Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
No, it can be compared. Automatics have been cooled for 60 years and the basic mechanics of the auto tranny haven't changed.. The fact of the matter is slippage occurs. It occurs in all autos by design new or old.. Nobody said they don't work, nobody said they can't wheel. Nobody took aim at your JL. I answered a question with my opinion from many years of driving and repairing jeeps on how I think it is overlooked. So I am happy you can wheel with the best of them. Some times ignorance is bliss šŸ˜Š
Ehem...slippage also occurs on a manual transmission; itā€™s called the clutch.

The fact is modern automatics are a lot quicker and more efficient than modern manuals. This 8-speed auto, in particular, is among the best transmissions Iā€™ve ever owned, manual or auto.

I enjoy both, driving a slick 6-speed manual on the Fiat Spider, and a comfortable 8-speed auto on the Jeep.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think UConnect doesnā€™t get enough credit. The ease of use, speed and seamless manner with which it connects time and time again is just amazing.

I am constantly reminded of this every time I get in my Fiat 124 Spider and try to do the most basic functions with that retarded Mazda infotainment system that came with the car. The Mazda system is SLOW and STUPID. It needs constant inputs to do even the most basic functions, and half the time it gets lost trying to connect. Itā€™s gotten to the point that I wonā€™t even turn it on unless I am driving more than 45 mins.; the level of frustration getting it to do anything as simple as connect to the phone or stream music is just not worth it.

Last edited:

JackalopeJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU rubicon 6speed manual
Ehem...slippage also occurs on a manual transmission; itā€™s called the clutch.

The fact is modern automatics are a lot quicker and more efficient than modern manuals. This 8-speed auto, in particular, is among the best transmissions Iā€™ve ever owned, manual or auto.

Actually the clutch is external to the transmission and much easier to service, The lower tcase gears do indeed lower the need to slip a clutch as much too hence my fricking comments..haha, But truly there is no comparison to using a clutch and the design slippage of a fluid coupling automatic transmission, Totally different principles. With comments like these is is obvious as to who does not understand the principles of how a automatic transmission work.

Funny how I make a comment on my opinion on a overlooked feature and it turns into a, " I love my automatic transmission" defense..hahaha I don't have a problem with autos, never said I did. Auto or manual there are huge benefits with having the lower transfer-case gears. One of them is reducing slippage in a automatic transmission while wheeling. This can help preserve the life of that transmission..

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Great posts! I like the way the wiper fluid REALLY flows (almost floods) on the windshield and that it does it a split second before the wipers start doing their thing.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There is no comparison to using a clutch and the design slippage of a fluid coupling automatic transmission, Totally different principles. With comments like these is is obvious as to who does not understand the principles of how a automatic transmission work.

Funny how I make a comment on my opinion on a overlooked feature and it turns into a, " I love my automatic transmission" defense..hahaha I don't have a problem with autos, never said I did. Auto or manual there are huge benefits with having the lower transfer-case gears. One of them is reducing slippage in a automatic transmission while wheeling. This can help preserve the life of that transmission..
The reason you keep getting comments like these is because of the passive-aggressive tone of your posts.

Every time you insult fellow forum members, no matter how many ā€œha-haā€™sā€ you add, you are going to get a reaction.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Great posts! I like the way the wiper fluid REALLY flows (almost floods) on the windshield and that it does it a split second before the wipers start doing their thing.
It's the simple things in life. When you can find joy in something that simple, you must be a glass half full kinda person. I like that, good for you.

JackalopeJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU rubicon 6speed manual
The reason you keep getting comments like these is because of the passive-aggressive tone of your posts.

Every time you insult fellow forum members, no matter how many ā€œha-haā€™sā€ you add, you are going to get a reaction.
The passive aggressive didn't start with me :) Or the insecure reactionary comments..

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
It's the simple things in life. When you can find joy in something that simple, you must be a glass half full kinda person. I like that, good for you.
Some days are better than others :)

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The passive aggressive didn't start with me :) Or the insecure reactionary comments..
See? Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m talking about...

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
BLD used it when climbing a rocky hill a few weekends ago, I could feel it working, didn't slip once. I do need to change my pads soon, they were squeaking up the hill. I have the limited slip m220 axle, the combination of the two made me feel like a pro driver.
It's a great setup. I had the LSD in my base sport and it was flawless.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Get a life bud. You might want to take a course in effective interpersonal communications.

Time to put you on ignore.
lol this is why I stopped commenting. Dude's miserable.

Apparently if you dont have a Rubicon with a manual transmission you cant crawl. and if you do, it is an illusion. and if you say you are fine with your sport transfer case you are insecure. and if you say manuals can slip then you dont know anything about transmissions. oh and also if the JL tranny is much better than old jeeps you dont know shit either. Ohhh and if it is easier to wheel the auto guess whaaaaat YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO WHEEL.

We are in the presence of nothing less than. a troll my friend.

šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
Heated steering wheel for the win - won't have a vehicle without it now :). Now I need to install something that lifts the back window automatically after the tailgate swings open. I started chatting and forgot to lift it - poor dog tried to jump in. I'm pretty sure it won't be the last time either. He's a great dog - but not the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Heated steering wheel for the win - won't have a vehicle without it now :). Now I need to install something that lifts the back window automatically after the tailgate swings open. I started chatting and forgot to lift it - poor dog tried to jump in. I'm pretty sure it won't be the last time either. He's a great dog - but not the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes.
The fact that the Jeep will turn on the heated seats and heated steering wheel is an awesome thing. We camped the last five days. This morning, it was 31 degrees when we got up. The weather man said it would be in the high forties. Nope. no gloves with us. I remote started the Jeep as we broke down camp and prepared to head home. It was a great feeling getting into the Jeep with the steering wheel warm and the seats warm.
Sponsored