Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Nothing worse than contorting to get the inside of a windshield clean.
This window cleaning tool was given to me as a gift, and it actually performs as advertised. I substitute denatured alcohol for water to make the glass as clear as possible.
Sponsored

GoingInJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep JAY EL
Occupation
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER
The most overlooked feature? It is the quintessential vehicle that symbolizes AMERICA and Americans. Free spirited, fun, adventurous, and exploration of the human experience, our lifestyles, and this great nation as flawed as it is at times, it is GREAT, FREE, and HELL WE HAVE THE JEEP! ~ Jeep 👋🏼

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The most overlooked feature? It is the quintessential vehicle that symbolizes AMERICA and Americans. Free spirited, fun, adventurous, and exploration of the human experience, our lifestyles, and this great nation as flawed as it is at times, it is GREAT, FREE, and HELL WE HAVE THE JEEP! ~ Jeep 👋🏼
Take that, BRONCO!

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Drivers who require extra visibility on the trails have forward cameras and trail doors (or complete door removal) at their disposal.
I find that folding the windshield actually hinders off road visibility. Same with on the TJ as well. They windshields sit so high on the hood your visibility of what is right in front of the Jeep is greatly diminished. I am not sure the last model where having the windshield folded down helped visibility, or if it ever did. But on the TJ, and I'd assume the JK as well, completely removing the windshield helped. But what a pain in the ass. Same with the JL. Oh it's easy to get the bolts out, but getting a buddy to help lift it and finding a place to store it is just annoying.

For myself, I find windshield down is simply more fun and a unique experience. If I was trying to come up with a list of advantages for it primarily I would say that the increased airflow helps keep you cool. Pretty nice when going through a trail, as long as you're not having to follow another vehicle. Also when I'm driving through the bison park in Denver for example, where you're not allowed to get out of the vehicle, having the windshield down makes for easier photography opportunities. Then I suppose I could also make the joke about how I'm less likely to get a cracked windshield from a rock. But really I do it because I find it to be fun. Living in Colorado there are very few bugs so I rarely get hit by anything and as long as I'm staying under 40ish the wind doesn't bother me. The JL is also super fast to put the windshield back in place if I'm getting on the highway. It seems to be OK with just one bolt holding it in place and I carry a cheap electric driver so it only takes me a moment to get the windshield up and in place. I'm sure it's not "safe" like that, but it works well enough for my purposes.

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Built in navigation is actually really good.

I usually go straight to Apple Carplay, but decided to try it out for kicks last week. It's really quite impressive. some features:

1. On interstate and highways, the center display shows a reproduction of the exit and divider signs, for all exits and dividers, regardless of whether a route is selected or not.

2. On interstate and highways, there's a small list on the right hand side which shows next nearest gas with exit and distance listed (I believe it also lists food and hotel, but I'm going off memory here), regardless of whether a route is selected.

3. Speed limit if known is always shown. (This really should be an optional "always on" icon the driver's display cluster)

4. Integration with driver's display cluster - driver's cluster will show next turn when approaching turn. (Would like to see this integrated with Carplay as well)

5. Good integration with Sirius traffic. Traffic information was current and accurate during my navigation test.

6. Good display options - I like the very simple route focused interface.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR

I usually go straight to Apple Carplay, but decided to try it out for kicks last week. It's really quite impressive. some features:

1. On interstate and highways, the center display shows a reproduction of the exit and divider signs, for all exits and dividers, regardless of whether a route is selected or not.

2. On interstate and highways, there's a small list on the right hand side which shows next nearest gas with exit and distance listed (I believe it also lists food and hotel, but I'm going off memory here), regardless of whether a route is selected.

3. Speed limit if known is always shown. (This really should be an optional "always on" icon the driver's display cluster)

4. Integration with driver's display cluster - driver's cluster will show next turn when approaching turn. (Would like to see this integrated with Carplay as well)

5. Good integration with Sirius traffic. Traffic information was current and accurate during my navigation test.

6. Good display options - I like the very simple route focused interface.
Agree. I find the nav to be really good.

Also find it really cool that the map has arrows on one-way streets to show you which way traffic flows.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have proximity locks on all my other cars. Love the proximity door locks. The heated steering wheel is great also. I had no idea I woul like it as much as I do. I would have never ordered it if it did not come with the heated seats. Now I know better and can't imagine not having it. I like LED head lights too. I took them for granted until I ended up in a loaner with with the regular lights.

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
I have proximity locks on all my other cars. Love the proximity door locks. The heated steering wheel is great also. I had no idea I woul like it as much as I do. I would have never ordered it if it did not come with the heated seats. Now I know better and can't imagine not having it. I like LED head lights too. I took them for granted until I ended up in a loaner with with the regular lights.
+1 on the heated steering wheel. Never thought I'd use it and now its one of my favorite things in the winter.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Blind Spot Chime feature. Under settings, safety and driving assistance. It will mute music and chime (in addition to the light on the mirror indicator) but ONLY when your turn signal is on. It does not chime every time a car is in your blind spot, which would be irritating. Again this only chimes if your turn signal is on. The blind spot feature defaults to lights only.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep? 096FA5A2-F868-4926-B0D3-DE544EAB3CEE

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering

I came to suggest these two very things... and one more underrated feature of the built in radio/navigation system. (At least, from the experience of an owner with the 8" model.)

If I may add onto two of your points...

On long trips, I really appreciate how it shows icons (Gas, Food, Lodging... I believe) representing their availability at the next THREE upcoming exits. If you click on one of the exits, it'll show the name of business from each category (but I want to believe that it shows just one establishment per category). If you touch one of those names, it'll offer to automatically adjust your route, and it'll update your route to take you to the selected gas station, fast food establishment, or lodging. Very awesome!

3. Over the years, I've gotten to the point where I feel naked without something showing me what my current speed limit is. In my old car, that was with a Garmin GPS that I had planted on the dash. But even better is the Wrangler's built-in navigation (at least, for my 8" model). It also receives live construction updates, so if there's a construction speed zone in effect, it already knows about it, lets me know, (and in advance of hitting it, may even offer a re-route). My only complaint/suggestion is that they move it to the LEFT side of the screen towards the driver and not on the far-right side. But that's a minor gripe, to be honest.

If I may add an underrated item of my own...

Most people forget that the Travel Link app is good for finding where to go for your next fill-up. But it may be even better than you realize. To start with, you should go into its settings and set the kind of fuel you're looking for (regular, premium, diesel, etc) so that it's giving you latest prices for the right fuel. Now, by default, displays all the nearby gas stations, sorted by distance. TOTALLY BORING!

Just touch the word "Price" at the top of the list, and now it sorts all the nearby stations by price with the lowest price on top, followed by more increasingly expensive options. When you're ready for that next fill-up, just go back to the app and you'll be able to decide very easily if the lowest offering is close enough to be worthwhile to you or not. Not close enough to be worth it? No problem. Just scan down the rest of the list and see which of the next-best choices works out well for you.

This one's underrated because most people don't know they can sort the list by price. Now that you have this little piece of knowledge, if you're any bit sensitive to overpaying at your next fill-up, it is much easier to select the best gas station (or avoid the worst ones) than if you're trying to decipher that information from the list by default. Naturally, if you choose from any of the given options, it can automatically re-route you there, if you so choose.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Softop changes that came with the JL. If you had a JK or TJ, you know what I mean. So much easier to put it up and down. No more stupid zippers that wont line up. Faster, easier, quieter and tighter. I've got dual tops but run soft top or naked from March-November. Big deal for me. 2018 JL Rubi, #2 XR Rubi on order in shipping stage.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Not having to turn those screw things to remove the freedom panels. Having only latches is far better. Now if they could only do the same for the top itself.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Did anyone say putting the hood all the way back rather than relying on a prop rod or struts? I'm not going to go back through to see if it was mentioned or not. But an absolutely wonderful feature of Jeeps for anyone who does their own work, and one that is often skipped when magazines talk about the "history" of Jeeps with removable doors and folding windshields. Are there any other vehicles on the market today that allow the hood to rest on the windshield, or open just as wide?
Sponsored