Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

OP
OP
00 Trans Ram

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Ok, dumb question I’m sure, and yes I’m too lazy to look it up right now, so, how do you “replay” a song? I was aware of the starting at the beginning of the song when you change stations, but not the replay feature. Thanks.
So, when you are in SXM mode (not AM/FM), there is a "Replay" button near the bottom, just left of center. Press that, and it kinda opens up another mode, where you can skip back to the beginning of a song, or even the song before. When you press "Replay" again, it goes back to live music.

It only works for your Favorite stations. And, it only goes back to when you started the car, or switched over to SXM. Frankly, I have no idea how many songs you can go back, though - never experimented.

The nice thing about this is that the radio automatically assumes that when you switch to a favorited station, you want to hear the song being played from the beginning. So, if you go through all of your favorites, you will notice they are all starting at the beginning of a song. But, if you go to, say, channel 40 and the song is at the beginning, then you switch to channel 41, then back to channel 40, that channel 40 song will be live now - not where you left it.

s-l1600.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
00 Trans Ram

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
No. Freakin. Way.
Mind happily blown.
Reading this was just the icing on my cake today. I got Taco Bell for lunch (my fav)...
I bought another jeep (didnt think that was gonna happen today)... and now THIS bit of listening yumminess???
Today was beautiful, I even got that lovely florida rain storm smell to mix with the fresh cut grass.....
Cheesy post but I'm just full of love today!
I know - I feel like this should be a selling point of the car. I've had SXM since it pretty much began, and never heard of this.

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
Proximity enter - I don't have this, and I miss the old CJ soft doors with the turning handle! But I've a question - when it comes to locking the doors, can you leave the key fob in your pocket or bag and just 'press lock' on the inside of the door and then close the door, or do you need to use the key fob to lock the doors for full security?
I have had proximity entry on my last 3 cars and actively sought it out on my Jeep. Absolutely had to have it! As to your question, yes, you can leave the fob in your pocket and press the lock inside or the button on the handle outside (much easier, IMHO). My fob rarely, if ever, leaves my purse. Usually only long enough to remote start (but now that I have the app, that'll be a thing of the past as well).

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
And, it only goes back to when you started the car, or switched over to SXM. Frankly, I have no idea how many songs you can go back, though - never experimented.
Happy to report that the SXM replay function stores up to 60 minutes of music! :rock:

I love that feature on longer drives. When you find a tune you like you can replay it once or twice and bank some time, then skip ahead when you don’t like another one (you can skip until you hit live mode). Another neat detail is that it continues to accrue if you take a call while in replay mode. On occasions I am on long phone calls and can then rewind to replay (or skip) many earlier songs. Happy times!

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
The driver's lumbar support control is easy to reach while driving, the "right" size, and has a good rate of change per turn. It's usually 3--5min down the road when I realize it needs adjusted.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
The main volume knob can be used to adjust Android Auto app sound, namely Google directions while it's speaking during navigation.

I tend to use verbal SMS quite a bit (but haven't tried changing the volume while it's asking questions or reading sms). I had Max AC running for the first time yesterday and it dropped the fans (and re-upped them) automatically while listening for a verbal instruction.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
Jeep’s Quadra-coil suspension.

Nothing else on the market drives, rides, feels, and bobs your head like a Jeep on four coils. In fact, every other automaker goes to great lengths so that you don’t have to feel a thing.

Jeep’s suspension makes you feel like you can drive through and over anything. That’s what keeps me coming back to Wranglers.
Spot on... my JL is 1st wrangler. Month into owning took her on a trail and cldnt believe how well the suspension was. Something i noticed immediately and passengers felt it too. Wrangler is an expensive vehicle but i dnt believe they cut many corners imo. I love my wrangler

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
For me it's being able to flip the hood right up against the windshield.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
An overlooked feature of the Wrangler is that it's a vehicle that is still available in what we might refer to as a Legacy Analog build, at least in the lower trims. By this I mean (a) manual windows & door locks, (b) a third pedal, and (c) the absence of driver aid nannies, unless the customer explicitly adds them to the order sheet. (Yes, the clutch pedal crosses trim levels.)

Concerning c: When my wife was shopping for her new Honda CR-V, the saleslady was happy to tell us that Honda's comprehensive suite of safety tech was now standard on all trim levels, whereas the year prior, it wasn't. The buyer who wanted that model (or any other new Honda), but not those pricey add-ons, was now out of luck.

I'd wager the Wrangler stands alone, or close to it, as it concerns offering the consumer the choice to opt out of electronic encumbrances that he doesn't want or need. This is not insignificant. This freedom of choice likely won't last, so for those of you of similar mind here, configure ye build sheets while ye may.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Here’s a really unique feature….

In order to improve fuel mileage on my 2.0T, the oil pump actually has two modes. At high load conditions, the oil pressure is higher than at low power states. Check it out for yourself…bring up thr pressure gauge then go for a drive.

This makes sense…why use energy to pressurize the oil when not needed? At first I thought the pump was bad, but it is very repeatable. How clever is that??

Folks, See if this is true on other engines.
Two stage oil pumps are used across nearly all brands. Not unique at all.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The no-jacks (and everything easy to get to) oil change is so underrated. Just did my wife's Jeep last night... I did mine a few months ago, which was the first oil change I've ever bothered to do in the 30 years I've been driving.
Hahahahhaha same here man. Same here. I had a Sahara JK, but when I bought my Rubicon it was high enough off the ground, I felt like I just HAD to try doing an oil change on it. Yep, can totally do that without lifting it. It's awesome!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Compared to a JK yeah it's easier. In a way it's probably also slightly easier than a TJ (4 bolt along the header for the JL vs 8 on the TJ plus the two on the side). But having that structure still in place you don't get the same open feeling that Jeeps of the past had.
I agree, but at the same time, dropping the windshield in a JK was ridiculous, and they never looked right that way. I think the TJ was the last one that looked proper with the windshield folded down.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I think the TJ was the last one that looked proper with the windshield folded down.
Agreed.

I overlook the folding windscreen feature on my JLU. I figure, What's the point? There's a structural frame evident when the glass is folded down, so there's nothing to be gained aesthetically. The folded windscreen sits quite proud on the hood, too.

It's a legacy feature that I'd guess FCA thought they had to retain, but at this point it seems to be a talking point and little else. Drivers who require extra visibility on the trails have forward cameras and trail doors (or complete door removal) at their disposal.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Agreed.

I overlook the folding windscreen feature on my JLU. I figure, What's the point? There's a structural frame evident when the glass is folded down, so there's nothing to be gained aesthetically. The folded windscreen sits quite proud on the hood, too.

It's a legacy feature that I'd guess FCA thought they had to retain, but at this point it seems to be a talking point and little else. Drivers who require extra visibility on the trails have forward cameras and trail doors (or complete door removal) at their disposal.
I folded mine down and drove down the road a bit, just to say I had, but, yeah, it seemed kinda dumb since the windshield on the hood obstructs visibility... Still, it was a joy to wash the inside of the glass and apply the tint film with it folded down. Nothing worse than contorting to get the inside of a windshield clean.
Sponsored