Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
You can also just remove the sensor in the 3.6 liter. Takes 2 minutes and you never have to push that button again.
Think i've read on this board that doing that will trigger a dashboard light to come on?

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
don't know if it is overlooked, but that electronic sway bar disconnect sure came in handy this week in Sedona:like:

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
Every removable component is easier to remove. My favorite one is the clips and lever for the hardtop panels (vs. the Screws of One Thousand Turns on the JK). Quick-release washer fluid/wiring in the back. Doors are much lighter and easier to carry. The windshield is easier to drop, AND they made it safer (the windshield itself is no longer part of the structure of the sport cage!).

The designers absolutely nailed the tactile aspects of the JL, in a bunch of subtle ways that make it feel so much less generic. Rubber and leather instead of plastic wherever possible; a nice satisfying thoonk when the doors lock; lots of buttons without looking at all cluttered. People love to make fun of the giant key, but it's the only key fob I've ever been able to use with gloves on. Same with the HVAC controls, radio, shifters, even the steering wheel buttons. So many carmakers are forcing you to use the touchscreen for everything... Jeep went out of their way to avoid it.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Think i've read on this board that doing that will trigger a dashboard light to come on?
I disconnect mine months ago and while it does trigger the dash light, it doesn’t bother me in the least since the entire display is digital and one more light is not noticeable.
Now if it was an analog display, that light would stick out like a sore thumb and annoy me to the point I would look at other options to disable the ESS.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I enjoy the fact that if you use the remote start, the heated seats and heated steering wheel turn on when the temp drops below 40 degrees.
I love this feature. It also turns on the side mirror defrosters (and I assume rear window defroster for those with a hard top), and the heater turns on to maximum until you get in and push the start button (then it goes back to the previous setting).

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I also enjoy that feature. Being in Michigan, I enjoy the fact that if you use the remote start, the heated seats and heated steering wheel turn on when the temp drops below 40 degrees.
I like this too, but with a manual there is no remote start fanciness. All the cold weather items start up once we enter the vehicle. It is ok though, since I live in southern Arizona the possible need for this feature is limited to about 5 days a year. Parking in the garage seems to eliminate this, but when we go out at night and the temps did below 60Ëš we use the seat heaters for sure.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
This is my first Jeep and I love how easy it is to do an oil change, drain and fill the tranny and transfer case and differentials. No need to waste my time driving to and from the dealer and waiting in the lobby. I love having the doors and top off for 9 months out of the year. The aftermarket options are incredible.

This forum has been amazing to learn from all those with experience with Jeeps and the fact that all the torque values to all the fasteners is so easy to find has been fantastic.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
The resale value. I just got offered 2.5k over what I paid and it still has paper tags on it.

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Just a few…..
How the sun visors blend in folded up.
No more twisty knobs on hard top.
AC in the back of the 2 door.
Holder for power and wiper connections.
Rear view mirror not connected to windshield.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
I'm just going with the manual transmission. Never expected one this good in a Jeep.
My 2005 manual transmission lasted 235,000 miles!

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Keyless proximity entry is not lame. I had this on my Mustang and even though I absolutely loved it, I decided to go without on the Jeep because I figured a good portion of the time I'll have the doors off anyway. I wish I had opted to included it anyway. It's just one of those things that's convenient as hell but you don't realize it until you have it for a while and then don't. I'm sure I will get used to it, but I walk out to my Jeep so many times and try to open the door only to realize it's still locked and I have to pull the fob out to unlock the doors.
Had this on our cherokee that I sold. Been driving around a beater that I have to press the fob to unlock and it's truly something you don't miss until you lose it.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The windshield is easier to drop, AND they made it safer
Compared to a JK yeah it's easier. In a way it's probably also slightly easier than a TJ (4 bolt along the header for the JL vs 8 on the TJ plus the two on the side). But having that structure still in place you don't get the same open feeling that Jeeps of the past had. Also the windshield sits very high on the dash actually decreasing visibility. I'd also say that compared to a TJ they made removing the wipers much more difficult. The TJs had a sort of collar that you moved aside then lifted off the wiper. On the JL the nut is not difficult to remove but I seem to almost always need to grab my pulling tool to separate the wiper from the shaft. Overall, I prefer the TJ's windshield.

And really that's kind of the story I have for every feature of the JL compared to my TJ. The JL is more comfortable and probably better in every way, but when it comes to unique features of the Jeep there isn't much I can think of that wasn't the same or better on a TJ. Lighter doors? That's about all I really got. But while the doors are noticably lighter weight, for me I don't seem to find it to be much of a "life changing" improvement because they're still just as awkward I haven't been able to change how I carry or store them. Not needing to pull a fuse is nice, but pulling two sets of wires and undoing the bolt for the check strap is probably more of a pain than the fuse was.

I guess I'm just being very negative today? Why did I even buy this Jeep? :LOL:

EDIT: It just came to me! I'm an idiot... The swaybar disconnect button. That is truly a huge improvement over messing with disconnecting the end links all the time (or just removing the sway bar entirely which is what I ended up doing on the TJ).
Sponsored