Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Once the rest of my parts show up really the only other thing I would add to my jeep is a winch.

I've been contemplating buying a old Honda civic. Would be cool to put the body on a frame with solid axles, big ol lift and if possible fit some 35s or 37s on it. Only for the sole purpose of being able to say I've done some gnarly trails "with my civic" 🤣

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'm not even through building out my 2021 Sahara that I bought literally in JULY and yet, there was a SUPER clean '01 XJ posted on our local Jeep group yesterday that I was *drooling* over.

$7.8K, and I was already mentally spending another ~$10-15K to make it awesome.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I have tried therapy. Not just "one on one" sessions with a psychiatrist once a week, but rather an entire staff of shrinks, everyday, 24/7. They haven't found a cure.

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If I were you I wouldn't think twice about trading for newer model. It doesn't look like you have done to much in the way of mods. Someone like me who has invested $15,000 in aftermarket parts have a much harder time justifying a move like this.

Sponsored

OP
OP

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Exactly. About $5,500 in lights, brakes, suspension , etc. And it only has 11k on the odometer. Its likely to be a substantial net profit. I can’t remember in the many vehicles I have sold in the last where that happened. If there was ever a time, it is now.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So. After 3 years, a lot of money, at least 40 bandaids and 2500 bucks of counseling, my 2019 Sarah is bad ass, awesome looking, drives great and gets many comments.
WTF has me wanting to get a 2022 and start over?

What the hell is wrong with me?
Provided you have the means to move on to another Wrangler, nothing.

Coincidentally, I get the urge to replace one of my motorcycles every 3 years or so. With few exceptions, I've done just that.

This is just one way that we can keep things fresh and interesting for ourselves.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Provided you have the means to move on to another Wrangler, nothing.

Coincidentally, I get the urge to replace one of my motorcycles every 3 years or so. With few exceptions, I've done just that.

This is just one way that we can keep things fresh and interesting for ourselves.
I agree with this logic. About once a month ill build a new jeep just to tickle my fancy.
Also looking to get a 22' ZH2, if so ill be right on par with the 3 year mark, but I don't plan to sell the cruiser or the Z900.

I think we all just wanna fill the garages with bikes, cars and Jeeps and modify to our desires.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Finding the edges is a struggle. People who havent even taken delivery yet on their 392s are already trading them in for 392 XRs...because it's "more", "next level", because they want "the maximum".

I'm really glad I can be happy with my unmodified 2019 Sport...it's all I need in a Jeep. I dont have to keep reaching upward...

...at least not with jeeps.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is my psychosis and why P_20181022_102630

Those are all Martin jumbos, all discontinued models, all modified.

Always upward.

OP
OP

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Finding the edges is a struggle. People who havent even taken delivery yet on their 392s are already trading them in for 392 XRs...because it's "more", "next level", because they want "the maximum".

I'm really glad I can be happy with my unmodified 2019 Sport...it's all I need in a Jeep. I dont have to keep reaching upward...

...at least not with jeeps.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is my psychosis and why P_20181022_102630

Those are all Martin jumbos, all discontinued models, all modified.

Always upward.
Those Martins are stunning

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I think there are people who always have to try to go beyond, just because it's there. I understand that. I've always said, "anything worth doing, is worth outrageously overdoing".

I dont have to build my jeep, or trade up, or even try to find its limits. People who do, should go for it! I have guns, but havent bought or modified one in 30 years. I know guys who really are worried if they go a month without either a new weapon or upgrading one. I go outrageously beyond on other stuff, but (and here I'm serious), I think the psychology is the same in all of these things. "If there's something more, let's get it."

Here's another example of "outrageously overdoing" on my part. 25 years ago someone gave us a canary. Here's what that grew into.
Jeep Wrangler JL What is my psychosis and why newamazon16

Jeep Wrangler JL What is my psychosis and why 14macawn
Jeep Wrangler JL What is my psychosis and why newflight

Jeep Wrangler JL What is my psychosis and why Alex

In the past 25 years we've taken in, rehabbed, and rehomed 1100 parrots. Outrageous.

Ok, thread drift...overdone outrageously.

OP
OP

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I get it. I shoot several spots as a serious competitor. Handgun and shotgun. All target. Factory modifications to an existing design works for me. I have no desire for a “Race Gun” just not my bag. But WOW!!! Just WOW I have a LITTLE Green Cheek. I want a Ring Neck but know my limitations may be in the way. Hahaha. You have a lifestyle right there. What you are doing there is amazing and incredibly cool. How many birds and what? That is a beautiful Macaw. Holy Shit. I FANTASIZE about owning one of the Cocatoo species. Umbrella or Major Mitchell. Maybe one day before im pushing up grass.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I get it. I shoot several spots as a serious competitor. Handgun and shotgun. All target. Factory modifications to an existing design works for me. I have no desire for a “Race Gun” just not my bag. But WOW!!! Just WOW I have a LITTLE Green Cheek. I want a Ring Neck but know my limitations may be in the way. Hahaha. You have a lifestyle right there. What you are doing there is amazing and incredibly cool. How many birds and what? That is a beautiful Macaw. Holy Shit. I FANTASIZE about owning one of the Cocatoo species. Umbrella or Major Mitchell. Maybe one day before im pushing up grass.
Ok, so...what I have is a nonprofit shelter/rescue that I founded and run, with volunteer help. If you're interested, you can check the operation out at Iowa Parrot Rescue.

Current population as of today is 68 parrots of 21 species..we had four adoptions this week. We have 26 macaws, 21 amazons, 6 cockatoos (Moluccan, umbrella, 2 lesser sulphur crested, 2 Goffins), 3 African greys, 3 Senegals, 7 conures, 1 eclectus and 1 Jardines.

Ringnecks? Lol! 20 years ago we took in 36 ringnecks in one shipment. Part of a 400 bird seizure bY USFWS.
Sponsored

Last edited: