What is my psychosis and why

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
So. After 3 years, a lot of money, at least 40 bandaids and 2500 bucks of counseling, my 2019 Sarah is bad ass, awesome looking, drives great and gets many comments. It’s “Done” 11,000 miles. We good to go.
WTF has me wanting to get a 2022 and start over? This is about as smart as shoving a warm noodle up a wild cats fanny. There will be blood, tears, loss of hair and horrible noises.
What the hell is wring with me?
Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That is definitely a diagnosable issue.

If you want a new vehicle, sell your upgraded parts and re-build your current JL in a new and wonderful way!

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Build something cheaper... I don't know what kind of cars you like, but start with a $10k donor and build it up... then you have the Jeep and this...

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I’ve always been the exact same. Once I consider a vehicle done, I get bored and start looking for something else.

SFDemo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara EcoDiesel
Obviously OCJD, Obsessive Compulsive Jeep Disorder. Apparently very common on this forum

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Definitely an issue that likely only plagues those with a lot of disposable income. Us less 'well off' folks couldn't fathom putting significant $$ in another build so soon.

But then again, I was just on the Jeep site building a '22 just to see how it compares to my '21. And of course if I were to get a '22, no way I'd leave it stock very long.

But, I was just fantasizing though, no way I'd pull the trigger. There's a certain unexplainable thrill to taking delivery of a brand new vehicle.

Damn, maybe I need professional help too....

Sponsored

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Build something cheaper... I don't know what kind of cars you like, but start with a $10k donor and build it up... then you have the Jeep and this...
THIS!!!

Modifying a brand new car is EXPENSIVE. Parts are expensive, vehicle is expensive, and (frankly) parts are still being developed, so they will only get better.

Get a cheap used one (heck, even a 7 year old JK would work) and modify it. The good news with an older one is that you aren't nearly as worried about screwing it up. Need to weld something on it? Go ahead! But, I'm hesitant about welding on something I'm still making payments on.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
The only thing you can do when you think you’re “done” is go out an break stuff.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Hrmm. You didn't mention it was Mojito Green. Man I would be hard pressed to give up that color. It is by far my favorite color of all the JL colors thus far. Wish I would have ordered back when it was available. If it ever comes back out I would immediately trade in my 2022 that I have on order, even though Hydro blue is gorgeous. That Mojito though....
Maybe I have the same syndrome haha.
Sponsored