Sponsored

What is it about eTorque that makes it have no supercharger options?

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI / Hyundai Tuscon
Just curious what the deal is with the eTorque that makes it unfriendly to adding a blower?
Sponsored

Nailgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Routing a belt to a super charger with the e-torque in it's current position would require extensive engineering.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
BSG kinda kills all the belt driven options, it’s the same reason we can’t get a ram assist steering kit. The belt driven pump doesn’t play well with the etorque.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
I'm hoping the etorque 3.6 stays around long enough to make the manufacturers reconsider making a kit. I think if Jeep decides to keep the etorque only for a few years then we will be hosed. I'd be willing to install a kit to remove the etorque from my Jeep if that was possible so I could install a supercharger.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I'm waiting for a well situated person to side-step the entire supercharge issue and offer an eTurbo (technically, an electric supercharger) for eTorque vehicles. The 48V supplies for eTorque are perfect for it. I suspect there's quite a few people that'd be willing to make the trade. đź’µ

Sponsored

Kevin32199

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 Door
I'm hoping the etorque 3.6 stays around long enough to make the manufacturers reconsider making a kit. I think if Jeep decides to keep the etorque only for a few years then we will be hosed. I'd be willing to install a kit to remove the etorque from my Jeep if that was possible so I could install a supercharger.
Why not look into using that onboard battery pack to power an electric supercharger? If that works well, it may be worth having an eTorque after all.

Reactions: AFD

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
BSG kinda kills all the belt driven options, it’s the same reason we can’t get a ram assist steering kit. The belt driven pump doesn’t play well with the etorque.
I understand the issue with a eTorque 3.6,
I had a 2018 JLUR and a 2015 JKUR with a 3.6 non eTorque
I don’t know much about the JT but does the 2020 on up not have a eTorque engine?
Because they offer a kit for it

https://www.pscmotorsports.com/all-...ng-kits/jeep/2020-2021-jt/temp/psc-sk551.html

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
The overall height it what is one of the issues they are running into. With the 392 and special water fording intake there is about 2" of rook from the top of the engine to the bottom of the hood
I had put a supercharger on the overkill 454 that I had in one of my boats and the biggest issue was cutting the engine hatch cover and have it sticking up or install a pro ram type of scoop after you cut the hole for the supercharger
There might be aftermarket hoods that will help, or the 1" body lift that I have seen available or you can wait for the twin turbo inline 6 that makes 500 hp to be available for Wranglers

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score