Sponsored

What is going on with Bestop?

Krimzin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle Sport S Unlimited, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2018 Corvette Grand Sport.
Vehicle Showcase
Seems they have a complete shit show on their hands atm.
I got on the preorder list for the Sunrider top for the JL on Oct 3.
Bestop said they would be shipping in a couple weeks and they would call to complete the order.
4 Weeks go by and nothing from them. I went on their website and they were actively taking orders, so I placed mine.
Figured they got backed up.. no big deal.
So now, I get an email saying my order was cancelled. Then another email saying disregard previous email and they were shipping in a couple weeks. So just to be safe, I called customer service. Woman on the phone tells me, yes my order had in fact been cancelled. She said they would be calling very soon to tell us to place our order again. I've seem to be having deja-vue .
Ive just never seen a company have these kind of issues.
If you have placed your order for a top, Id recommend calling them to check on it, chances are it was cancelled.

Bestop Contact info.
1-800-845-3567 or by email at [email protected]
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Refer to the Bestop forum below. You'll see the issues and several posts from me. May last one just a few minutes ago says it all: OVERCHARGED ME

page-9

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Maybe that promo they started running messed everything up on thier end, fullfilling orders and what not. Wasnt the promo like $200 off or something like that? Its unfortunate and waiting sucks, especially when you were told
one thing amd something else happens. Good luck tho, you’ll get it eventually.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I get your frustration John @Krimzin .

In some ways some of us cut Bestop a bit more slack than some other aftermarket vendors because they're also a market vendor, building FCA's OE tops for them.

Sure: they're crying all the way to the bank.....that would be an absolutely fair retort, but much of the work they do is by hand and performed by skilled craftspeople. It's hard to ram up and down that kind of work force in response to market demand.

I do though completely get where you're coming from on it sounding like they could have done a whole lot better on their customer service with you: a staffing task much easier to ramp up and down than product creation.
Sponsored