Sponsored

what is "drive forward" and "employee pricing plus" ?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I was browsing the website of a new dealer I found and they are advertising this and $8k off MSRP for Wrangler Sport and $10k off MSRP for Rubicon! These are the best deals I've found advertised from what seems like a reasonable dealer, but I need to do more research into them.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
EMPLOYEE PRICING PLUS
To help in these difficult times, we are offering Employee Pricing Plus( Disclosure1) on 2019 & 2020 Jeep® Wrangler models (excluding 2020 Wrangler Rubicon models) and 2020 Jeep® Gladiator models (excluding Rubicon and Mojave). For more information, contact your local Jeep® dealer.
From Jeep.com

There are many caveats in the disclosure fine print plus a $200 admin fee and ends June 1.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are those prices for 2019 or 2020? 20% off seems very high for 2020. No dealer could stay in business doing that. Other dealers in that area are doing $3,500 to $5,000 off Rubicons.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Are those prices for 2019 or 2020? 20% off seems very high for 2020. No dealer could stay in business doing that. Other dealers in that area are doing $3,500 to $5,000 off Rubicons.
Dealers don’t make money on new car sales. They make money on parts service, financing, and used cars.

dealers also pay interest on vehicles sitting on their lot. Sometimes losing $1k or $2k on a sale will save money long term. There is also a bunch of dealer incentives we never herd of. Not all dealers will qualify for all manufacturer incentives.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I need to do more research into them.
Dealers sometimes over advertise their specials to get into the top of the search engine algorithms. I advise you to see if the buyer has to qualify for any of those savings and if so, see if you do.

If it truly is 20% off, the savings will probably be split between the front end (“buy it now”) promotions and the back end (finance office) promotions.

OP
OP

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Dealers sometimes over advertise their specials to get into the top of the search engine algorithms.
I understand the games. This seemed like additional factory incentives and I was curious about that. I have to do due diligence on this dealer to see if they are honest or unscrupulous in which case advertised pricing would be meaningless.
Sponsored