Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I guess we are watching different videos. I know Broncbuster has done at least 3 and to be honest, really not stressing them too much for at least 2 of them. One was featured in a Litebrite video. Just crawling to the top of an easy Moab obstacle (can't remember name)
The broke so many they've come up with some nice offerings to help it.
So the tie rods are the same on the Sasquatch or not?
Put 40s and a lift on a stock Jeep with no mods with stock parts and send it up giant rocks and you break shit too. Common man. Lol.

Hell even light bright admits that. When their Rubicon was stock they broke shit all the time. There Rubicon is so far from stock now it's not even funny.

That dude would have actually faired better if he left that Bronco stock with the Sasquatch package then throwing those 40s on.

Regardless upgrading tie rods is simple. And there's already companies making them. I doubt I'll ever need them. Don't plan on anything that extreme.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
LOL! I lived with the Rubicon hood 6 months then found someone with the same factory color in Sport and swapped hoods (fast, easy, & both happy) because I wanted the more classic look. But then again, I’m that person who will paint my body matched top tan to look like a classic hardtop if I ever scrape it on a rock.
You are not the only one to think that. The Rubicon hood is hideous. Too Mad Max.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Put 40s and a lift on a stock Jeep with no mods with stock parts and send it up giant rocks and you break shit too. Common man. Lol.

Hell even light bright admits that. When their Rubicon was stock they broke shit all the time. There Rubicon is so far from stock now it's not even funny.

That dude would have actually faired better if he left that Bronco stock with the Sasquatch package then throwing those 40s on.

Regardless upgrading tie rods is simple. And there's already companies making them. I doubt I'll ever need them. Don't plan on anything that extreme.
I feel like you think I'm being argumentative. I'm not. I'm not even a big Jeep fanboy. I actually like a lot about the Bronco.
I was simply asking what made the tie rods in the Sasquatch better as you had stated. I couldn't find anything.
Notwithstanding, head on over to the Bronco forum. You'll see the tie rods are an issue on stock vehicles as well. They're literally the same size as a side by side.

Anyway, I've made my point. No point in talking Bronco shit on a Jeep forum. Lol.

Last edited:

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I feel like you think I'm being argumentative. I'm not. I'm not even a big Jeep fanboy. I actually a lot about the Bronco.
I was simply asking what made the tie rods in the Sasquatch better as you had stated. I couldn't find anything.
Notwithstanding, head on over to the Bronco forum. You'll see the tie rods are an issue on stock vehicles as well. They're literally the same size as a side by side.

Anyway, I've made my point. No point in talking Bronco shit on a Jeep forum. Lol.
I think where you miss understood me was I was mainly talking about the suspension and other off road bits as a whole meaning axles, shocks, gears, design and everything over the other vehicles mentioned. Not the tie rods.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My unpopular opinion:
Sport owners obsess way too much over Rubicon hoods. I'm not sure that it's healthy. ;)
And to build on that, Jeep owners will run backwards blindfolded across a busy street just to piss on a Bronco. It’s not ugly. It’s capable offroad. The build quality is not any more egregious than a Jeep.

Is it a Wrangler? No. Does it need to be? No. I prefer Coke to Pepsi but it’d be kind of petty and childish of me to walk up to anyone drinking a Pepsi and tell them how crappy their choice of soft drink is. I think since the Bronco has been introduced there’s been as many Bronco posts on this forum as Jeep posts. I bet a lot of you stalk exes that broke up with you.:CWL:

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
My unpopular opinion:
Sport owners obsess way too much over Rubicon hoods. I'm not sure that it's healthy. ;)
No interest in a Rubi hood. Wouldn’t mind some Willys wheels on my Sport, though.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
You are not the only one to think that. The Rubicon hood is hideous. Too Mad Max.
But I like it. I wouldn't like it if it was just a big flat piece of metal. Not as much. In fact the dv8 heat dispersion hood is kind cool. (It's not like there's a duck turbocharger sticking out of it or something.)

What does this mean? Will I suddenly like angry grilles someday soon? :crying:

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
But I like it. I wouldn't like it if it was just a big flat piece of metal. Not as much. In fact the dv8 heat dispersion hood is kind cool. (It's not like there's a duck turbocharger sticking out of it or something.)

What does this mean? Will I suddenly like angry grilles someday soon? :crying:
Probably, but you do you! 😄

Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? b54739ccf7c66d0759d4ee1a3b673a6d

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Speaking of this, is that forward lightbar need because the angry eyes cover the headlights? :giggle:

(Possibly unpopular?) opinion: Hard top should come standard with an upper rear light bar, maybe half width.

Preach It #2: Jeeps with no light bars, makes sense. With front and rear light bars, makes sense. With only a rear light bar, makes sense, you have headlights after all. With only front light bars, seriously talk about backwards, you're just trying to look cool; can't you see when pulling into your garage?

Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 175e36d7bb6fb31e0a7a52195b224098--led-light-bars-ta

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Unpopular opinion…

I bought a Warn Zeon 10S winch because they look cool.

I do mostly overland and light trails, so the chances of me ever using it are slim to none .. But it is a nice to have for “just in case” situations.

be gentle…
I'll be the 1st to admit that I would totally buy this if it was an option:

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of this, is that forward lightbar need because the angry eyes cover the headlights? :giggle:

(Possibly unpopular?) opinion: Hard top should come standard with an upper rear light bar, maybe half width.

Preach It #2: Jeeps with no light bars, makes sense. With front and rear light bars, makes sense. With only a rear light bar, makes sense, you have headlights after all. With only front light bars, seriously talk about backwards, you're just trying to look cool; can't you see when pulling into your garage?

Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 175e36d7bb6fb31e0a7a52195b224098--led-light-bars-ta
All I have for back up light for a while was a Diode Dynamics ssc2 with the flood lens, more than enough light for backing up and lighting up an area for work. I now have the oracle flush mount brake lights and they have a really bright backup light.

I have too much light now

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I think you should be able to get a non convertible Wrangler in either 2 or 4 door for those of us that don't do sun well and wouldn't mind the extra rigidity.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
All I have for back up light for a while was a Diode Dynamics ssc2 with the flood lens, more than enough light for backing up and lighting up an area for work. I now have the oracle flush mount brake lights and they have a really bright backup light.

I have too much light now
It was one year after getting newjeep, I had just switched jobs, and we were in the midst of our beautiful long winter, so I broke down and got a full 30in ZRoadz rear bar. I might even use it tomorrow, but yeah when it's pouring down rain three hours before sunrise and there are trees around, the JL backup lights definitely aren't enough.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
It was one year after getting newjeep, I had just switched jobs, and we were in the midst of our beautiful long winter, so I broke down and got a full 30in ZRoadz rear bar. I might even use it tomorrow, but yeah when it's pouring down rain three hours before sunrise and there are trees around, the JL backup lights definitely aren't enough.
absolutely, the factory reverse lights leave a lot to be desired. I forgot to mention, my setup is one pro level ssc2 light. I don't need it very much but when I do, I'm glad that I have it.

20220106_143056.jpg
Sponsored