Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Wow can't believe I missed this thread

Went through all 60 pages and didn't find any of the following.....(takes a deep breath and looks around to make sure its safe)

-when people end or start with 'Just my 2 cents' -_-. I think we know when someone is giving an opinion or a fact
-when people use the word rig instead of Jeep. Same amount of syllables why not just say Jeep 🤷‍♂️
-Cringey flex photos on rocks

There I said it and ready to be banned. It was nice knowing all of you

Just my 2 cents....
I am in the process of remodeling our bathroom and walk in closet. Fuck I can't find my ban hammer. LOL.

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Referring to a Jeep without top and doors as "naked" and using the phrase "go topless" are played-out and stupid. Almost to the same extent as the upside-down "If you can read this, flip me over" window decal.
"It's not a bell housing fire, that's the flame exhaust system." :crying: "Honk if you see flames or smoke".

"Jeep IS sting gray" (when covered with mud)

"If you can read this, add mud"

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I don’t believe you but I’m glad it is lol
Well drive your butt up to Michigan and go for a ride. Every person that rides in my Jeep says, I can't believe how well my Jeep rides. The Rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks turned down to the softest setting rides like a nice passenger car.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Well drive your butt up to Michigan and go for a ride. Every person that rides in my Jeep says, I can't believe how well my Jeep rides. The Rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks turned down to the softest setting rides like a nice passenger car.
Ya I’ve had those. They’re nice. Still not better than stock.

Did I just win the unpopular opinion award? Lol

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Went through all 60 pages and didn't find any of the following...

-when people end or start with 'Just my 2 cents' -_-. I think we know when someone is giving an opinion or a fact
Let's build on that one.

-When someone prefaces his post with "Not to...", followed by exactly what he intends to do: hijack the thread, gainsay another member's post without evidence of his own, etc.

Using "Not to..." as an attempt to mislead or redirect fools no one. Say what you have to say and roll with whatever follows.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
When I see a filthy Jeep my first thought is: Well, somebody had fun... followed immediately by... now wash that thing, it's filthy. It's a badge of honor while you're off-road. Back in town it no longer means what you think it means.

Last edited:

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Let's build on that one.

-When someone prefaces his post with "Not to...", followed by exactly what he intends to do: hijack the thread, gainsay another member's post without evidence of his own, etc.

Using "Not to..." as an attempt to mislead or redirect fools no one. Say what you have to say and roll with whatever follows.
Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 1660191262478

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
There is no singular "best" thing for pretty much everything Jeep related. By that I mean that the best for one person isn't the best for others.

Mud tires are good for mud but don't necessarily work best for other terrain. Sometimes an all terrain is better depending on what you're doing off road.

There is no one single best gear ratio for a given tire size, engine, and transmission combo. It depends on how you use your Jeep and where you drive it.

The discussion can continue to which engine, transmission, lights, winches, lockers or limited slip, which model is "best" (Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, etc.), even what kind of off roading you do. It all depends on how you want to use your Jeep.

Except for grills. Stock grill is the best and all the aftermarket grills are terrible. 😁

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I do suppose a different result makes sense depending on where you're wheeling - out here in the SE MTs are almost necessary due to the fact that our rocks have about 0 grip (not to mention our wet clay). The sandstone you guys get in the SW is so much grippier that it really changes the equation. If you do take a trip outside of the SW, I still would recommend MTs. KO2s, specifically, have pretty distinct limitations in the goopy stuff and on traction-deficient rocks. Good road manners though.
Not just the sandstone/slickrock. Pretty much everything in the desert. Talc dust, gravel, sand, sharp rocks... even mud, because our mud is peanut butter cement glue from hell. It's not that nice SE mud. Let it dry on the Jeep and you'll have 6" clumps of hardened cement you have to jackhammer off, if it didn't successfully trap your Jeep like fly paper.

In the desert ATs are better than MTs 98% of the time.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Not just the sandstone/slickrock. Pretty much everything in the desert. Talc dust, gravel, sand, sharp rocks... even mud, because our mud is peanut butter cement glue from hell. It's not that nice SE mud. Let it dry on the Jeep and you'll have 6" clumps of hardened cement you have to jackhammer off
I drove through maybe three big puddles in the desert in May. It was 6" but not just cement, it was concrete. Chunks of stone in there, and I still have a few bits stuck in the rear fenders. I had to wash it three or four times, soak, walk around to the other side, pressure some off, soak, walk to the other side, etc.

Opinion: Mud (like the 1ft+ stuff that you see in videos) is for "boggers" and vehicles past their useful lives, where it doesn't matter if half the exhaust gets left in the swamp because it wasn't your ride home anyway and the last time it passed an emissions check was in 1973. Jeeps may not be mall crawlers, but real Jeeps can make it back to the mall.