Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yeah, I posted a meme about Nancy Pelosi, so I'm banned from posting. Moderator is probably too busy to answer whether it's a permanent ban, or temporary....
Uh oh, yeah, the NO POLITICS in all caps in the title tends to be enforced there.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
[
Yeah. Political threads end soon and never well.

Besides, we don’t come here to read about politics.
It's one of the things I like about this place.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I caught up with all 60 pages! Now there are only 59, so I'll have to reply with a few thoughts.

2) automatic owners love to hate on the manual because they’re jealous. They wanted a manual.
Honestly I've only seen manual owners mention it in the manual transmission threads, but it seems like automatic drivers love to get the tallest ladder they can find to shout "I don't have a manual!". Unpopular opinion: People should talk about what they like instead of what they hate. (Specific comparison threads excepted.)

My unpopular opinion: "aggressive", "badass", etc are...weird...applied to equipment. "Aggressive" tires? "Badass" lights?
English is an analytical language, sigh. Everyone is too lazy to say, "That tread pattern permits better traction over a wider variety of terrain from loose gravel to see you already stopped reading".

Now then, I think I'm going to put 2" of pink fuzzy shag on my fenders (insert Blues Brothers reference). How would you describe those fenders? :party:

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I caught up with all 60 pages! Now there are only 59, so I'll have to reply with a few thoughts.

Honestly I've only seen manual owners mention it in the manual transmission threads, but it seems like automatic drivers love to get the tallest ladder they can find to shout "I don't have a manual!". Unpopular opinion: People should talk about what they like instead of what they hate. (Specific comparison threads excepted.)

English is an analytical language, sigh. Everyone is too lazy to say, "That tread pattern permits better traction over a wider variety of terrain from loose gravel to see you already stopped reading".

Now then, I think I'm going to put 2" of pink fuzzy shag on my fenders (insert Blues Brothers reference). How would you describe those fenders? :party:
Ummm...fuzzy?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Still better than Angry Eyes

Last edited:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Comments about High Altitudes being mall 4x4's. I like leather!
Well, that is assuming High Altitude owners even know how to engage 4WD... 😫

ELJL

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Lycra. Yes, the lycra.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I think we should close this thread at some point and have someone figure out who's unpopular opinion was the most popular.
Being popular is becoming unpopular.
Sponsored