Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Quite literally yes... those mud stains on the bumper and edge of the fenders are permanent! lol

1657565200956.png
My JK had half doors. The picture below was taken in 2012 and I still had mud stains and random crumbly bits of mud dust stuck in cracks and crevices in the interior when I sold it in January of this year.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 459369_376334455757390_1080842793_o

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
How about this:

NONE of the engine choices are great.

2.0 - Poor sound - "should" use premium gas - power - ESS - issues
3.6 - not great at anything - no longer "tried and true" with what they've done to it
3.0 - I love diesels but it's a Fiat engine - expensive - issues - future issues - can't get parts
4XE - too much tech for a company that can't even seat fuses correctly - LOTS of issues
392 - Super expensive - speed limited - way overkill - engine doesn't really fit in engine compartment - wait until you have to change a basic $100 part and find out they have to remove the engine to get to ANYTHING - premium fuel why?

Oh and another thing ... the color of the day nonsense! Yeah it can be fun but these aren't $20 toys you put on a shelf. In other words it's not like it's easy or cheap to buy one everytime a cool color comes out. You come out with a good color, KEEP MAKING IT!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The people who preach that “Nobody who knows how to wheel really needs a Rubicon/Rubicon features are a waste of money” are the same people who have purchased any Rubicon feature I’ve removed when I upgraded. Thanks for using that money you “saved” purchasing a bare bones Sport to finance my useless Rubicon upgrades. :giggle:

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
90%+ of Jeep drivers can’t even fully use the capability of their Jeeps stock, and don’t need mods. Most mods are done for vanity and fashion, not necessity.
I agree... I love the fact that I can drive over curbs and medians, but I have zero interest in the offroad capability.

I've wanted a convertible for years, but with dogs and projects, I've have *some* use for an SUV. Plus, I live in the north... tires are more important than AWD/4WD... but it's still nice to have it...

Basically, I get a convertible, a practical vehicle, and a winter vehicle all in one. And it's kind of hippyish.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
You cant truly, fully, live the Jeep life if you own a 4 door. Climbing into the back to get my toddler into a seat that barely fits in there is part of owning a Jeep. And so is taking the family on a camping trip with negligible trunk space. A real pita.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 459369_376334455757390_1080842793_o
I mean, if ya wanna suffer... lol

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
I’m sure it has nothing to do with being 2-3k lbs lighter, which an IFS full sized rig wouldn’t be. The bronco is heavier.
Thank you Sir, for the education..LOL
I was hoping to receive at least one response, so you made my day..:)

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
The vast majority of owners are getting into credit debt and being left with little spending money because they are buying +10k of mods on their already 60~70k rubicons.

Next recession is gonna be because people are gonna be left without spending money due to this "buy now pay later" madness.
This! Having a pretty good idea of how much mods cost, I'll drive by other jeeps and mentally add up how much they spent. Then wonder if they hit the lotto or megabucks. If I buy stuff, I wait till sales are happening. Also, stinger bumpers, no purpose unless you're a rock bouncer with a legitimate risk of tipping over.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I mean, if ya wanna suffer... lol
Real Jeeps have always been a pita. 😂

Not gonna lie though. Ive been toying with the idea of getting a 4 door wrangler.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I was prepared to take ownership of the opinion that angry bird grilles are irredeemably garish, but there's a lot of Jeep drivers in line ahead of me saying the same thing. ;)

Edit: Leather seating? In a Wrangler? Shoulda bought a Lexus, softy.
Ah. That's better. :)

Last edited: