Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Funny dealers around here mostly shun warranty work as low profit margin and only act like they’ll do it under duress since they are under contract with big brother ‘Stallingus’
Ya, that's the mothership telling them to do that. That saves money as well (although, here in Canada, I think we our dealer network is a bit better after reading some of the horror stories people go through in the US) but warranty work they can't deny is huge. Book calls for it to be an 8 hour job? No problem. The "tech" can get it done in 6 and the dealer still gets paid for 8.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
$200+ per hour customer cost here on the west coast for non-warranty work. They’re not getting that much for the warranty stuff but maybe they can get a similar take for warranty work if they figure it like that.
You sure that Stelantis isn't paying shop rates for warranty work?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Funny dealers around here mostly shun warranty work as low profit margin and only act like they’ll do it under duress since they are under contract with big brother ‘Stallingus’
Always seems that they're doing you a huge favor, at least that's been my experience w/ most of my dealer warranty visits :(

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Remember the Jeep that was designed for narrow trails? That’s what I’ve got. Love the MT 255/85R17 now installed onto my stock wheels. Don’t need no stinking spacers since I have a Metalcloak tie rod and control arms, dude. Excellent both on and off road. They remind me of a mud tire except they’re quieter. I especially like the ‘Extreme Sidebiters’ in the dirt. Don’t get me wrong; I’ve still got my fatty BFG 315/70R17 on Mopar sim bead-locks which are slightly quieter but the BFG’s can hydroplane and break loose on wet pavement; good otherwise though. Both tires are the same diameter of 34.5 or so though, so I can interchange them as required. Work great with the 4.10’s. Oh yeah, I saw 3 Bronco road cars on my drive today; obvious they are not intended for narrow trails, am I right?

6255A608-712E-4DE9-AE8C-31C07A943421.jpeg

DF6ABF5F-E592-4F2B-9541-B0AE9DAE1597.jpeg

E95A6033-2E33-4CCC-ADC3-DD6B607EADAB.jpeg

B46D83E0-341E-4E67-A689-0C68375A4F48.jpeg

82D449E2-8E21-4DF7-91AB-5227ACF39F2F.jpeg

D4EDE5D8-C32B-4573-B41C-86F1FEF7C1DF.jpeg
Very nice setup, should work really well out there!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You sure that Stelantis isn't paying shop rates for warranty work?
Stellantis, like most automakers, pays a reduced rate for warranty work. Dealers can maximize their profits by taking in more customer-paid jobs.

The complexity of modern automobiles compounds the problem. It takes many more labor hours to diagnose and repair a modern vehicle, adding strain on service departments’ fixed capacity.

Because dealers get paid less for a warranty job, they rather give priority to jobs customers pay for out of their pockets.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, Cocoa Bomb, you are very charitable, thanks much, as you are certain the 2 door would go away without the 4 door in play. But remember that with no 4 doors you would have to buy a 2 door if you really wanted a Jeep, so sales of 2 doors would then increase in that scenario. I guess you’re saying that you feel that 4 doors are your main reason for buying a Jeep and you would never own a 2 door Jeep. Owning a longer Jeep or some cargo van, is therefore your primary requirement. So you’ll take the off road features, but only if you can carry everything with you. I get it; you like the big Jeepsters. You’ll of course take our advice and learn from our mistakes, though, as we learn from yours.

“We are the priests, of the temples, of Syrinx.
And the meek shall inherit the earth” Written by Neil Peart (and the Bible) of Rush regarding 2 door and adventure bike owners. As you know, Neil was an avid adventure bike rider and 2 door enthusiast.

1D1AE6F1-A5AA-422C-93F0-AA49AA5E65C4.jpeg
RIP, The professor on the drum kit!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 1659899281132

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
Gobi, as a color, is very overrated. I don’t even look twice when I see one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Getting the F out then lol. Not everyone wants to wave at every third car on the road that happens to be a Jeep. Way too many on the road to wave at them all. Some people treat the wave thing like it's their job lol.
Here in West Texas we wave at everybody, don't need a reason.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Here in West Texas we wave at everybody, don't need a reason.
Lol you must love parades. Nothing wrong with spreading the cheer if you want, I myself just can‘t be driving around waving at everyone. Besides, with my luck I’d prob get shot.

Sponsored

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Lol you must love parades. Nothing wrong with spreading the cheer if you want, I myself just can‘t be driving around waving at everyone. Besides, with my luck I’d prob get shot.
No shooting out here, we don't see that many people a day. What ever you do don't strike up a conversation with one of us, we're know to be long winded. Hell out here everybody carries a gun, I carry three in my truck daily. We don't shoot anybody unless they need shooting.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
SOT looks terrible in its “topless” configuration. (Top open and window panels removed)
Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? F15CF27C-0F4E-4E6A-A064-96ED66B71A3E

idk I think it’s pretty slick, looks good IMO and an actually practical option

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
No shooting out here, we don't see that many people a day. What ever you do don't strike up a conversation with one of us, we're know to be long winded. Hell out here everybody carries a gun, I carry three in my truck daily. We don't shoot anybody unless they need shooting.
Ah Yes— Freedom! I remember that. We even still had it here when I spent 6 months in Texas 52 years ago. :flag:

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Beautiful country in West Texas, and such friendly people. I went to Lubbock a lot since Litton had an assembly plant there. I was many times going from where I worked as an elec. tech @ Litton in East Nawlins (after I got out of the Navy being an anti-submarine tech @ Naval Air Station Belle Chasse, LA) traveling to Lubbock, TX and then to corporate in Agoura Hills, CA. (near Downey and LA) and back. If you feel like it, take a listen to this song by Dave Allen and Jimmie Dale Gilmore ‘Downey to Lubbock’ (official video). Really catchy tune where you can’t sit still by the second verse. Doesn’t the bass guitar player look like Kris Kristofferson, and Jimmie Dale Gilmore sounds like Willie Nelson quite a bit?
The waving started for me riding on the Harley Street Glide waving to all motorcycles, even mopeds (but the wave is loose and low, under the bars; a very cool wave, indeed). Transition to the Jeep was easy where the wave is mellow as a little thumbs up or a V for victory on top of the wheel to any vehicle owning the characteristic grill package. In fact, if I saw you carrying a Jeep grille, I would wave to you, too. 👋
Some days you may on see two people in a 150 mile run. Hell I wave at the UPS driver. Now when their drilling one of these in an area you travel daily get ready to cuss the traffic jams.

DSCN3045.JPG

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Beautiful country in West Texas, and such friendly people. I went to Lubbock a lot since Litton had an assembly plant there. I was many times going from where I worked as an elec. tech @ Litton in East Nawlins (after I got out of the Navy being an anti-submarine tech @ Naval Air Station Belle Chasse, LA) traveling to Lubbock, TX and then to corporate in Agoura Hills, CA. (near Downey and LA) and back. If you feel like it, take a listen to this song by Dave Allen and Jimmie Dale Gilmore ‘Downey to Lubbock’ (official video). Really catchy tune where you can’t sit still by the second verse. Doesn’t the bass guitar player look like Kris Kristofferson, and Jimmie Dale Gilmore sounds like Willie Nelson quite a bit?
The waving started for me riding on the Harley Street Glide waving to all motorcycles, even mopeds (but the wave is loose and low, under the bars; a very cool wave, indeed). Transition to the Jeep was easy where the wave is mellow as a little thumbs up or a V for victory on top of the wheel to any vehicle owning the characteristic grill package. In fact, if I saw you carrying a Jeep grille, I would wave to you, too. 👋
Some of my neighbors.

DSCN1968.JPG

DSCN2408.JPG

DSCN2441.JPG

Aoudad Ike 1.jpg

Rattler close.jpg
Sponsored