Sponsored

What is a set of take off Rubicon Wheels and Tires selling for?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
I will have a set of 5 take off wheels with 7k miles from my Rubicon and am wondering what they seem to sell for.

I looked at Craigslist but cant figure out what sort of prices actually happen with local Craigslist sales. The asking prices seemed high but what do I know?.

I looked on eBay and am surprised at how high the "sold" prices seem to be. I don't want to deal with shipping, so I was just looking to see the numbers, and was left with the thought that the prices seemed too high to make sense.

I anticipate selling mine locally at a bargain basement price due to the combination of low demand and ample supply in our rural locale, and I am wondering what the real life prices seems to be in places where there is some demand and adequate interest from potential buyers for OEM take offs. I am wondering just how close to crazy-talk my estimation of bargain basement pricing is.

Thank you!
Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
the "upgraded" ones tend to run $100-$250 more but i've seen either set run from $900 to $2000 new. Seems like most sell in the $900 to $1250 range.
My friend got a set off facebook marketplace for $900 (With TPMS)
I got a set off this forum for $1000 without tpms
Both sets were new, with the upgraded version of the wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for your comments.

Are you saying you got some as low as $100 for all 5 wheels and tires with TPMS removed?

That's a great deal!

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I have been looking for a set for a couple of months so far. The best I can find have been around $1800 to $2000 for a new take off set of five. Here in the far eastern US the quantities are low so the prices are higher. At this season, vehicles sales are seasonally low here in the NorthEast. Hopefully when summer gets here there will be more sets offered for sale with lower prices. But who knows?

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Wow, that seems like a sellers market.

$1800 seems really close to a great deal on many choices of aftermarket combos.

I have been thinking that $400 - 500 was on the high side for 'round here, but didn't want to end up feeling like I was foolish.

Last edited:

Sponsored

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
I have been looking for a set here in Phoenix and I have seen some pop up for 800 and they seem to sell. The ones that people want 1200 and up for have been listed for a while. But they "know what they got"

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have 5 sitting in my garage and shipping cant be that much - I wanted $1000 for all 5 - they dont have the tpms still but are the ones in the pictures of my rig. Pay the extra for shipping...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have 5 sitting in my garage and shipping cant be that much - I wanted $1000 for all 5 - they dont have the tpms still but are the ones in the pictures of my rig. Pay the extra for shipping...
You'd be surprised, shipping didn't used to be too high but has gotten pretty crazy the last 18 months IMO. Probably about $200 to ship all 5, might save a bit shipping to a business, or maybe look into bus freight. Depends how far you have to ship them, might get lucky w/ someone only a state away but ???

Xfontanax

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I listed mine for $750 for all five and took the first $600. It sold in less than an hour on OfferUp. It had about 8500 miles. I realized I could have gotten a little more but wanted them gone ASAP. My point is that the price range varies depending on seller motivation. In SoCal they range from $800-1200.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My Recon wheels with Falken 285 MTs and 5,200 miles are for sale for $1,200. :fingerscrossed:

Good luck!

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Id look here at JLWF marketplace for reference

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
While thinking about this OP and the fact that I have been looking to buy a Rubicon take-off set of wheels since late summer, here is what I have discovered. Shipping charges for 5 Rubicon 17 inch wheels with 285 70 17 tires from West Coast to East Coast. Seems to run upwards of $1000.00. We are looking at either 5 separate packages each weighing around 80 pounds. each I priced out wheels on a pallet from Oregon to Maine and it came out to $3100.??? Now FEDEX advertises that they will ship tires for around $50. However that still comes to at least $250 to ship all 5. So now when I see ads from some people claiming that they will ship all 5 for $100 I immediately think scam. Hopefully I am FOS about this because I dearly want to replace the wheels on my Sport sooner rather than later.

I just had this pop up on the Web when I plugged in Wheel shipping:

"ShipNex uses FedEx for Express Shipments & UPS for any Ground Shipments. When I compared prices to ship a set of wheels & tires (18 x 8.5 w/ 235/35/18 tyres ~210lbs) I was quoted $416 via UPS, $376 via USPS, $308 via FedEx, and $206 via ShipNex to ship from the West Coast to the East Coast. " That's an approximately 22 pound tire. Add a rim and you are still quite away from a 286 70 17 Rubican tire @ 50 pounds each.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for looking into this and relaying the details.

FWIW, I ship stuff to and from on a regular basis, and without bothering to check into the details, I knew that I, speaking only for myself, didn't want to ship wheels. It doesn't seem worth the bother and I would have to price them so that the cost of shipping was factored into the overall price... it just isn't worth it to me to try to ship something so bulky and heavy.

I would rather just price them for my local market and get them into someone else's hands with a quick and simple win-win deal.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Id look here at JLWF marketplace for reference
That subsection seems to have a lot of asking price postings with no replies or a series of bumps. There seem to be few indicators of what the tires and wheels actually sell for, so the answers posted here have been very helpful.

Thank you!

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That subsection seems to have a lot of asking price postings with no replies or a series of bumps. There seem to be few indicators of what the tires and wheels actually sell for, so the answers posted here have been very helpful.

Thank you!
I paid $1200 for new Rubi takeoffs with TPMS.
Sponsored