Sponsored

What is a good mileage target for first oil change?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I follow the rigid schedule below for all my new cars; so far all 15 of them have lasted me 600,000 miles:
First oil change: exactly 529 miles. No more, no less. Change oil filter too.
second oil change: 988 miles. BUT LEAVE THE FILTER IN.
Third oil change: 3230 miles (unless 3230 miles is reached in November; if so, postpone until 3320 miles). Replace filter for this and every subsequent oil change.
fourth and all subsequent oil changes: every 4500 miles on the dot (or every 240 days, whichever comes first).

Sound like bullshit? It should, because it is :CWL:

You’ll get as many different answers on this thread as you do distinct users who post..... just change it according to whatever schedule you want as long as it is as often or more often than the manual recommends and you’ll be fine
You’re such a liar. We both know that the first oil change is at 529.5 miles and it’s perfectly ok to change your oil in November - December is the problem, not October.

its really hard to do all this fancy stuff though so, I just follow that mystical little book called the “owners manual”
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I follow the rigid schedule below for all my new cars; so far all 15 of them have lasted me 600,000 miles:
Third oil change: 3230 miles (unless 3230 miles is reached in November; if so, postpone until 3320 miles). Replace filter for this and every subsequent oil change.
fourth and all subsequent oil changes: every 4500 miles on the dot (or every 240 days, whichever comes first).

You’ll get as many different answers on this thread as you do distinct users who post..... just change it according to whatever schedule you want as long as it is as often or more often than the manual recommends and you’ll be fine
The main thing is do the oil change yourself, don't let the dealer mess w/ your pristine ride, it deserves better!

OP
OP
JokerCA

JokerCA

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys

Lmfao! I was legit reading this reply like ‘wtf is this guy on’ 😂.

I’ve always been consistent with 5k changes on all mine/my wife’s cars, but wasn’t sure if Wranglers, at least initially NEEDED anything sooner.
Sponsored