Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I was searching Autotrader and found a Punk'n Orange metallic JLUR with Manual Trans, and Hard top. Similar to the one i built on Jeep.com except it's missing the LED headlights, trailer/tow, and Dual tops group. It caught my eye because it's priced at $41890, which, by my calculations and those provided by KBB, seems like a good deal. Thing is: 1). I'd like a soft top too and 2). I live in Upstate NY, this is located 4 hours away. I've been going back and forth with the dealer via email. I don't mind driving for a deal, but I also don't want to drive out there for nothing, or get into something shady because I set up a deal on a Jeep sight unseen.

IS this a good deal? Could it be a better deal? Trying to get an "out the door" quote currently.

If this Jeep should sell before we can come to an agreement, I was thinking about seeing if this dealer could get me similar pricing on one with the other options I wanted, or, using the lack of options to bargain the price down a little more. How much do you think I could get it down? Thoughts?
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if there are any other options included that you didn't mention, but I'm guessing that's roughly 2000 off MSRP?

There are several dealers that are doing 5 to 6% off invoice. You can find a better deal.

My price before tax titles and fees, was about 3k more than yours but I also got auto, dual tops, LED group, cold weather group, and trailer/tow package.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
You will need to do a little more research on this forum to find out. I do not know about New York.
In general 4% below invoice is a Good deal. A Great deal is 6% below invoice. If you can wait get a treat lightly membership and buy after thirty days.
I am two states away from my dealer and that would be five states away or more from you.
Finding the right dealer for you is the bottom line.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thanks guys. I just noticed: MSRP =/= invoice and that's where i was making my mistake with price calculations (That's what I get for doing calculations after a 12 hour night shift). Where would I find the invoice price?"

It has the 23r Quick order group:
Manual Trans
Hard top
Standard Wheels
Cloth interior
Alpine Stereo
Floormats
Infotainment system

I built another one following the exact same options from Jeep.com.
Updated numbers to follow:
Jeep.com MSRP: $45,160.00
-5% off: $2,258.00
Final price: $42,902.00

I realize it's still using MSRP from Jeep.com, but this gives me a little better picture. Still an alright deal (maybe?), but they could probably do better.

Here's the Truecar link: https://www.truecar.com/prices-new/...003&incentiveIds=&trimId=315596&zipcode=12020

Additionally, this dealer seems nice but a bit pushy. Still better than most of the dealers I've dealt with in my area- Most of them seem like the "You're paying 5% above invoice because we say so lol" which is why I've driven out of state to buy my last vehicle.

Side note:
Are dealers still willing to throw in extra stuff to make a sale? I know when I bought my first Jeep, it had half doors with no top and before we signed the papers we told them Full doors or no sale. They got me full doors within 24 hours. Now, granted that was used, but they still made it happen.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OK, quick google search for invoice:
Found a guide on this site:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/complete-invoice-msrp-pricing-jl-packages-options-groups/

Also: NADA Guides:
https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2018/Jeep/Wrangler-Unlimited/Rubicon-4x4/Pricing

So according to NADA:
Invoice: $41,782
-5%: $2089.10
Final target price: $39,692.90

Looking closer at this: It looks like the only option it has is the 8.4" upgraded infotainment package. This option does not matter to me, I would rather have the LED headlights (because i know how bad OEM Jeep lights can be), trail rail system, Dual top, and trailer tow (For the upgraded alternator). While this isn't a dealbreaker IF the price is right, I should be able to use this info to at least see if they'll knock down the price a little. Failing that, I'll keep looking.

Checked the Recommended dealer thread and it seems like the closest one to me is in Mansfield MA or Koons in VA. Anyone have a good experience with a dealer cutting you a screaming deal in or around the Albany NY area?

Thanks all. Sometimes I just need to talk through these things haha

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Best I was able to do was $47,000 (and no BS fees) on a $50,500 JLUR. This is in South Carolina on a factory-ordered Jeep (my specs).

JP18
Sponsored