Sponsored

What is a fair price for windshield replacement?

Willysfan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Machinist
Clubs

So I got hit by a falling rock last night. My windshield is toast. I got a quote from Safelite for $460 + tax + recycling. Seems a little high since I don’t have adaptive cruise control. Unfortunately, that is half my deductible so no insurance coverage. What are you guys seeing for price on replacement?

IMG_1784.jpeg

IMG_1785.jpeg
Sponsored

OUsoONErs

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
Clubs

Here in Oklahoma i had a OEM glass replaced for about $450, which had the Jeep on the glass.... if i had wanted to go aftermarket glass it would have been about $250. But at the time my Jeep only had 10,000 miles on it and i wanted to keep it original.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Have you checked with your insurance company as to whether windshield replaces even REQUIRE a deductible?

I have State Farm in Texas and my coverage includes zero-deductible windshield replacements. I've done two thus far (~1 every 12 months) and it hasn't impacted my premiums at all.

Deleted member 59498

400 to 500 generally.

I have low deductible myself for the bad cracks.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I’ve had to have mine replaced twice ? in about five months. Local place will do it for under $200 with aftermarket glass.

Gregj

Sponsored

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe
Dang, glad you’re ok.

That price seems inline with OEM replacement glass, it was just over $100 less for aftermarket here.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I have a crack in mine here in Georgia and about $450 is what I was quoted as well for aftermarket. It was a bit higher for OEM.

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
Depends on the vehicle. Our old Patriot was $253 for a window, our Audi was $600. My deductible with State Farm is $250 so we filed a claim for the Audi but not the Patriot

OP
OP
Willysfan

Willysfan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Clubs

Yes, I checked with my insurance and it’s not covered.

OP
OP
Willysfan

Willysfan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Clubs

Found a local glass shop that will do an aftermarket glass for $293. Much more reasonable. Thanks for your input.

Sponsored

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Found a local glass shop that will do an aftermarket glass for $293. Much more reasonable. Thanks for your input.
Out of curiosity, did you get your safelite quote online? My JL is covered by insurance, but I did an online quote on my TJ with safelite and it was 300. I went into the safelite local shop and they quoted me 220. You might save getting an in person quote.

Safelite is usually more expensive but they have always done a great install. My tj has a rubber moulding that most shops never get to lay nice and flat. I used to pay 160 for the windshield and install but most shops switched to insurance only jobs where they can charge a lot more.

On the jk and jl, assuming no adaptive cc on the jl, the installers tell me it only takes them 30 minutes, super easy. Last time I paid cash for a jk in 2019 it was 300 at safelite.

Anyway, glad you found a deal.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Last time Safelite replaced my windshield I wound up with a free used screwdriver, left in the cup holder. But I would probably pick a local place next time.

rk911

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 2D, '10 Liberty, '46 Willys
Occupation
Retired and loving it!
windshields are usually covered by the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance. have you asked your agent about this?

running_man

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
When I had mine replaced summer of 22, Allstate told me I could choose the installer but they recommended Safelite. When I did the online quote with Safelite it was $50 for 'generic' and $170 for OEM. I have the FCW system so I chose the OEM. I'm sure prices have adjusted higher over the last year or so though....
Sponsored