Sponsored

What in the world is going on in Toledo?

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Yes, I ordered September 21,2020… apparently it’s missing a part and won’t be built until then. First it was the manual transmission, covid delays and now my assumption is cold weather group part? I’m lost for words at this point, I have my ‘11 Jeep for trade but needs work so I have been riding my bike for a month to save her… good luck, maybe you’ll get yours before me ( like so many have already :( )
I was just informed today that mine is built but lacking one part (was not told which part) for shipping. I too ordered a manual with cold weather package - interesting! I'll keep you posted as to when I see mine.
Good Luck
Sponsored

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I'm in the same boat, I just called Jeep chat and got the usual "parts are delivered, will begin soon" that I've got the past 2 months.

Ordered mine on 3/27, and nothing beyond VIN number (basic willys sport).
Hey! I was just told my jeep is ready for shipping, just waiting on one part (not told which part) and once it arrives mine should ship. I have no idea what kind of time frame that involves, but at least it does sound like mine is "built"...

squapat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 and 2018 Audi Q5
Y'all, I ordered my Jeep JLU on March 26 2021. As of today (June 8, 2021), I still have no idea where my jeep is in the world of production. Last week, even the dealer told me "we have no idea what's going on - yours is one of 5 we are waiting on and can't get answers". It seems my jeep is in D1 status for two months now. I did find the build sheet on the tool here in the JLforum, but it's not been updated since 5-18. Jeep Chat has given me contradictory information ranging from final inspection to build to gathering parts for build - and not in sequential order so their answers make no sense. I was then told Jeep assigned me to "Jeff" to monitor my build and keep me informed (as well as prioritizing my build - but I felt like that was bs from the get go). Turns out, I've heard nothing from this "jeff", I don't have contact information for him and no one seems to be able to connect me to him. Y'all - I hope Jeep builds a better product than the customer service they provide - it's complete chaos and absolutely stinky terrible. I kinda regret my decision to buy a Jeep - and I don't even have it yet. If it ever arrives I know I'll love it, but I don't know that I'll ever see it at this point. By the time I do have it, the 2022's will be out! Is this normal? Anybody else in this predicament? Any advice? Yikes!
Maybe Jeep thinks you are in Canada?

Sponsored

JeepOG.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I was just informed today that mine is built but lacking one part (was not told which part) for shipping. I too ordered a manual with cold weather package - interesting! I'll keep you posted as to when I see mine.
Good Luck
Do you have a build sheet? All I have is vin, window sticker and and an estimated ship date of May 10 which is clearly inaccurate.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Do you have a build sheet? All I have is vin, window sticker and and an estimated ship date of May 10 which is clearly inaccurate.
I have a build sheet. However, I do not have a window sticker. I have a VIN. My dealer and Jeep tell me I can't have a build sheet until it ships. So, it seems once again they have given me inaccurate information... AUGH!!

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
That's great! I'm envious. Still waiting here...
I ordered mine on 21 May, received VIN in 2 days and then it sat in "D" status (parts received awaiting build) for over 2 weeks. I got a bit worried, but then last Wednesday it jumped into build and on Friday approved for shipping. Told today it's in shipping to the dealer, but no ETA. Took exactly 3 weeks from day ordered to build. Let's see how fast it ships to Florida.

Hang in there...it will all come together.

Kims_jeep

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited rubicon
I wish I was only waiting 9 or 12 weeks.
Up here in Canada the wait is anywhere from 5 months to 8 months.
I ordered mine Feb 12th.
So it has only been 4 months.
Another month to 4 months to go.
I may get a 2022 if I am lucky.
Us Canadians are suffering a lot more than you guys.
My Jeep was ordered in October 2020… I am in New Brunswick. Jeep is still in D status….

BlackFly

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I don't disagree with you. Most of my frustration is in the inconsistent and contradictory responses from JEEP. Simply being able to tell me where I am in the process isn't an unreasonable request.
I'm on 14 weeks myself since ordering my JLUR 02/24. I finally saw a window sticker on Crypto on May 7 but my dealer has no other information past that. Patience, young padwan!

Sponsored

jimbobbeg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I found it for you

16CAA4EC-8ED4-4811-93B7-1335E58D3011.jpeg

Just kidding. The waiting is the hardest part.
Yikes, I remember that photo. It happened almost exactly two years ago when my ordered JLUR was in transit. If I recall correctly, the derailment was outside of Las Vegas, NV somewhere. Fortunately, Jack took another train.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Y'all, I ordered my Jeep JLU on March 26 2021. As of today (June 8, 2021), I still have no idea where my jeep is in the world of production. Last week, even the dealer told me "we have no idea what's going on - yours is one of 5 we are waiting on and can't get answers". It seems my jeep is in D1 status for two months now. I did find the build sheet on the tool here in the JLforum, but it's not been updated since 5-18. Jeep Chat has given me contradictory information ranging from final inspection to build to gathering parts for build - and not in sequential order so their answers make no sense. I was then told Jeep assigned me to "Jeff" to monitor my build and keep me informed (as well as prioritizing my build - but I felt like that was bs from the get go). Turns out, I've heard nothing from this "jeff", I don't have contact information for him and no one seems to be able to connect me to him. Y'all - I hope Jeep builds a better product than the customer service they provide - it's complete chaos and absolutely stinky terrible. I kinda regret my decision to buy a Jeep - and I don't even have it yet. If it ever arrives I know I'll love it, but I don't know that I'll ever see it at this point. By the time I do have it, the 2022's will be out! Is this normal? Anybody else in this predicament? Any advice? Yikes!

UPDATE: Y'all, I just got an email from the elusive "Jeff" at JEEP. He emailed to tell me that my JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE should arrive by early July. I ORDERED A WRANGLER JLU, not a grand cherokee. What the actual hell is going on at JEEP? My dealer was floored and they're on it, but I honestly am beginning to wonder what will actually come!

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
In such a short time I have learned a lot about the car market in general. My assumption was there was no workers to build new cars, then I learned it was a computer chip shortage along with suppliers who have few workers, and supply issues of their own. Everything I have learned lead me to believe if you order a vehicle, you get put to the front of the line on the list of current vehicles being built. This also can be slowed down based on options chosen, and availability of parts. I think if your build is simple, you will see it sooner. I noticed on my order for my Willys it list BF Goodrich tires instead of Firestone as the tire. So that tells me Firestone/Bridgestone are having supplier issues. My Jeep was ordered June 12th, and has a ship date of June 26th. This is a bit premature, and I am really not expecting it til the end of July at minimum, but we shall see.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
In such a short time I have learned a lot about the car market in general. My assumption was there was no workers to build new cars, then I learned it was a computer chip shortage along with suppliers who have few workers, and supply issues of their own. Everything I have learned lead me to believe if you order a vehicle, you get put to the front of the line on the list of current vehicles being built. This also can be slowed down based on options chosen, and availability of parts. I think if your build is simple, you will see it sooner. I noticed on my order for my Willys it list BF Goodrich tires instead of Firestone as the tire. So that tells me Firestone/Bridgestone are having supplier issues. My Jeep was ordered June 12th, and has a ship date of June 26th. This is a bit premature, and I am really not expecting it til the end of July at minimum, but we shall see.
I was just notified this morning that my jeep has shipped! Hooray! I hope you see yours soon!
Sponsored