Sponsored

What in the world is going on in Toledo?

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all, I ordered my Jeep JLU on March 26 2021. As of today (June 8, 2021), I still have no idea where my jeep is in the world of production. Last week, even the dealer told me "we have no idea what's going on - yours is one of 5 we are waiting on and can't get answers". It seems my jeep is in D1 status for two months now. I did find the build sheet on the tool here in the JLforum, but it's not been updated since 5-18. Jeep Chat has given me contradictory information ranging from final inspection to build to gathering parts for build - and not in sequential order so their answers make no sense. I was then told Jeep assigned me to "Jeff" to monitor my build and keep me informed (as well as prioritizing my build - but I felt like that was bs from the get go). Turns out, I've heard nothing from this "jeff", I don't have contact information for him and no one seems to be able to connect me to him. Y'all - I hope Jeep builds a better product than the customer service they provide - it's complete chaos and absolutely stinky terrible. I kinda regret my decision to buy a Jeep - and I don't even have it yet. If it ever arrives I know I'll love it, but I don't know that I'll ever see it at this point. By the time I do have it, the 2022's will be out! Is this normal? Anybody else in this predicament? Any advice? Yikes!
If one would just go to a Jeep dealer, and pick one out, seems a lot quicker.
heck, get online and have a look see, chances are you will find a Jeep that works well for you. I canā€™t stand to wait.
In fact, I did the above, and the whole experience took less than 1 hour. It was so quick my girlfriend thought I wentā€behind her backā€ cause she went grocery shopping and deal was done before she got back. Thats fast!
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
They started off telling me it was in final inspection. Then it went to build. The last they told me was gathering parts for build. So it has made no sense. I had to keep asking are they sure it's my jeep they are quoting due to the conflicting information. Each time they've said, "oh, we see what you mean" but to no avail. I thought once "Jeff" was assigned I might at least have an understanding of what was happening. Nope. Jeff has not contacted me once. Sigh...
I'd say just wait also , but with that weirdness maybe @JeepCares can help but not sure they have any insight during ordering. Jeepchat does keep a record of all the conversations they have with you - so would stick out.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Gorilla Glass is for sure the culprit. I removed it from my build the day I submitted it to the dealer. I had a feeling it being such a recently added option that it might cause problems.
It seems like every time Jeep adds an option or color to the order guide, it takes a little while for the factory to start manufacturing them.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
If one would just go to a Jeep dealer, and pick one out, seems a lot quicker.
heck, get online and have a look see, chances are you will find a Jeep that works well for you. I canā€™t stand to wait.
In fact, I did the above, and the whole experience took less than 1 hour. It was so quick my girlfriend thought I wentā€behind her backā€ cause she went grocery shopping and deal was done before she got back. Thats fast!
Prior to ordering, I actually looked for two months to find what I wanted. I found one in Philly, but I'm in NC. I tried to purchase it but it was sold the minute it hit the lot. I decided if I'm paying this much for a vehicle, I should get what I want and it appeared ordering it would be quicker than finding it. I will tell you the dealerships here have had NO jeeps on their lots for weeks. Really odd. BTW, this one did go to the lots - lots of lots actually. Just no luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I'd say just wait also , but with that weirdness maybe @JeepCares can help but not sure they have any insight during ordering. Jeepchat does keep a record of all the conversations they have with you - so would stick out.
I'm sticking it out! Surely it won't be much longer.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
As I've posted before, I ordered mine September 14th of 2020 and it showed up on January 26th of 2021. Somehow I was able to wait for it without having a cow. Just frickin' relax and it will be here just as soon as they can get it to you.
I completely understand that, given everything occurring in the world that it may take some time. My frustration is with JEEP's conflicting updates and the lack of responsiveness to my questions about said updates. I am fine with waiting, as long as I know what to expect. I don't think that's too much to ask from JEEP.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
As I've posted before, I ordered mine September 14th of 2020 and it showed up on January 26th of 2021. Somehow I was able to wait for it without having a cow. Just frickin' relax and it will be here just as soon as they can get it to you.
I understand that, given all that's occurring in the world, there are delays. My frustration is with JEEP, their conflicting and contradictory updates, and their lack of response to me in questioning said updates not really with the JEEP's delay itself.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Does anyone know if half doors are currently causing delays also? About to order a fully loaded snazzberry Unlimited Rubicon diesel in the next day or two. I might just just ditch the gorilla glass.

MuttHowls

First Name
Mutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy
I would be raising some hell. Granted, I live 170 miles South of Toledo in Ohio but here is how mine played out:
5/18-Ordered
5/20-Dealer called with the VIN (D)
5/24-Dealer called with est. delivery of 6/4 (D1)
5/27-FCA Chat: All materials present, build should begin soon (D2)
6/3-Dealer, Framing (E)
6/4-FCA Chat: Trim (G)
6/5-FCA Chat: Jeep is built and in the ship phase, eta 5/31-6/14/21 (KZ R)
6/7-Dealer, Jeep in transit, delayed (KZ DL)
6/9-Dealer called saying Jeep arrived at the dealership (KZ X)

Sponsored

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I would be raising some hell. Granted, I live 170 miles South of Toledo in Ohio but here is how mine played out:
5/18-Ordered
5/20-Dealer called with the VIN (D)
5/24-Dealer called with est. delivery of 6/4 (D1)
5/27-FCA Chat: All materials present, build should begin soon (D2)
6/3-Dealer, Framing (E)
6/4-FCA Chat: Trim (G)
6/5-FCA Chat: Jeep is built and in the ship phase, eta 5/31-6/14/21 (KZ R)
6/7-Dealer, Jeep in transit, delayed (KZ DL)
6/9-Dealer called saying Jeep arrived at the dealership (KZ X)
Wow! That's great. Clearly, mine went a different route! But it'll show up at some point!

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
Y'all, I ordered my Jeep JLU on March 26 2021. As of today (June 8, 2021), I still have no idea where my jeep is in the world of production. Last week, even the dealer told me "we have no idea what's going on - yours is one of 5 we are waiting on and can't get answers". It seems my jeep is in D1 status for two months now. I did find the build sheet on the tool here in the JLforum, but it's not been updated since 5-18. Jeep Chat has given me contradictory information ranging from final inspection to build to gathering parts for build - and not in sequential order so their answers make no sense. I was then told Jeep assigned me to "Jeff" to monitor my build and keep me informed (as well as prioritizing my build - but I felt like that was bs from the get go). Turns out, I've heard nothing from this "jeff", I don't have contact information for him and no one seems to be able to connect me to him. Y'all - I hope Jeep builds a better product than the customer service they provide - it's complete chaos and absolutely stinky terrible. I kinda regret my decision to buy a Jeep - and I don't even have it yet. If it ever arrives I know I'll love it, but I don't know that I'll ever see it at this point. By the time I do have it, the 2022's will be out! Is this normal? Anybody else in this predicament? Any advice? Yikes!
Not in your predicament -- but I'm getting somewhat concerned. I ordered a Sport JL 2DR manual 6-speed on 21 May 2021 (Friday) with 8-12 weeks for delivery, per dealer. By Thursday of the following week, Jeep Chat informed me that VIN had been assigned AND "all materials needed to start the build process had been received and vehicle should be entering the build process very soon." As of today (10 June), chat shows same status. I thought by now vehicle would be queued into production -- if in fact all materials have been received. Unfortunately, Jeep Chat does not have access to status codes which only adds to the frustration for the customer. Meanwhile, others who've ordered their Jeeps same time as mine, have build sheets already. And one customer's took delivery of his Jeep 4 weeks from the day ordered. I'm patient, but the process seems confusing.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Not in your predicament -- but I'm getting somewhat concerned. I ordered a Sport JL 2DR manual 6-speed on 21 May 2021 (Friday) with 8-12 weeks for delivery, per dealer. By Thursday of the following week, Jeep Chat informed me that VIN had been assigned AND "all materials needed to start the build process had been received and vehicle should be entering the build process very soon." As of today (10 June), chat shows same status. I thought by now vehicle would be queued into production -- if in fact all materials have been received. Unfortunately, Jeep Chat does not have access to status codes which only adds to the frustration for the customer. Meanwhile, others who've ordered their Jeeps same time as mine, have build sheets already. And one customer's took delivery of his Jeep 4 weeks from the day ordered. I'm patient, but the process seems confusing.
It'll jump eventually.

Mine sat in that status for 3-4 weeks

JeepOG.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Yes, I ordered September 21,2020ā€¦ apparently itā€™s missing a part and wonā€™t be built until then. First it was the manual transmission, covid delays and now my assumption is cold weather group part? Iā€™m lost for words at this point, I have my ā€˜11 Jeep for trade but needs work so I have been riding my bike for a month to save herā€¦ good luck, maybe youā€™ll get yours before me ( like so many have already :( )
Sponsored