Sponsored

What in the world is going on in Toledo?

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I ordered 5-4 and vehicle shipped 5-22. Picking it up this week - Sport S in Hydro/Auto/Anti-Spin/Hardtop & Headliner/Trailer Tow-HD Electrical/2.0
Sponsored

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I wish I was only waiting 9 or 12 weeks.
Up here in Canada the wait is anywhere from 5 months to 8 months.
I ordered mine Feb 12th.
So it has only been 4 months.
Another month to 4 months to go.
I may get a 2022 if I am lucky.
Us Canadians are suffering a lot more than you guys.
Wow! That's really crazy. I hope your jeep arrives post haste.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I'm in the same boat, I just called Jeep chat and got the usual "parts are delivered, will begin soon" that I've got the past 2 months.

Ordered mine on 3/27, and nothing beyond VIN number (basic willys sport).
Wow - I hate to hear someone else is in the same boat but it is nice not to be the only one! Let's stay in touch and see who's arrives first!

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Y'all, I ordered my Jeep JLU on March 26 2021. As of today (June 8, 2021), I still have no idea where my jeep is in the world of production. Last week, even the dealer told me "we have no idea what's going on - yours is one of 5 we are waiting on and can't get answers". It seems my jeep is in D1 status for two months now. I did find the build sheet on the tool here in the JLforum, but it's not been updated since 5-18. Jeep Chat has given me contradictory information ranging from final inspection to build to gathering parts for build - and not in sequential order so their answers make no sense. I was then told Jeep assigned me to "Jeff" to monitor my build and keep me informed (as well as prioritizing my build - but I felt like that was bs from the get go). Turns out, I've heard nothing from this "jeff", I don't have contact information for him and no one seems to be able to connect me to him. Y'all - I hope Jeep builds a better product than the customer service they provide - it's complete chaos and absolutely stinky terrible. I kinda regret my decision to buy a Jeep - and I don't even have it yet. If it ever arrives I know I'll love it, but I don't know that I'll ever see it at this point. By the time I do have it, the 2022's will be out! Is this normal? Anybody else in this predicament? Any advice? Yikes!

As I've posted before, I ordered mine September 14th of 2020 and it showed up on January 26th of 2021. Somehow I was able to wait for it without having a cow. Just frickin' relax and it will be here just as soon as they can get it to you.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
wow, luckily I ordered mine a couple weeks before you did 3/10...it was at the dealership ready for pick up 4/15

good luck....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
I ordered 5-4 and vehicle shipped 5-22. Picking it up this week - Sport S in Hydro/Auto/Anti-Spin/Hardtop & Headliner/Trailer Tow-HD Electrical/2.0
I take it you did not include Gorilla Glass?

arelem

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I ordered 5/19, VON 5/19, VIN 5/23, finished build, in "installation of additional equipment" step. No Gorilla Glass but did order quite a bit of tech and headliner.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Jeep is not alone In delayed orders/production, and very little stock on dealer’s lots. The Ford Bronco/Bronco Sport are in the same boat.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
They started off telling me it was in final inspection. Then it went to build. The last they told me was gathering parts for build. So it has made no sense. I had to keep asking are they sure it's my jeep they are quoting due to the conflicting information. Each time they've said, "oh, we see what you mean" but to no avail. I thought once "Jeff" was assigned I might at least have an understanding of what was happening. Nope. Jeff has not contacted me once. Sigh...
Sounds in reverse order. Maybe they built a Jeep or had one “ready”. Something went wrong and they had to start all over again and build a new one for you.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I understand wanting a particular color, but if time was a factor I would pick one on the lot. I saved a ton that way, and my Jeep was only 1 month old when I bought it. I looked on autotrader with only must haves - 2 door, manual, Rubicon. Then sorted by price and distance.
That said, the Islanders are very cool and I would love to special order, but I'm a cheapskate.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Other than hearsay from a "guy at the dealership", can anyone point to chip shortages being the issue for Wranglers? I ask as each company made decisions to short certain models/factories and AFAIK, keeping Wrangler production going was a top priority for Stellantis here in the US. For sure there are delays in lead times but not to the degree mentioned with the delays on this thread.
exactly - multiple reports out there about Stellantis and wranglers not being affected by the chip shortage … other than arriving with a single key (that,according to my dealer).

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
Lucky! I ordered mine on 17th and hasn't even been built yet. Ordered with Gorilla Glass and it sounds like that's the culprit.
Gorilla Glass is for sure the culprit. I removed it from my build the day I submitted it to the dealer. I had a feeling it being such a recently added option that it might cause problems.

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Gorilla Glass is for sure the culprit. I removed it from my build the day I submitted it to the dealer. I had a feeling it being such a recently added option that it might cause problems.
Not what we want to hear! Haha
Sponsored