Sponsored

What if you want to lift your Rubicon an inch or 2?

OP
OP

jwms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I'd just put the tire on it that you want and then, and only if you found it necessary, add a spacer lift. I don't think you're going to end up needing the spacer lift though, and I think you'll be happy with just the tires. Good luck and post pics!
Thanks. Will do. Maybe not anytime soon. These tires look like they will take a while to wear down lol
Sponsored

frogger2020

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Wrangler JL
I wanted the same thing as you for my Rubicon. I didnā€™t want the full 2.5 lift with 35ā€˜s, but still wanted a spring lift. I ended up going with the Skyjacker 1.5 springs with Falcon 3.3 shocks. I also got Teraflex fixed LCAā€˜s to bring the caster out and reduce steering wander. I couldnā€™t be happier with my setup.

Last edited:

DHartlein

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Firecracker Red Rubicon JLU, 23 White Sport JLU
Take a look at the TerraFlex ST1 boost kit. You will see a solid overall 1.5ā€ front and 2ā€ rear which provides for a nice level sitting Jeep and plenty of room for 35-37ā€ tires. Gives the Jeep a more ā€œathleticā€ stance especially going up to 35ā€ tires.

This is mine with a slightly modified 2ā€ ST1 lift (1.5ā€+.5ā€ =2ā€ of front lift). I also opted for slightly longer Falcon shocks (2ā€-3ā€ lift shocks) though this is generally not needed.

I run MickeyThompson Boss AT tires in 35ā€
0EFDC1D2-2D36-495D-9610-4AC35DB4D5BA.jpeg

Shown below left with stock 33ā€ tires and right with 35ā€ tires.
530FBCF5-2289-49F6-9FAA-20854FC20CEA.jpeg
Have thoroughly confused myself with offset requirements, Teraflex has helped confuse me. šŸ™„ Iā€™d like to do exactly what you didā€¦.. did you have to use wheel spacers? Thanks!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Have thoroughly confused myself with offset requirements, Teraflex has helped confuse me. šŸ™„ Iā€™d like to do exactly what you didā€¦.. did you have to use wheel spacers? Thanks!
Larger tires on stock wheels tend to rub without spacers. But it depends on how large the tire is. And if you are running the plastic bumper, as that is usually the first thing that rubs.

DHartlein

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Firecracker Red Rubicon JLU, 23 White Sport JLU
Larger tires on stock wheels tend to rub without spacers. But it depends on how large the tire is. And if you are running the plastic bumper, as that is usually the first thing that rubs.
Thanks! Steel bumper, 2021 Rubi, the evil soft top twin to Fsttankaā€™sā€¦ 35s at the most. Sounds like Iā€™m ok? Thanks!
Sponsored