Sponsored

What (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper?

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
Does anyone know what (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper? Maybe that would bolt somewhere where the bolts are?
Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
You can bolt whatever you want to it. I suggest before doing that you unbolt it and replace it with something worth its weight. I wish I did, now Iā€™m stuck with this weak factory garbage because lazy me doesnā€™t want to even think about touching the winch mounting plate ever again.

sorry itā€™s late and Iā€™m getting delirious lol

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper? Maybe that would bolt somewhere where the bolts are?
Jeep Wrangler JL What (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper? 20220806_091501_resized

All bolt on:
-Warn winch and mounting plate
-Factor55 Ultrahook and fairlead
-Maximus-3 SLP bull bar (there bumper bars finish is a great match to the factory steel bumper)
-Maximus-3 Stealth license plate bracket that utilizes the 3 center lower skid plate bolts
-Maximus-3 pod light mount that utilizes the 3 center bumper bolts on the top of the bumper
-Maximius-3 steel filler plates that cleans the look of the top of the frame after removing the factory plastic panel to install a winch

Jeep Wrangler JL What (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper? 20230325_071109

OP
OP
Trek54

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Maximus 3 stinger hoop, winch mount, fairlead mounting plate, and Warn winch, along with a set of Baja Designs LP6 lights all bolted to the OEM steel bumper through the original bolt mounts.
Jeep Wrangler JL What (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper? 392 Moab 3-25-23 2

OP
OP
Trek54

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
You can bolt whatever you want to it. I suggest before doing that you unbolt it and replace it with something worth its weight. I wish I did, now Iā€™m stuck with this weak factory garbage because lazy me doesnā€™t want to even think about touching the winch mounting plate ever again.

thanks, I think after my first jeep mods ive gotten lazy and dont really want to do much on my new rubicon. Bull bar and some lights, thats it!

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Did you get a MOPAR rear bumper also? Did you have any trouble with the bolts holding on your hitch? thanks
I got the mopar steel bumpers from the factory, along with the tow package. I've towed a trailer a couple times already, no issues to this point.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP

agreed. I think it got some added rigidity tho with the winch plate. But definitely I should have gone aftermarket CavFab.

Jeep Wrangler JL What (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper? F53FB572-829C-41FE-9C4C-E663A78FE914

OP
OP
Trek54

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL What (if any) add ons can be put on a factory JL steel bumper? F53FB572-829C-41FE-9C4C-E663A78FE914

All bolt on:
-Warn winch and mounting plate
-Factor55 Ultrahook and fairlead
-Maximus-3 SLP bull bar (there bumper bars finish is a great match to the factory steel bumper)
-Maximus-3 Stealth license plate bracket that utilizes the 3 center lower skid plate bolts
-Maximus-3 pod light mount that utilizes the 3 center bumper bolts on the top of the bumper
-Maximius-3 steel filler plates that cleans the look of the top of the frame after removing the factory plastic panel to install a winch

I had the dealer put on the mopar steel bumper. Iam looking at it and it doesnt have all the bolts on top. The winch fits fine. Ill try to attach the pic of it. This dose not look like any of the other steel bumpers for Rubicon Ive seen... Thanks.

thumbnail_20230405_224353.jpg

thumbnail_20230405_224337.jpg

OP
OP
Trek54

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
Got only 2 bolts to the right and left of each tow hook, thats it....... Ill have to drill for anything toward the edges. I wonder if a bull bar will even fit! I hate to complain to the dealer the first day but something seems wrong with this "mopar steel bumper".

Thanks for any feed back

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I had the dealer put on the mopar steel bumper. Iam looking at it and it doesnt have all the bolts on top. The winch fits fine. Ill try to attach the pic of it. This dose not look like any of the other steel bumpers for Rubicon Ive seen... Thanks.

thumbnail_20230405_224353.jpg

thumbnail_20230405_224337.jpg
Unless they did a complete redesign in secret, thatā€™s not a factory JL Rubicon steel bumper.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

Give me the bumper and Iā€™ll install a new one. šŸ˜
Sponsored