Sponsored

What I should expect for pricing in relation to invoice with 4xE factory orders?

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
I am about to embark on a lot of firsts and am hoping to get some guidance from all you brilliant folks here! First Jeep, first factory order and first time getting a vehicle right when it gets released. Not my first plug in hybrid though! I am trying to identify the dealer I should work with and have read up on all the tips and guidance I can find here about price related to invoice. With it being a brand new option, am I going to be stuck paying MSRP or will dealers be willing to do at or below invoice? I have read that using the affiliate pricing of 1% below invoice wasn't an option with the Gladiator at release, but it seems that some folks were still able to make deals around that price point. I don't want to waste time asking for something that they won't offer and I also want to have a planned dealer ready to order with as soon as they are available.

A few things before you ask - I have referenced which dealers are good to contact in my region from the map and posts - really looking more for knowing where the negotiation line really is with it being new, I do know what trim and packages I am interested in if they are available once the 4xE gets released and I understand it will likely be a while before I get delivery.

Thanks in advance for your guidance and tips. I really appreciate it and look forward to joining the club.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So, here are my thoughts. The 4xe isn't exactly a new model, just a new drivetrain. As amped as some are to be first adopters, many will be gun shy until the tech is more proven. I would expect reputable dealers who do below invoice factory orders to match that on the 4xe. Most that have pre-ordered have gotten that in writing. I assume you're considering a drive to Nampa, ID where those guys have been setting the bar for below invoice pricing for years.
My guess is that the 4xe will come in $5500-6000 more than a non-hybrid model, with perhaps a few "non-optional" options foisted upon us. This will be less than the $7500 federal tax credit incentive and will provide a net savings for buyers, which FCA needs to bring down their CAFE numbers.
So, my negotiation line would be the same for a factory 4xe as it would be for any other trim: 5% below invoice minimum with up to 8% depending on how far you want to drive+Affiliate Rewards status. Jeep NEEDS this trim to sell well, and the system has been in the Pacifica for years, so both risks and costs should be fairly low. Hopefully it's a win-win for Jeep and buyers. I'll probably wait for the '22 MY to see if they offer different color combos (I love my Firecracker, but not with that blue stitching/decaling).
At the very least, get an offer from the distant guys and use that for leverage. There are dealers willing to move well below invoice on these.

Last edited:

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Hi misanthrope (great user name.. wish I could fit that on my tags) anyway, helpful post. Can you help me understand what you are referring to when you say "5% below minimum" what is the minimum referring to?

Thanks!

Last edited:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hi misanthrope (great user name.. wish I could fit that on my tags) anyway, helpful post. Can you help me understand what you are referring to when you say "5% below minimum" what is the minimum referring to?

Thanks!
You know, as a teacher I should know how to use punctuation better. It should have read "5% below, minimum" with the comma.
What I was trying to say is that the minimum discount you should accept is 5% below invoice, as that is relatively common on factory orders when you use recommended dealers from this forum. Criswell/Koons and many others on the East Coast hit 7% or better, and always have on all models, even when first released. It may have taken a few months on the Gladiators, and I have no idea what to expect on the 392s, but I see no reason why the same discounts won't be offered on the 4xe.
If I were ordering one now, without pricing, I would insist on a percentage below invoice of no less than 5% in writing before I gave any deposit. Without that, I walk and wait a month or 2 and try again.
I actually have MSNTHROP on my plates now, but few people get it.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Been there done that with the comma. So I ordered from Koons Jeep in Tysons, so maybe their "WOW" price will be decent. I will keep the 7% in mind though for sure. I already gave a $1000 deposit but I "ass-u-me-d" I would get that back if they dont come up with a decent price but that obviously wasnt smart business on my part. Love the plates!!! I find it oddly comforting that someone else wanted that on their plates....I also kinda like that most people dont know what it means!

Sponsored

Sreilly2

First Name
Reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
You know, as a teacher I should know how to use punctuation better. It should have read "5% below, minimum" with the comma.
What I was trying to say is that the minimum discount you should accept is 5% below invoice, as that is relatively common on factory orders when you use recommended dealers from this forum. Criswell/Koons and many others on the East Coast hit 7% or better, and always have on all models, even when first released. It may have taken a few months on the Gladiators, and I have no idea what to expect on the 392s, but I see no reason why the same discounts won't be offered on the 4xe.
If I were ordering one now, without pricing, I would insist on a percentage below invoice of no less than 5% in writing before I gave any deposit. Without that, I walk and wait a month or 2 and try again.
I actually have MSNTHROP on my plates now, but few people get it.
Is there a list of best dealerships by state?

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I saw a thread for that tonight under the ordering category.
Sponsored