What I’ll (eventually) Do With My JLU

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
So I’ve wanted a Wrangler for about 20 years....finally this 40m can bring one home...eventually. Ordered 6/25, due at dealer a month later. I have no idea how anybody has waited much longer...I seem to recall the 9 months for my boy passing with greater ease.

This week I will trade-in a perfectly capable 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback. A year ago, I told myself I wouldn’t have to have a JL, they’re too expensive, not necessary, etc. Well I think we all know the end of that story.

For those who possibly still care, here’s my list of new owner activities:

1. After euphorically getting the keys, drive immediately home and park in garage.
2. Pretend it’s not there.
3. Convince myself I’m not having a midlife crisis.
4. Accept, possibly embrace midlife crisis status.
5. Return to garage, stare at new Jeep in silence for 20 minutes.
6. Remove t-tops-I mean freedom panels.
7. Drive around block, notice streetlamps passing overhead.
8. Begin realization that despite a sprawling breadth of monthly payments ahead, this may actually be worth it.
9. Change oil without having to use a floor jack or take off some plastic underbody panel.
10. Remove front doors and observe wife as we accelerate to highway speed.

As you can see, I’m fully prepared to enter into a more active, ‘Wranglery’ lifestyle. Here we go!
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Jeeps are not crisis mobiles. Every age person can and should have one- just a note :)

OP
OP
MartyParty

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
So what are you eventually gonna do homie?
Well prob 2 inches and 35’s in a year or so...I mean eventually since I’ve had an entire month to visualize the (immediate) ownership process.

OP
OP
MartyParty

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
Jeeps are not crisis mobiles. Every age person can and should have one- just a note :)
Oh for sure...and I already ride so the mc definitely scratches an itch...I turn 40 next January so I suppose the timing for me just makes it feel that way.

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Oh for sure...and I already ride so the mc definitely scratches an itch...I turn 40 next January so I suppose the timing for me just makes it feel that way.
I turned 40 last year- i find Jeep takes the clock back 10 years ...:giggle:

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Haha, this is my turning 40 mid life crisis mobile too. I figure I’ll do the same things as you once I get it. 35’s, a tazer and a roof rack. That’s about it.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well prob 2 inches and 35’s in a year or so...I mean eventually since I’ve had an entire month to visualize the (immediate) ownership process.
Yep that is what I said I will at least let the factory tires get good and used.. that logic lasted 3 weeks and put a RC spacer and 35's. It's 105 deg and I have still been rolling around no doors and top doen, with the wife looking at me like I am crazy:cwl:

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
This must be the thing to do when you're turning 40, this is my 40th birthday present to me, and it arrived a month early. My wife told me today, "I guess we aren't going to have a baby now, since you already have one."

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This must be the thing to do when you're turning 40, this is my 40th birthday present to me, and it arrived a month early. My wife told me today, "I guess we aren't going to have a baby now, since you already have one."
Tell her practice makes perfect and get lots of "practice" ;) I turn 40 in May so yes sounds like a :jk: thing. Not sure if baby or Jeep would be cheaper in the long run.
Sponsored

Last edited: