Sponsored

What head units have you guys upgraded to?

justinshanley

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
Or you could get a myTop and be able to close your top in seconds, so you can keep your headunit dry.

Just saying... 🤷‍♂️
ehhh I'd rather not spend $4k on a top when I have one off for majority of the year.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Or save 1200 and get the Teyes CC3 instead so you wouldn't feel so bad about it if it gets wet

justinshanley

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
thought about it but if I'm going to buy Chinese crap, I'd rather it be some kind of Chinese crap that is going to last (like stinger, or insane audio)

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Hey Mike -- I'm really interested in the Stinger unit, but I have an issue with it not bring water proof/water resistant. I live in Arizona so my top is off most of the year, but I'm afraid of that pop up rain storm. Is the unit able to withstand a pop up shower? or when they say "not waterproof" does that mean any water will damage the unit?
I just plan on removing the face or quickly coving it when this happens here. Maybe they could come out with a decent cover we can slide over it for these occurrences

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

KickinSaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Nice unit if I do say so myself! The full 10" infotainment kit for JL is now available at Stinger Off-Road for less than the factory upgrade to the 8.4" and ads a lot of cool off-road features and gauges that your Jeep won't have from factory.
https://stingeroffroad.com/collections/jeep-stereos-infotainment/products/rb10jw18b
The downside to the Stinger
Nice unit if I do say so myself! The full 10" infotainment kit for JL is now available at Stinger Off-Road for less than the factory upgrade to the 8.4" and ads a lot of cool off-road features and gauges that your Jeep won't have from factory.
https://stingeroffroad.com/collections/jeep-stereos-infotainment/products/rb10jw18b
the downside to this product is when it gets really hot or really cold it goes haywire. -It’s like it’s stuck in never-ending “scan” mode where there are non-stop phantom taps on the screen. Other than that, it’s a fantastic product.

KickinSaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL

the downside to this product is when it gets really hot or really cold it goes haywire. -It’s like it’s stuck in never-ending “scan” mode where there are non-stop phantom taps on the screen. Other than that, it’s a fantastic product.

Attachments

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Sounds like a warranty issue. I've never experienced this and my Jeep has seen extreme temperatures in both directions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR

Well, the Bluetooth randomly shuts off all the time and there is a frustrating delay for the backup camera to kick on. Not sure if Another update would fix these issues. It’s going in on the first to get the gps card and front camera wire hooked up.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

Its 6F here and mine is not doing this at all. Have you contacted Stinger?
Sponsored

Last edited: