Sponsored

What head units have you guys upgraded to?

KevinD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
So, does the Elev8 offer all the integration features that the Heigh10 has?
I'm not a fan of the 10" screen hanging on the dash.
My understanding is that the only difference between the ELEV8 and HEIGH10 is the screen size. They have the same brain and integration modules so everything you get with one, you'll have on the other. Only difference is there's no bundle for the ELEV8, but buying separately will net you the same exact parts.
Thanks! That's what it looks like to me, too.
And the Elev8 package is a couple hundred less, too.

Kevin

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Happy to oblige

Jeep Wrangler JL What head units have you guys upgraded to? 20201106_083351

Oh wow. That looks awesome. I thought it was going to look horrible for some reason. So this is fully plug and play even if I already have the 8.4? Sounds like you can add a better HD front camera then with this unti and then obviously all the added features of stereo upgrades.

OlderSpice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport
Oh wow. That looks awesome. I thought it was going to look horrible for some reason. So this is fully plug and play even if I already have the 8.4? Sounds like you can add a better HD front camera then with this unti and then obviously all the added features of stereo upgrades.
You're obviously going to have less of a gain in real estate but, like you said, the big selling point is pre-amp outputs and the option for 2 HD quality cameras and up to 3 SD quality (4 total given the units limitations) while keeping the ability to see and change all of the factory data/settings.

You'll have more loose plugs in the back than those of us with a 5" or 7", but this is still just as much plug and play for you as it is the rest of us!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I wonder if the CC3 has solved the 'not powering down when doors are off' (possible) issue?
I saw a cc2 video on a gladiator and just like any android tablet, you can just hold a button to manually power the tablet off. Doesn’t seem too big of a deal as doors off driving is a rarity

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Just pulled the trigger on the CC3, because there was only 1 left and it won't get here until December 9th.

Proteus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT
Would love to know about the CC3, definitely thinking about it just for cameras. Let us now how it work out!

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I have installed the heigh10 in my 2019 JLUR Rubicon with the Alpine system. I have to heartily second the lack of room behind the unit I spent one whole afternoon putting the unit partially in, causing a lot, pulling it out and trying again. I, too, finally removed all the pigtails that I would not use and finally got it to fit. I am using the fiber optic out to my aftermarket amps so the preamp plugs weren't installed. The unit still powers the roll bar speakers with the stock amp. One warning, make sure the heigh10 has the latest firmware installed (the directions say to do that first, unfortunately I ignored that) because most features won't work unless you do. Its simple to download from the Stinger website and install the latest version. I had several calls to the tech support team and they were always very supportive and patient. After one week I am very happy with the heigh10. I'm just starting to explore all the features, the install was very straight forward if you are patient getting the wires arranged.
I have the stock 8.4 radio, bezel, and ap4-ch41 with fiber optic out for sale. The radio was just replaced under warranty and supposedly is the latest version. Sirrius was working.

OlderSpice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport
@sandygar4 did you have any issues tucking the toslink cable behind the unit? It was a hell of an endeavor tucking the wires back in there and I'd be worried about breaking a fiber line

Sponsored

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I don't know whether it was just blind luck or what, but everything works perfectly. I was as careful as i could be but once the radio is pushed in just a little way you can't see or manipulate the wiring as you push it in to seat it.

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I have installed the heigh10 in my 2019 JLUR Rubicon with the Alpine system. I have to heartily second the lack of room behind the unit I spent one whole afternoon putting the unit partially in, causing a lot, pulling it out and trying again. I, too, finally removed all the pigtails that I would not use and finally got it to fit. I am using the fiber optic out to my aftermarket amps so the preamp plugs weren't installed. The unit still powers the roll bar speakers with the stock amp. One warning, make sure the heigh10 has the latest firmware installed (the directions say to do that first, unfortunately I ignored that) because most features won't work unless you do. Its simple to download from the Stinger website and install the latest version. I had several calls to the tech support team and they were always very supportive and patient. After one week I am very happy with the heigh10. I'm just starting to explore all the features, the install was very straight forward if you are patient getting the wires arranged.
I have the stock 8.4 radio, bezel, and ap4-ch41 with fiber optic out for sale. The radio was just replaced under warranty and supposedly is the latest version. Sirrius was working.
I too concur with the lack of room in the dashboard but I’ve been waiting hours for support to call me back.

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I installed the Stinger Heigh-10. After working out a few bugs with support this radio is AWESOME made my sound system come alive. Thanks to @Mike - Stinger Off-Road for helping me out. The rep stayed on the phone with me for two and half hours till we had it figured out. She was fantastic !

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Just pulled the trigger on the CC3, because there was only 1 left and it won't get here until December 9th.
Finally arrived today! 😦

I don’t know if I can pull this off.
SO MANY WIRES!

Deleted member 59498

Upgraded to a new 8.4 Uconnect today, brand new off Ebay (built 7-2020) and the guys programmed it just right. Took about 15 mins because I plugged the Sirius into the wrong spot, yes you can do that. I like red curry not yellow :)

Yeah they are expensive but it was worth it to me. Integration with Jeep is awesome, had to let it sleep for about 30 mins and it programmed itself to my Wrangler with no problems, Nav works awesome and is smooth. The unit responds instantly and for a couple of hours of using it running around today was a good investment in my opinion.
Sponsored