Sponsored

What head units have you guys upgraded to?

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I have read with much interest about a replacement unit for my 8.4 uconnect unit. From everything I have read there are units close to replacing all the factory bells and whistles but not one that does so, without this or that to purchase extra to make it the same as factory. I personally like the 8.4 uconnect but I have had it replaced by the dealer with a new one as the gps,lat, alt and lg just shows dashes. The new one has same problem

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
The Stinger looks the closest to having all the factory features, but I think the Alpine looks better.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
What factory features is the teyes missing? I have been able to retain all my controls and it comes with all the headunit options I had on my factory 5”

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
The Stinger looks the closest to having all the factory features, but I think the Alpine looks better.
Does it show the exact same gauges on the top?

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I ment on the off road pages.

OlderSpice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport
Since a lot of the info is already consolidated here, here's another great in-depth install of the Stinger. I look forward to what Mark does with the future of his install in the Jeep because he's done nothing short of amazing work

Install

EDIT: posted at the same exact time as Red above haha

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
Had the 10" Stinger installed Friday 12/18/20. Obviously gaga with joy with the huge readout. I lost no features from my 7" and gained a few more. Time will tell as the only concern I had was longevity & reliability. For now I love it!

Stinger.jpg

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Had mine about a month, replaced the 7", self installed. Ain't going back! I have to make a precision approach backing into the garage, so the much larger view of the back up cam is very much appreciated.

Sponsored

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Looking to upgrade to the Stinger Heigh10...was originally smitten with the Insane AudIo, but after researching the Stinger I am very intrigued. To those of you who have upgraded to this head unit from the 8.4 Alpine a few questions. Better overall, screen resolution, overall usability, better audio/controls, negative? Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I cannot find pricing on the website for the 8”.
Also, what is the cost to upgrade to Sirius ?
I see it's been a few months and no one answered yet. You will need to add the SiriusXM tuner, which is typically about $50. Of course you will then need a subscription.

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Can you record video from the cameras like you can with the insane audio?

justinshanley

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
More Videos are coming to the YouTube channel, but here is a good review of new features offered on the HEIGH10 JL kit:
Hey Mike -- I'm really interested in the Stinger unit, but I have an issue with it not bring water proof/water resistant. I live in Arizona so my top is off most of the year, but I'm afraid of that pop up rain storm. Is the unit able to withstand a pop up shower? or when they say "not waterproof" does that mean any water will damage the unit?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Hey Mike -- I'm really interested in the Stinger unit, but I have an issue with it not bring water proof/water resistant. I live in Arizona so my top is off most of the year, but I'm afraid of that pop up rain storm. Is the unit able to withstand a pop up shower? or when they say "not waterproof" does that mean any water will damage the unit?
Or you could get a myTop and be able to close your top in seconds, so you can keep your headunit dry.

Just saying... 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored