Sponsored

What have you had fly out of your Jeep lately?

Mine&Hers

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Nothing so far,wife has had hat blow off several times but she has cat like reflexes and has caught it before exiting the Jeep
Sponsored

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
There's a reason why I only use cheap sunglasses when topless/doorless

Once, they slid right along my dash and out the door when taking a corner

Another time in my TJ, I actually stuck my head out and looked back to check on something. Ripped those glasses right off my face.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Been driving around topless and with tube doors lately - tons of fun! 😊👍

Had a small fast food receipt fly out of the bag while on the road the other day due to the wind (yes, I stopped and picked it up)…. Got me wondering:

What have you had fly out of your open top Jeep while driving? 🤔
My JT has a little slot for them to sit in when not being used, does the rear of the JL not have this? I have to ask because I don't my JL yet, and it'll be a 2 door so it may be set up differently lol. The little slot helps with the flapping in the back. The front passenger is wedged between the seat and I've never had a problem with mine.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
My wife flew out of my Jeep a few weeks ago, when we were crawling super slow across a side hill she didn't like. She was there, complaining to me, then she was gone, just like that.

Does that count?

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Nothing in the JL-did lose a tree out of a TJ once though😳 (small tree I was bringing home from the nursery-hard corner, no tree😏. Went back and got it. The little plastic pot was busted buy the tree survived👍)

Sponsored

Mccorm67

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara
I was returning a CableCARD that had been assigned to a TiVo I was no longer using. Luckily, the cable company is so glad to get rid of these that they didn't even want to charge me for the lost equipment.

EDITING TO ASK: Did anyone ever come up with a good solution for all that seat belt flutter?
My kids give me that "ahh excuuuse me?" when I mention "TIVO". Apparently that's bougie

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
My wife flew out of my Jeep a few weeks ago, when we were crawling super slow across a side hill she didn't like. She was there, complaining to me, then she was gone, just like that.

Does that count?
It doesn’t count if you push her out 😉

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
There's the day I changed the oil on the last one and stopped at the end of the block and then hit something.....
It was the rest of the case of oil I had left on the front bumper... quite the cleanup
Not actually "out of the Jeep" but probably worth at least a mention for stupid
Always fun with Jeeps... always

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
lost my favorite hat the other day... was even tightened for it and there were some gusts that day oh my.

I have the all weather Mopar floor mats and on the freeway they are lifting in the center where they connect(and being stopped by the underside of the rear seat)... worried for it and wondering if anyone else experienced that. I may manually affix them together to keep from separating and lifting with the air flow.

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
At least nobody has said “passenger” yet! 🤔
I haven’t but my brother has!!

Several years ago he, my sister, and our two cousins were all riding around in his two door jeep (as people do in small towns). Outside city limits we have this decent sized hill with railroad tracks going across. As most young people do—you fly up the hill, become airborne over the top of the hill, then fly down the backside.
Well, this night they hit that hill and my sister—sitting in the front seat—almost lost her purse out. Did I forget to mention my brother had his jeep naked—so no doors. When they got to the bottom of the hill my brother popped a quick turn to go back and do it again—-at the same time my sister unbuckled her seat belt and leaned forward to rescue her purse. Yep—you guessed it—she went rolling right out of the jeep and hit the ground. Luckily he was turning away from the way she rolled!

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
@jmccorm

The one I linked to is Made in the USA. a highly regarded offering.... and the physical size is small.

With a very small piece of maximum hold strength Velcor, it can be fastened in a place that you can get to it easily. I placed mine in a place that would be right in front of me so to speak in a roll over situation. It cannot readily seen... but I and my gal pal know it is there.

The one I have, I have used to extricate two people out of their wrecked vehicles over the last 3 yrs..

Go to have such a tool... the make great gifts to your Son, Daughter, Wife that drive...
Buy 3 and save lots of $. I gave to my family member's.
https://www.amazon.com/RESQME-Origi...58320&pd_rd_wg=CwpEj&pd_rd_i=B06Y2217F7&psc=1
This is the "Detroit" model I keep in the armrest.

20220420_101327.jpg

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed that for you
I'm talking about a rug that may or may not have flew out of my jeep.
On second thought there were a lot of rugs that day.. What are you guys talking about??? LOL
Sponsored