Sponsored

What hardware needed for Roam frame mounted rails?

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I have a set of the Roam frame mounted rails for my JLUR. Unfortunately they forgot to include hardware. Does anyone have the complete list of hardware sizes, quantities, lengths ect.... I am sure Roam will send them to me but I would like to install them this weekend. I’m still waiting for Roam to respond to my email on the issue.
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
So I’d guess they did not provide install instructions either. Often times the install instructions would include a component list.

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah no luck. The install instruction and general hardware list are on a forum here. Unfortunately the hardware description is not detailed enough for me to know which bolts to buy.

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Yeah no luck. The install instruction and general hardware list are on a forum here. Unfortunately the hardware description is not detailed enough for me to know which bolts to buy.
I believe the hardware kit has Some nuts on handles that install through the frame rail Openings. If you have the frame mounited rails. They also have body mounted rails. No idea how they mount, but definitely use different hardware. keep trying to contact ROam. They are a solid company and will send you your parts.

Sponsored

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
So I’d guess they did not provide install instructions either. Often times the install instructions would include a component list.
They send an email

Anthony said:
Anthony R <[email protected]>
Fri, Jun 19, 5:19 PM (13 days ago)
to me
Thank you for you purchase! We are now shipping your steps!. Paypal will send you tracking information. If the box arrives damaged please take pictures before opening and let the driver know about any damage to the box. UPS has not been taking care of our items and we will have to make a claim if there is any damage to the steps or if there’s missing brackets or hardware. We double check for damage and then wrap the steps but if you do find major damage please inform us before installing. Take pictures of the box before opening.
Make sure to do maintenance to the steps every few months. Steps will last longer and will not rust with our new powdercoat if damage is treated beforehand. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you!

Step install:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/roam-side-steps-install.12279/
LED light install:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-any-lights-with-door-open-illumination.8744/

Anthony
Roam Offroad

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Copy all. I have the brackets rails and instructions. I do not have any of the bolts washers and the few nuts that are not attached to the frame brackets. He silver hardware in the instruction thread.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Copy all. I have the brackets rails and instructions. I do not have any of the bolts washers and the few nuts that are not attached to the frame brackets. He silver hardware in the instruction thread.
The bolts that ROAM sent with my rails were too short and I had to buy new ones.

The bolts I used to mount the rails to the frame brackets are:

Zinc Yellow-Chromate Plated Class 10.9 Steel Screws, Flanged Hex Head, M10 x 1.50mm, 25mm Long
93474A222

The washers I used on the bolts are:

Zinc-Plated Steel Oversized Washer
for M10 Screw Size, 10.5 mm ID, 30 mm OD
91100A170

The bolts to attach the frame pieces to the frame were OK so I did not have to buy those. Do you need to know what those are?

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Yes I need those also if you happen to know them! Thanks for the first set though.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
The hardware is shipped in a separate box, maybe it fell behind a bit in shipping.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I revise two boxes. One with rails and on with brackets. Neither container bolts, nuts or washers. The captured nut brackets that go inside the frame were there.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
I installed my roam rails last weekend. If @CarbonSteel doesn't have the sizes I'll pull one of each tomorrow (there's only 2 bolt sizes on the frame) and get you the sizes.

You can probably get by with just using the longer of the 2 everywhere tho.

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I would appreciate that. I have emailed Anthony a couple times today and haven’t heard back. It’s not the end of the world but I work out of town so it would be nice to get them installed prior to leaving town next week.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my roam rails last weekend. If @CarbonSteel doesn't have the sizes I'll pull one of each tomorrow (there's only 2 bolt sizes on the frame) and get you the sizes.

You can probably get by with just using the longer of the 2 everywhere tho.
I do not have the bracket to frame bolt sizes handy (quite a few that are OEM that you reuse). If @dpike does not get them for you, let me know, will only take a few minutes to pull one out and measure it. The other bolts I posted are the correct length, the ROAM supplied ones (at least the ones they sent me) would only grab about 2 or 3 threads and I wanted full engagement.

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Good copy on bracket to rail bolts. I think all I need is the frame to bracket bolt size. I believe they are the m12’s. I can take a “nut bracket” to hardware store to match thread and use a set of calipers to get length. We will see hopefully Anthony will respond to my emails soon. I know it’s the Holiday so he may be out of office.
Sponsored