Sponsored

What happens when Sirius XM free trial concludes?

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
On the paying by credit card for things like this, do like I do. I can go on my CC company's website and generate a free virtual CC number that is tied to my account but it expires one month after it was issued. Give that number to Sirius and if they give you a hard time about canceling your subscription a year later they cannot keep charging you.

A lot of people don't seem to know about the virtual CC service but I bet many companies have it available.
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For some reason I still have xm radio after 3 years. I never signed up or gave a cc number and I have never seen any charge for it. I’d be happy but I don’t use it much because it cuts out all the time

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I pay five bucks a month for a year and have it marked so that I cancel before they auto renew. I like it. I stream it to other vehicles via Bluetooth and in my garage. I mean c’mon....that’s less than a coffee and a donut.
Can you explain how you stream with the Bluetooth?. let mine expire and got the five dollar a month deal and I’m thinking about taking it if I could stream it in the garage that would be great or on my phone. Thanks

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
one tip.. the bluetooth on the JL is not great quality.. if you plug your phone ito the USB port.. you get much better sound quality.. just a little life hack for us stingy bastards that wont pay the 11 dollars amonth for sirius lol

Sponsored

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I usually call SiriusXM right before it expires, mention that I may be stopping my service. Then get 1 year for $60. And pay a one time $60, repeat on my truck and my wife's car. Opt for SiriusXM Select. If it gets too expensive, then switch to 6 month trials of Spotify.

Affiant

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I let my free trial expire a couple of years ago, but I bought a new Ram 1500 and that subscription comes to an end on the 15th of this month. I enjoy the service. I bluetooth it to my JL and Alexa in the house. Since I don't want Sirius to have access to my credit card tied to my bank for the automatic renewal; can I pay with a Visa Gift Card? Has anyone done this?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the Sirius XM, no problems renewing at the $5 per month, have it in the house, no extra costs. Many good choices, no hassle for renewal, I called them just prior to expiration to renew at the lowest rate.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Since I don't want Sirius to have access to my credit card tied to my bank for the automatic renewal; can I pay with a Visa Gift Card? Has anyone done this?
Yes, it can be done. You can even ask them to send you a bill to pay by check or other means.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I set a reminder on my calendar/task app two weeks before expiration. I make a call to SXM and let them know I am thinking of cancelling. The give me the play of 3 months free, etc. and if not the $5 / month deal I currently have, I say I would like to cancel (I have Spotify and Apple Music plans). If the rep says let me get my supervisor/manager, I ask they do so quickly, if not offered the extension at the $5/m I cancel. Twice I have done this, once the "supervisor" approved if I put a credit card on file (which I do but is also why have the reminder to call/cancel so it does not auto-renew at the higher rate.) the other time I cancelled and they emailed me to offer me the "deal". Too many choices for options, and though I like the SXM service, it is not worth more than $5/m as there are few channels I listen too.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My wife pays $25 a month for Sirius XM because “that’s the only way to get it to work on my phone too.” She refuses to let me negotiate a lower price because she thinks she’ll lose features.

If anyone knows how to change her plan without her finding out, please, for the love of god, let me know.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My wife pays $25 a month for Sirius XM because “that’s the only way to get it to work on my phone too.” She refuses to let me negotiate a lower price because she thinks she’ll lose features.

If anyone knows how to change her plan without her finding out, please, for the love of god, let me know.
She can have it on phone, any of her devices for the $5 per month. That extra $20 translates into $240 per year. Show her the Math

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I let my free trial expire a couple of years ago, but I bought a new Ram 1500 and that subscription comes to an end on the 15th of this month. I enjoy the service. I bluetooth it to my JL and Alexa in the house. Since I don't want Sirius to have access to my credit card tied to my bank for the automatic renewal; can I pay with a Visa Gift Card? Has anyone done this?
Use a virtual CC # (see message #31).

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
She can have it on phone, any of her devices for the $5 per month. That extra $20 translates into $240 per year. Show her the Math
Showing her the math is the first thing I did. She’s convinced that she can’t get it in the car and on her device at the same time. Any attempt to convince her otherwise will result in an argument. That’s why I have to do it without her knowing.
Sponsored