Sponsored

What happens when Sirius XM free trial concludes?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
@SleepEatJeepRepeat

I even do Amazon Music..... I have an Echo Auto >Alexa in the JL, so can request songs, playlists.. Yup, I do Pandora to.... Android Auto ..... sure would like non-tethered though like you have probably..
Ya I use Apple Music too because of the voice command.. and cnn has a listen mode in there app so when I want to listen to talk news I do that.. and am radio for sports talk.. the only time I miss xm is when I am way out in the middle of nowhere ona road trip or wheeling and lose reception then I am stuck with the 3 albums I have downloaded to my phone

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep came with 1 year of free Sirius satellite radio and Guardian, and 5 years of TraveLink.

I let the satellite radio and Guardian free trials expire, and disabled the TraveLink with the Tazer to stop those irritating Weather Alerts.

We can all convince ourselves that we need certain things. IMO, the entire line of Sirius services is useless. They have created a “revenue stream” designed to squeeze money out of people in exchange for completely unnecessary services.

I pay $60/year for a Pandora subscription. I get to play any kind of music I want, I can fast-forward and replay, and I can listen to it in my Jeep, in my Fiat, on my Smart TV, my iPad, my laptop and on my phone at no additional charge. And the sound quality is 100 times better than Sirius’s.

Best part is, I don’t have to get into a fight with a dimwit Sirius rep every few months.

Last edited:

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
I keep getting offers for the $5/month deal for "Select" service when my free trial runs out in April, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I can't find out whether that includes the Howard Stern channels. I don't think they have a discount plan if you include HS. (Love his interviews, hate a lot of the antics. His session recently with the Foo Fighters was really amazing.)

Sponsored

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was weird. When the one year period ended, it continued working. On my uConnect app, it showed that the trial period hadn't started yet... So it just worked until one day it stopped and I got the generic XM radio station on all channels. I then clicked on the free trial period and my trial period started... but this time it ended on time... I was going to renew anynow. If you call them, they will give you a deal like $5 a month or something. Just have to pretend you are going to leave!

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
Sometimes they turn it back on randomly for a week for “free listening events.” If you follow them on social media they announce it to try to lure you back.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I just don't use them even when I bought my vehicle new. Like many people here said, they will agreesively flood your mailbox with junk and they are like Gestapo when it comes to making you renew your subs. I used SXM like 10 years ago and canceling it was a pain in the (_|_) They stick to you WORST than the Gorilla Glue spray that someone stupidly used it on her hair!

Definitely not worth it imo. I have subscription to Google Play music and I use Google Map for my navigation so I don't need SXM and it's junk. Android Car work seamlessly between my phone and the Jeep interface and I am happy with it. My small annoyance is that SXM will always be a part of my audio system (icon is unnessarily there or I will accidently tuned into it) - and I wish that I can delete it off the menu - I hate it THAT much!

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
you know those car warranty calls.

THAT's nothing.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I called them and told them it was only worth $5/month to me paid annually. I have them on my calendar to call the week before the annual renewal to repeat the same offer. They have done it so far and it's worth $5/ month to me. You do have to be careful or they will auto renew you at some obscene monthly rate. Have a friend who sends them a check every year with the statement that acceptance renews him for 1 year. So far they haven't shut him down either.
Same as above, free trail ended or was near end, and I called (we do this with our internet provider on a regular basis). Explained I was looking at what they could do, and started with no more than $5 per month. They offered that for 3 months then regular price but would have to provide my CC information for auto renewal (which you can cancel). I said not worth it, so thanks and the rep "got the manager" who stated why the cost was what it is, and I calmly said, $5/month or I am gone as I have other services such as Spotify. Tried the local and talk show angle, and I politely interrupted and asked if they could do it for $5 or not. He said they could, but would have to sign up for auto-renewal, which I can cancel. Have done this for a couple of years now.

I too place it on my calendar just before re-up time to call and cancel and go through it all again.

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
The latter cancels out the former, in my experience.

The recurring renewal solicitation letters, first printed on white paper and then yellow, began to arrive well in advance of my wife's 6 month Sirius trial expiring. The per-month pricing offer began to contract in a manner mirroring the shift in paper color, also.

The fine print on said letters was pretty assertive, also, in terms of how proactive -- or stubborn -- Sirius would be once they were in possession of your credit card data (re: automatic renewals.)

I experienced a similar marketing blitz when my trial period was approaching its end date, also. A rep actually called me with their pitch, asking why I didn't want to renew. I gave them an honest and frankly un-PC accounting of my reasons why their channel list left me unimpressed. That shut them down; no more letters or phone calls after that point.
Same with me - coming up on 1 year. Started out with the every other week email offer and progressed to weekly/twice a week in the last couple of months. I've also been hit with the letters starting with the white and now yellow.

Today's was very assertive, as you mention, it was written as if I had an account (never had other than the 1 year free service with vehicle) that was past due (in the amount of $267.61) and I needed to pay immediately in order to keep my service. They are unbelievable in their tenacity, I give them that.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Once the trial ends you will get endless phone calls and letters to subscribe at a discount. I think I still get calls related to a 2011 Grand Cherokee I haven’t owned since 2014.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I pay five bucks a month for a year and have it marked so that I cancel before they auto renew. I like it. I stream it to other vehicles via Bluetooth and in my garage. I mean c’mon....that’s less than a coffee and a donut.

Penguinking

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR 4xe
I pay five bucks a month for a year and have it marked so that I cancel before they auto renew. I like it. I stream it to other vehicles via Bluetooth and in my garage. I mean c’mon....that’s less than a coffee and a donut.
Wow did they change the way they used to do it when it comes to canceling? Before they forced you to call them in order to cancel. It was an absolutely miserable 45+ min ordeal for me when I decided to cancel my 2012 JKR's subscription.

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
NEVER NEVER NEVER pay by credit card card. Because once your current or any new subscription end they will automatically bill your card for the current rates which are astronomical high compared to what you can get with a little negotiation. Ask them to send you an invoice and you will pay by check.
They then usually read you a renewal agreement saying you will pay current rates when you renew. Just say no and they will sign you back up at the lower rates. Generally you can get 6 month for about $38 which includes all fees, taxes and their stupid fee for paying by check.
Sponsored