ruthannd

First Name
ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ouch, that sucks.

I got mine in 2019 (I lived in houston at the time) and had a simple ordering/delivery process. My install in my Brother in law‘s driveway had zero issues And was quick. BUT, the talk on these boards at the time was not especially complimentary of Roam‘s customer service.

I have had zero issues (rusting, body damage) with my frame mounted sliders Since putting them on. It seems that customer service and attention to detail may be continuing to plague this company.

best wishes trying to resolve.
Thanks! I had heard all great things about the product. It was important to me to support a local business. I have been driving around without out my stock rock sliders. I had everything off and wasn't putting it back on. It just makes me sad that the gesture for shopping with them hasn't been appreciated. I would just like my brackets.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I had heard all great things about the product. It was important to me to support a local business. I have been driving around without out my stock rock sliders. I had everything off and wasn't putting it back on. It just makes me sad that the gesture for shopping with them hasn't been appreciated. I would just like my brackets.
At this point, if it was me, and I really liked the sliders, I’d find a picture of the brackets and have a fab shop make you some. Shouldn’t be that expensive, and would allow you to move on to enjoying your rig....:)

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
I ordered rails in March of this year. Anthony emailed and they had just "sold out" of what I ordered. I got an upgrade to the bedliner rails. It still took me until May 20th to get them. When I went to install them on 6/14 the main brackets that I needed were jacked. One was squared and wouldn't fit through the hole on the frame to be able attach anything and the other one had the tab to hold onto welded to far over and I couldn't line the holes up to attach it. I live about 20 minutes north of Houston and Anthony asked that I put them in my mailbox to be picked up. I have heard nothing since then. I've emailed, called the number on Facebook and still nothing. I have my rails but no way to attach them. I wanted to shop local and had heard great things. Now I'm in the process of researching to try to find out where they are here since I didn't receive an invoice for my purchase. Just my PayPal payment to show proof. I had heard great things but this makes me sad.

If you still can, I would file a complaint with PayPal and ask to get your money back. You'll either get your money or it will motivate ROAM to do something.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
JL on order. Looking for bumpers and side steps/rockers. Looked @ LoD, stupid expensive so I took a look at ROAM site. Great looking products and prices but everything I looked at said out of stock. Guess this explains why. On to another brand.
Stupid expensive? Pretty sure my front stubby destroyer was well under $500. You definitely get what you pay for.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Roam made some great products. It is to bad their customer Service and the ability to supply those products were less than satisfactory. There are many things that go into making a business successful. Great products is just one of them. The relationships with the company and the type of employees you hire, resources availability, management systems, heck even employee getting a divorce can have huge impacts on a small business. All those things and many more can be hurdles for a new start up business to deal with. The process is very fragile in the first five years.

I have some Roam products and they are excellent. I have the front bumper and the steps. They are excellent. One of my main Jeeping bud has their steps and the rear bumper/tire carrier.

The rear bumper/tire carrier is the quietest rear tire carrier I have seen. It is absolutely silent and give off no noise over rough terrain and washboard roads. Zero click, shakes, rattles, nothing.

Sponsored

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Where did you get them recoated? I need to get some estimates and I'm not too far from you in northern Westchester.

I thought I replied to this a while ago but don't see that post here so will do so now. I got mine redone at B&C Powder Coat in Meriden CT. Ask for Craig @ 203.988.7082

Jhendo

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Occupation
Product/Digital Design Sales
I thought I replied to this a while ago but don't see that post here so will do so now. I got mine redone at B&C Powder Coat in Meriden CT. Ask for Craig @ 203.988.7082
Thanks for the info

ruthannd

First Name
ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you still can, I would file a complaint with PayPal and ask to get your money back. You'll either get your money or it will motivate ROAM to do something.
I hadn't thought about that!!!! Thank you!!!

ruthannd

First Name
ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point, if it was me, and I really liked the sliders, I’d find a picture of the brackets and have a fab shop make you some. Shouldn’t be that expensive, and would allow you to move on to enjoying your rig....:)
That is what I have been debating about. I just need to find someone that I can trust to do a good job.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
Anyone know if Roam off-road is still in business? Anyone?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Anyone know if Roam off-road is still in business? Anyone?
Sadly, they are not. It is to bad, that they mismanaged the company. I loved their bumpers and their rock slider/steps. I still run their rock sliders. They have taken a pounding and withstood the test of time.
Sponsored