Sponsored

What happened with ROAM offroad?

Dleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What ever happened to ROAM Offroad? This company made (makes?) great looking stuff. Is it a one-man shop?

• There is no contact info except an email.
    • You can only reach Anthony via email but he will ghost you if you have a problem.
    • There is nobody else to talk to other than Anthony that I can find
  • The phone number doesn't work/doesn't pick up
  • Their location used to be Spring, TX, but the "about" website page says Cheyenne, Wyoming
    • You cannot find their shop in Wyoming or Texas via Google
Anyone know where they are located? Who is the President or Owner? Anyone who works there and a working number? An address at all?

thanks.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Their offices are in Texas. Manufacturing is in Cheyenne. At least it used to be. I haven’t had any dealings with them for a while.

OP
OP

Dleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That makes sense. However, none of that pops up on google.

I have a theory of what is going on, but it’s just that. A theory.

How is it that you have this great business with no presence on google? No address. No corporate/business office number? Just a word press website, a single email and a single personal phone number

it doesn’t add up

Last edited:

Jhendo

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Occupation
Product/Digital Design Sales
That makes sense. However, none of that pops up on google.

I have a theory of what is going on, but it’s just that. A theory.

How is it that you have this great business with no presence on google? No address. No corporate/business office number? Just a word press website, a single email and a single personal phone number

it doesn’t add up
Did you end up finding out what happened to Roam? I have been trying to order a tire carrier since end of last year with no response.

Sponsored

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Did you end up finding out what happened to Roam? I have been trying to order a tire carrier since end of last year with no response.
if you have been trying that long to order something, and they haven’t gotten back with you.....run. And run far away.

I’m sure there are other much better options out there for a tire carrier.

Jhendo

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Occupation
Product/Digital Design Sales
I bought a set of Rock Rails from him in September 2019, haven't talked with him since. Really like his product.

Best,
-Tim
I also got Rock Rails from Anthony as well and they are great. Was hoping to get the tire carrier, but haven't heard from Anthony since January.

Sponsored

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1981 CJ7
Man I hate to hear about Roam having, issues, I have had my framed mounted sliders for 1 1/2 and I beat on them pretty good and they are holding up great.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have the body mounted rails and they have withstood the test of time. Everything from Rausch Creek, Windrock, Moab and the Rubicon Trail.

I also have their front bumper. Love their front bumper.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Has anyone bought anything from them recently? There's not even an option to add any item to your cart on their website and no response to emails...

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Has anyone bought anything from them recently? There's not even an option to add any item to your cart on their website and no response to emails...
My understanding is that they're selling fairly well in Chinese market, with more product selection than when they were selling here. If you are able to find a way to ship them over here.

I suspect the pandemic and potential delays in production and trade war with China may have had an impact on their business.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...DJyIi&id=588790888553&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail

https://item.jd.com/53135059048.html

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.48.56ed3ef5UDJyIi&id=610131708474&ns=1&abbucket=13

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.23.1e232a11Ho3HWh&id=599348498733&ns=1&abbucket=13

Last edited:

RoundelM5

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 17 BMW M3 ZCP, 18 Porsche 911 turbo
Just bought a set of body mount, bedliner coated rock rails from Anthony two weeks ago. Reasonable communication with him - not good but not poor (but only via email). All boxes/product arrived undamaged unlike some past experiences guys had (he split the 2 rails and mounts/hardware into 3 packages which I think helped a lot with box integrity). Installed the rails with mostly no issues (hardware kit wasn't quite what it should have been but fairly easy to remedy). They could use with some simple paperwork - parts diagram to make sure you have everything and a brief install instruction sheet telling you what hardware to use where, would be nice and isn't asking a lot. Sending a link to this forum and an early DIY member install as the instructions is a bit bush-league but I got them installed and they look great.
Sponsored