Sponsored

What happened to Insane Audio's JL3001 head unit?

delynn10

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator / 2016 Audi Q3
Anyone receive or install the JL3001 yet?

I have one scheduled to arrive on Saturday.
Sponsored

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
+1 I am curious about real reviews. Pretty ready to dump the horrible Uconnect 3.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yeah it looks very cool. Probably what the jeep should have had in the first place. Big question. Will I loose my off-road pages? Might be worth it if I can run Gaia on bcn without a WiFi signal. Does any know how that is possible. .? Does the unit have that much memory? I am so tempted and came close to pulling the trigger when I had my jkur, but sold it and bought the jlur.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
It has 64GB eMMC storage built in, and it has a µSD slot where you can put a 512GB card in it.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I wonder what will happen with off-road pages. And how it will interact with a tazer if at all?

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Off road pages are for the Uconnect they have an app that will read the gauges as well that is already loaded or you need to download that is similar

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Mine's coming in Tuesday, can't wait!
what app is that? Will 3001 delete the off road pages form the center of the dash between the instrunent cluster? In not then that is awesome! looking reallyhard at this may hve to doit.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
can you connect your iphone with a cable wire set up to it?

delynn10

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator / 2016 Audi Q3
Installed today, took the pictures before taking off the screen protector...

Have 2 problems so far, so it is still a work in progress.

Getting a slight static type of buzzing from speakers.

Backup camera not working. The installation manual is still a work in progress, so guessing I made a simple mistake and that it will be an easy fix.

Ran out of time today and traveling the first part of the week, so probably won't have it really finished till next weekend. At least, I'm hoping so. I'll plan on posting additional information then.

IMG_20200112_173913.jpg

IMG_20200112_173932_1.jpg

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So what do you think so far? Have you tried the. Nav out? Especially the off-road parts. Do you still have the off-road pages? Do the media plugs in the module. Below still work?
I am guessing you had the 8.3 before? How long did it take? Any tricky parts? I am kinda looking waiting on you and a few others. Are you selling your 8.3 ? That is my plan unless the 3001 isn’t as good as i hope! How is the screen more detailed or less than the 8.3? Man I didn’t know I had so many questions. Also how big is the actual display.? When I put my iPhone 6plus against the existing screen they are pretty close in size. So so far are you glad you did it? Thanks
Sponsored