Sponsored

What happened to Insane Audio's JL3001 head unit?

Shotgecko

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door sport
Tha is a lot. I ordered it. All the ac inputs and stuff function as well? I have the 5” unit and couldnt wait to change it. It cuts out randomly cause of my amp install
Switched from the 5" myself. Totally worth it. I do miss the volume knob though. I was thinking about picking up the upgraded climate control unit to get it back but am not so sure about how it will all play together.

The install is very strait forward and the videos they have to show you each step make it a breeze. Just take your time.
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Switched from the 5" myself. Totally worth it. I do miss the volume knob though. I was thinking about picking up the upgraded climate control unit to get it back but am not so sure about how it will all play together.

The install is very strait forward and the videos they have to show you each step make it a breeze. Just take your time.
I missed the knob for about 3 days then got used to it

I would add the climate control unit if it actually gave us DATC but it doesnt....so not worth it to gain a volume knob to me

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl

I’m not a fan of the climate control unit sold on Quadratec by the company they recomend. To me the digital display worth 500 dollars look like a 1990s computer and is not for me. I like my buttons there already my style and I can add some color to them.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I missed the knob for about 3 days then got used to it

I would add the climate control unit if it actually gave us DATC but it doesnt....so not worth it to gain a volume knob to me
I was a big fan of android befor I had a gf with an iPhone asking if I had Apple Pay or face time. So I’m sure I’ll be used to swiping down to up the volume! Gotta love androids freedom

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
I’m not a fan of the climate control unit sold on Quadratec by the company they recomend. To me the digital display worth 500 dollars look like a 1990s computer and is not for me. I like my buttons there already my style and I can add some color to them.
I was, and I believe Shotgecko was as well, talking about the factory climate control unit for the 7" & 8.4* screens..

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
I was a big fan of android befor I had a gf with an iPhone asking if I had Apple Pay or face time. So I’m sure I’ll be used to swiping down to up the volume! Gotta love androids freedom
I'm just using the steering wheel control, but I can be done on screen as well

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Ordered mine today! And can’t wait to get it. It’ll be a week or so. Anyone have any recommendations or install help for when I get it? Seems like there’s a lot behind this radio then just a plug and play radio
Where did you get yours from?? I ordered a week or so ago and its still being processed.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Where did you get yours from?? I ordered a week or so ago and its still being processed.
I ordered mine from 4wheelparts but it says being processed. They have a sale going on where they pay the sales tax and free shipping so it was 1400 flat.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I was, and I believe Shotgecko was as well, talking about the factory climate control unit for the 7" & 8.4* screens..
I have the regular base setups and I love them. The whole interior is perfectly fine with me except the 5 inch especially use wise is extremely slow but I knew I’d change it out eventually so no big deal I guess

cwmartin59

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine today! And can’t wait to get it. It’ll be a week or so. Anyone have any recommendations or install help for when I get it? Seems like there’s a lot behind this radio then just a plug and play radio
I strongly recommend you watch the Insane Audio Installation videos for this unit.

Here is a link to the installation manual: https://insaneaudio.com/InsaneAudio_JL3001_Installation_Manual_v1.0.pdf

Also, here's a link to a video installation guide: https://insaneaudio.com/JL3001_VInstall/JL3001_VInstall.html

Having mine for almost a month and I still love it.

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Anyone gotten a reply from ia in the last week or so about shipping? Curious to know if my 1400 is in limbo due to product delay cause of the stupid rona!

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I strongly recommend you watch the Insane Audio Installation videos for this unit.

Here is a link to the installation manual: https://insaneaudio.com/InsaneAudio_JL3001_Installation_Manual_v1.0.pdf

Also, here's a link to a video installation guide: https://insaneaudio.com/JL3001_VInstall/JL3001_VInstall.html

Having mine for almost a month and I still love it.
Seems like an easy install you could do blind folded. Thanks for the links. I have an amp and speaker already setup so this Gould be a nice addition since my unit blanks out and resets every couple of days!

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Just to get back to you with more info. I ordered mine from 4wheelparts.com. There available and on order for the first-2nd week of May. And they have a great deal going on right now I think you and anyone else should take a peak at if your considering insane audio. I beleive it includes front and rear cam.Today only 13 hours left

30519723-3A44-46D0-B002-7D8C587A818D.png

Last edited:

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
This looks like a better deal than the alpine. I am curious why the Alpine needs waaaay more parts and working than this one. Anyone have any ideas why?
Sponsored