Sponsored

What happened to Insane Audio's JL3001 head unit?

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
hoping for a Father's Day special on this, or any special for me to pull the trigger and put my little 5 inch to bed
Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Got my answer on wattage!

To answer your question, the JL3001 internal amp provides 4 x 45 watts per channel RMS output that is specifically tuned for OEM Jeep systems @ 2ohms.

If you plan on changing your OEM speakers but not the amp, we do NOT recommend that. Insane Audio’s products are tuned for OEM speakers and will get the best possible sound out of them. If a you wants to upgrade speakers, then you should ALSO add aftermarket amps and use our pre-amp outputs. We say this because our head unit is tuned specifically for OEM systems then we do not recommend upgrading your speakers without also adding aftermarket amps.

That being said you will have a noticeable improvement in sound quality with Insane Audio but if you want more, then we do recommend you look into aftermarket speakers and amps

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
So i think it was some where in this thread that someone asked about doors off...well I took the off yesterday and there an issue
I sent a support request to IA.

"I just removed my doors for the first time yesterday with this head unit. There's a problem.
The vehicle just thinks the doors are open and not off. The accessory power won't time out(so the radio stays on) and the cluster keeps flashing "vehicle not in park" when I have it in gear. It hasn't actually tried to auto park but this is a SAFETY issue.
I looked through all the settings and I could not find a door off setting, like factory has.

I plugged in my factory radio and the problem went away. So it's definitely a problem in the head unit...... "

hopefully I get a quick answer tomorrow (Monday)

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
So i think it was some where in this thread that someone asked about doors off...well I took the off yesterday and there an issue
I sent a support request to IA.

"I just removed my doors for the first time yesterday with this head unit. There's a problem.
The vehicle just thinks the doors are open and not off. The accessory power won't time out(so the radio stays on) and the cluster keeps flashing "vehicle not in park" when I have it in gear. It hasn't actually tried to auto park but this is a SAFETY issue.
I looked through all the settings and I could not find a door off setting, like factory has.

I plugged in my factory radio and the problem went away. So it's definitely a problem in the head unit...... "

hopefully I get a quick answer tomorrow (Monday)
I don’t think it’s in settings I think it’s part of an app they created . This was the answer I got that kinda left me confused as there a Jeep based company but answered with locks and not doors.

6DD59FB5-1AA8-4B11-AF07-5E948EAE05AF.png

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Well if it doesn’t I will have an issue tbh. My fathers 250 dollar radio in his jk allows him to go doors off no problem.

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
I don’t think it’s in settings I think it’s part of an app they created . This was the answer I got that kinda left me confused as there a Jeep based company but answered with locks and not doors.

Jeep Wrangler JL What happened to Insane Audio's JL3001 head unit? 6DD59FB5-1AA8-4B11-AF07-5E948EAE05AF
Maybe mine has an issue then.
It would be acceptable if I just couldn't adjust the delay but mine won't time out at all.
And it thinks the doors are open not off

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Maybe mine has an issue then.
It would be acceptable if I just couldn't adjust the delay but mine won't time out at all.
And it thinks the doors are open not off
That would be very unacceptable. I didn’t buy a Cherokee I bought a wrangler! Lmk what they respond to you with.. maybe my question wasn’t understood when I asked them

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Yup, they actually replied today....

"Hello Tim,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Insane Audio! With Insane Audio, you get lifetime technical support and a company that stands behind everything we build 100%. You have come to the right place, we're always here to help you!
We are actually aware of this issue and it is a bug in our system that our team has fixed already. You must be on an older software version but don’t worry, the fix is relatively easy and straightforward. For the record, this is precisely why we try to handle support over e-mail and not the phone. In this case we can send you detailed step-by-step instructions and attach an update file that you can use to get everything working for you. We definitely want you to be able to take the top off, doors off and listen to your tunes with Insane Audio!

Attached to this e-mail is a software update file “CANBUS.UPDE”. You are going to need a microSD card formatted in FAT32. Its important that this card is formatted in FAT32 in order for the update to work. Please save this attachment, then move to your microSD card.

On your JL3001, please remove your Insane NavEngine GPS card and insert this new update card.

Then, please go to settings -> car -> factory settings. It will ask you for a password. Please enter “canupdates2” then click on OK. The unit should then apply the update and you should ultimately see a “Download Success!!” message.

After everything is done, press the home button. Then let’s go ahead and reboot your system by going to settings -> system -> reboot. Then you should be able to turn off your unit without any more problems.

We hope this helps!

Please let us know how you go. We look forward to your reply.

From all of us here at Insane Audio, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy in these trying times.

Cheers,
InSaNe AuDio Support Staff”

I'll do the software update tomorrow and update the resultsn

Which now that I've checked, there is a new update on their forum but it doesn't specify this issue

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Yup, they actually replied today....

"Hello Tim,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Insane Audio! With Insane Audio, you get lifetime technical support and a company that stands behind everything we build 100%. You have come to the right place, we're always here to help you!
We are actually aware of this issue and it is a bug in our system that our team has fixed already. You must be on an older software version but don’t worry, the fix is relatively easy and straightforward. For the record, this is precisely why we try to handle support over e-mail and not the phone. In this case we can send you detailed step-by-step instructions and attach an update file that you can use to get everything working for you. We definitely want you to be able to take the top off, doors off and listen to your tunes with Insane Audio!

Attached to this e-mail is a software update file “CANBUS.UPDE”. You are going to need a microSD card formatted in FAT32. Its important that this card is formatted in FAT32 in order for the update to work. Please save this attachment, then move to your microSD card.

On your JL3001, please remove your Insane NavEngine GPS card and insert this new update card.

Then, please go to settings -> car -> factory settings. It will ask you for a password. Please enter “canupdates2” then click on OK. The unit should then apply the update and you should ultimately see a “Download Success!!” message.

After everything is done, press the home button. Then let’s go ahead and reboot your system by going to settings -> system -> reboot. Then you should be able to turn off your unit without any more problems.

We hope this helps!

Please let us know how you go. We look forward to your reply.

From all of us here at Insane Audio, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy in these trying times.

Cheers,
InSaNe AuDio Support Staff”

I'll do the software update tomorrow and update the resultsn

Which now that I've checked, there is a new update on their forum but it doesn't specify this issue
Hope it works for you. Looking forward to this reply too As My radio should be days away. I’ll be calling today to find out. My cameras have shipped out. Seems like pretty good service. I’m used to those kind of updates working at Honda it was 3-4 a day with a reboot!