Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I would give them a call when they open up this morning, guessing at grade requirements of grease is potentially dangerous to the joints. Their number is 734-748-5603. NGLI#2 makes sense to me for the application but it's worth double checking with them.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Greasing is more about flushing out contaminants than it is lubricating, though that is important too. You’ll get better results from greasing more frequently than using an expensive grease.

Synthetic grease is good stuff and 5% moly is a common amount. Find one with a proper operating temp range and it will work great.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Just spent the morning quarantined in my garage and pumped fresh grease all around. Been using Swepco 101 Moly on all ball joints for years. From my Jeeps to race cars, always treated me well.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Green Grease. Used it on all my suspension rebuilds. Very water resistant, tacky, and synthetic too. It would take a very long time for it to discolor from wear and what little contamination there was when flushing the old grease out.

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
grease.jpg
Always used water resistant grease never rusted a part and never replaced a ball joint or tie rod end most miles driven 135,000 miles least 100,000

Last edited:

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Most common greases are sodium complex. Other complexes are generally not compatible.

jeff_tahoe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I emailed @Steersmarts today and here's what Kate recommends:

We recommend using Redline CV-2 grease. It can be used on a variety of applications and it outperforms even the best synthetic and conventual greases and lubes. Here is the link - https://steersmarts.com/products/redline-cv-2-synthetic-grease

(Thanks Kate for the fast email response!)

gpurp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Steersmarts tie rod this weekend. One side took about ten pumps from the grease gun until it started seeping out. That's what I was expecting. The other side kept ballooning up and never did leak any out. I ended up removing the zerk fitting to drain some out. First time I've seen that.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I emailed @Steersmarts today and here's what Kate recommends:

We recommend using Redline CV-2 grease. It can be used on a variety of applications and it outperforms even the best synthetic and conventual greases and lubes. Here is the link - https://steersmarts.com/products/redline-cv-2-synthetic-grease

(Thanks Kate for the fast email response!)
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing. Just ordered some on Amazon. I put a couple pumps of what I had in there over the weekend after install and then will hit it with this when I get it.
Sponsored