What gas milage are you getting?

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Curious as to the MPG folks are getting and with what models and options.

I'm averaging about 20 MPG now after 3200 miles. JT Rubicon.
Milage was pretty bad at first averaging around 16 till about 1500 miles. Really started improving after that. My avg includes towing a boat, long drives into a headwind and driving with a payload in back.

MPG takes a nose dive big time above 65 mph, towing and strong headwinds. Driving over 45 with the top and doors off causes a significant drop in MPG too.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase

Milage was pretty bad at first averaging around 16 till about 1500 miles. Really started improving after that. My avg includes towing a boat, long drives into a headwind and driving with a payload in back.

MPG takes a nose dive big time above 65 mph, towing and strong headwinds. Driving over 45 with the top and doors off causes a significant drop in MPG too.
JTR LE averaging 20MPG in mixed driving.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I am close to 17 mpg.

Sport S running 4.10 rear though...so not sure how much that is factoring in. Would be good to hear from someone with the same configuration.

Hoping when it breaks in it will get closer to 19.

That, and maybe I should drive a bit slower :)

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

That is good to know. I started around 16 but it seems to be going up a little bit each tank.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
LE with iDrive about 18mpg mixed driving. Pretty sure the idrive is negatively impacting my mpg... but I don’t care :angel:

Sponsored

BeepBeepIAmAJeep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Hard Rock Bright White and soon™ 2020 Gladiator LE Bright White
My worst was 18.5 and my best was low 24s. On average, I have been sitting 21-22 pretty consistently. And I have 3500 miles on my JT already. I have noticed that having the tonneau cover installed and rolled out significantly improves mpg (which was proven by my busters a while back).
The only accessory I have installed right now is my 100 lb. Winch so I havent altered the drag characteristics yet. I do expect it to get better since in the 2.5 weeks if owning it, I have only put about 200 of the miles on the jeep from my daily commute route.

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
17.7mpg, 2.5 inch lift with 35x12.5 tires

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
On my first tank, I averaged about 17.5 with a mix of driving. I took an hour long trip this weekend... about 50 miles on a secondary (two lane) road where the speed limit was mostly 55 MPH. I averaged 20.8 MPG. Stock Rubicon with 33's

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
I’m seeing 15-16 with 2 1/2 lift with 37s

Sponsored

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S

I average 18.5 in the city and 24 on the highway.
I did notice on a recent long trip that that mpg struggled to maintain 18 at 70-75 with a headwind but that it went right back up to 24 with a tailwind on the drive home.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My worst was 18.5 and my best was low 24s. On average, I have been sitting 21-22 pretty consistently. And I have 3500 miles on my JT already. I have noticed that having the tonneau cover installed and rolled out significantly improves mpg (which was proven by my busters a while back).
The only accessory I have installed right now is my 100 lb. Winch so I havent altered the drag characteristics yet. I do expect it to get better since in the 2.5 weeks if owning it, I have only put about 200 of the miles on the jeep from my daily commute route.
I have to go back and look at that. I thought there was no real difference on Mythbusters with regards to tonneau cover. I thought the only improvement they found was a mesh tailgate (which also begs to question how much the tailgate weighed).

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Overland, stock. 1,100 miles, 90% city driving. 19.8 MPG. I'm very pleased and surprised by this.

OP
OP
uplandgunner

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My Rubicon is still fairly stock, 33's and the 4.10 gearing. I did put a Smitty XRC bumper and a winch on it that added about 140 lbs. and dropped the front about 5/8" and added to the rake. I'm biding my time looking at what is coming out in lifts and leveling kits. Leveling the JT out would increase the windshield angle which should help mpg at higher speeds.
Sponsored