Sponsored

What extra lights to use for long range beams? Let’s see your set up!

OP
OP

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I installed a set of Baja Designs Squadron Pro Combination beam lights in my bumper foglight positions. I put them in because the halogen high beams weren't providing enough visibility on the lonely highways. That one set provides long enough range at highway speeds and provides enough side lighting to see wildlife near the side of the road. I have a similar setup on my truck. Use them descretely.
Do you have a picture?
Sponsored

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Also pay attention to the kelvin scale (light temperature) when choosing lights, the human eye has a harder time picking up higher kelvin. Staying under 5k would help net a better gain in visibility, but that blue sure looks cool 😏
[/QUOTE]

5K temp Is daylight, it’s essentially colorless light. Ultimately you don’t want to see the light, you want to see what the light illuminates. Different color temps will alter the colors and details of what you see, so it creates a false impression of being brighter or dimmer. It’s not. Same number of lumens, at the same beam angle will illuminate the same area no matter if it’s 3K or 5K.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
5K temp Is daylight, it’s essentially colorless light. Ultimately you don’t want to see the light, you want to see what the light illuminates. Different color temps will alter the colors and details of what you see, so it creates a false impression of being brighter or dimmer. It’s not. Same number of lumens, at the same beam angle will illuminate the same area no matter if it’s 3K or 5K.
Readjusted after looking at my old HID setup specs, but I would still keep it around 5700-5500K for a driving light. 4700K and below is great for fogs.

Jeep Wrangler JL What extra lights to use for long range beams? Let’s see your set up! 1641095255550

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I just put a set of Hella Rally 4000x on the bumper. I might turn them upside down. Not sure yet. I can't see them from the drivers seat and I would have to drill out the tubs on the underside of the bar.
Jeep Wrangler JL What extra lights to use for long range beams? Let’s see your set up! Front.JPG
Sponsored