JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even think you need to worry about all of that. Once the ICE comes on, it will stay on for a short while before shutting back off, so if you're in 4A and Hybrid mode at a light, just reach down and put it into manual shifting mode and the ICE should come on. Push it back over to D and you should be all set. If it's a long light, just wait a bit before putting it back into drive.
YUP - That's what I do. Learned it on one of the threads here. :)
Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Hey guys, apologize for the ignorance but what exactly is the 2.72:1 Selec-Trac® Full-Time 4WD System that is standard on the 4xe Sahara?

(tl;dr when can I use it?)

Coming from a mustang gt I am not familiar with Jeep’s 4 wheel drive options. I was always told you can only use Jeep’s 4 wheel on very wet, sandy, or snowy roads or you will cause damage. Reading up on selec trac sounds like you can run it in 4H with no issue more than that.

Not planning on driving 4wheel in the dry but on a cold potential black ice morning in the winter am I good with 4H even though the road will be mostly dry?

thanks!!
Selec-Trac is great to have, especially when you are dealing with extremely heavy rain puddling up on highways, where you can't use part-time. And I haven't noticed any degradation using Part Time on the beach or off-road while also having Selec-Trac, I see a lot of folks crapping on it but to me it is a win-win, money well spent.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Hey guys, apologize for the ignorance but what exactly is the 2.72:1 Selec-Trac® Full-Time 4WD System that is standard on the 4xe Sahara?

(tl;dr when can I use it?)

Coming from a mustang gt I am not familiar with Jeep’s 4 wheel drive options. I was always told you can only use Jeep’s 4 wheel on very wet, sandy, or snowy roads or you will cause damage. Reading up on selec trac sounds like you can run it in 4H with no issue more than that.

Not planning on driving 4wheel in the dry but on a cold potential black ice morning in the winter am I good with 4H even though the road will be mostly dry?

thanks!!
4wd auto is AWD
You can use it anytime. I leave mine in 4auto 24/7.

Because awd uses a clutch, the only time you don’t want to use it is in place you know for a fact you need 4wd for a significant length of time. Traversing the streets where there is snow everywhere, put in 4hi. Going off road with a lot sand or a lot of mud, 4hi.

The wrangler 392 has our same transfer case, but the 2wd option was removed. Their notmal drive mode is our very same AWD system.

Our transfer cases are awesome. Only thing I don’t like is the power limit in 2wd.

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
Older thread but great info for new people. I’ve had the Jeep over a year now and wouldn’t buy another without selec-trac. Cold rainy day today in NJ and just pop it into 4 auto and zero slip.

It’s great and a lot of fun in the 4xe to utilize the full power! I usually turn off the traction control also.

euler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i, '22 Willys 2.0T
For dry surfaces, will the 4A do anything? IE, it'll just be in 2WD mode and not see the performance benefit as an AWD would?

Or am I wrong and even in dry circumstances, power is applied to front-and-back? Can anyone confirm?

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
For dry surfaces, will the 4A do anything? IE, it'll just be in 2WD mode and not see the performance benefit as an AWD would?

Or am I wrong and even in dry circumstances, power is applied to front-and-back? Can anyone confirm?
It’ll be 2wd, but with efficiency loss from the front FAD being connected.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe

Yes it will. The system will start sending power to the front in 2 scenarios.
-throttle is applied beyond 30% (somewhere close to 30% forget the exact percentage)
-the rear tires start slipping

You have full power being applied front and rear when you are full throttle in the dry.