What Else Should I have? Running around town in case of emergency

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All
After the fire scare last week, I decided to reorganize my Jeep, just in case of emergencies, etc. Please see pics attached
I already had many of these items in my Jeep, but wanted quick access or better storage, and to add a few extra necessities
Here's my list, what else do I need?
1) New Fire Extinguisher added
2) New storage bag added via extremeterrain.com
3) Jumper Cables
4) Tools- Screwdriver, Adjustable Wrench, u can see image of all tools added
5)Portable Air Compressor
6) Tow Straps (Rhino)
7) First Aid Kit (Basic)
8) Fuses, many versions
9) the new Element Fire Extinguisher is arriving today
They all fit nicely now
Anything else?

Please be gentle, I'm a Newb

Jeep Wrangler JL What Else Should I have? Running around town in case of emergency 20220617_135613
Jeep Wrangler JL What Else Should I have? Running around town in case of emergency 20220617_140045
Jeep Wrangler JL What Else Should I have? Running around town in case of emergency 20220617_140526
Jeep Wrangler JL What Else Should I have? Running around town in case of emergency 20220617_141924
Jeep Wrangler JL What Else Should I have? Running around town in case of emergency 20220617_141954

They all fit nicely now
Anything else?

Please be gentle, I'm a Newb
Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I keep two kinds of gloves, leather work gloves and the mechanics style, both can be bought <$10 at a hardware store. Plus in the winter I keep a pair of fleece gloves and hat in the glove box.

but honestly the thing I use the most is baby wipes; poop in the woods, gut a deer, take the kids for ice cream, spill a soda, get bird poop off Jeep, whatever, a zillion uses.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
For what purpose? You mention fire scare, but that fire extinguisher isn't going to do anything for a building/structure fire or wildfire. So, what's the problem you're trying to solve? What is the risk, what is the level of likelihood? For what threat are you preparing to face?

Your list looks like a basic kit for driving around town. Is that what you're trying to do, put a list of things for driving to the grocery store? What does fire have to do with any of it?

I must have read something wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
I keep two kinds of gloves, leather work gloves and the mechanics style, both can be bought <$10 at a hardware store. Plus in the winter I keep a pair of fleece gloves and hat in the glove box.

but honestly the thing I use the most is baby wipes; poop in the woods, gut a deer, take the kids for ice cream, spill a soda, get bird poop off Jeep, whatever, a zillion uses.
Baby wipes i used to carry, for personal reasons
I'm a colon/rectal cancer survivor
Unfortunately, baby wipes would never get used and dry up eventually
I was thinking of adding couple bottles of water, don't care if they get warm
Those could be good in emergencies possibly?
Appreciate your reply & help 👍

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
For what purpose? You mention fire scare, but that fire extinguisher isn't going to do anything for a building/structure fire or wildfire. So, what's the problem you're trying to solve? What is the risk, what is the level of likelihood? For what threat are you preparing to face?

Your list looks like a basic kit for driving around town. Is that what you're trying to do, put a list of things for driving to the grocery store? What does fire have to do with any of it?

I must have read something wrong.
I came across an accident recently
Luckily I had a Fire Extinguisher
I didn't have a first aid kit
I'm not a firefighter or 1st responder, but was 1st on the scene
Regarding your question of what I'm preparing to face...
Mostly driving around town, beach stuff
Someone needs a jump, pulled out of sand, etc
Nothing crazy, just in case stuff happens I'm better prepared
Hope this answers your questions

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I came across an accident recently
Luckily I had a Fire Extinguisher
I didn't have a first aid kit
I'm not a firefighter or 1st responder, but was 1st on the scene
Regarding your question of what I'm preparing to face...
Mostly driving around town, beach stuff
Someone needs a jump, pulled out of sand, etc
Nothing crazy, just in case stuff happens I'm better prepared
Hope this answers your questions
Good for you, trying to be prepared, and if that's the case:
https://www.costco.com/bridgestone-auto-safety-emergency-kit.product.100826228.html

https://www.costco.com/first-aid-only,-home-%26-go-first-aid-kit,-312-pieces.product.100638686.html

If you haven't taken a first aid course, you probably should, maybe through the American Red Cross, basic first aid with CPR. Don't provide first aid above your level of training, or you risk hurting someone.

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of MREs, a couple of handguns, a long gun, (ammo) bear spray, a bottle jack, beef jerky, and a foam mat. ;)

Maybe a tire patch kit.
Yeah, that's out of my element
But it sounds like your well protected
Good for you, trying to be prepared, and if that's the case:
https://www.costco.com/bridgestone-auto-safety-emergency-kit.product.100826228.html

https://www.costco.com/first-aid-only,-home-%26-go-first-aid-kit,-312-pieces.product.100638686.html

If you haven't taken a first aid course, you probably should, maybe through the American Red Cross, basic first aid with CPR. Don't provide first aid above your level of training, or you risk hurting someone.
Now that's 1 of the best replies I've had so far 👍
Both items are reasonable in my opinion to carry in case of emergencies
Appreciate the help 🙏

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Some advice stemming from my experience in IT Disaster Recovery (in which I have responded to things including fires, major hurricane flooding and 9/11 WTC). Don't plan for disasters. Plan on having options available to you that may be useful in a wide variety of disasters & other situations.

Disasters never play out how you envision them to and once a disaster strikes, priorities and objectives change. Those that fare the best aren't those who have prepared a plan, but rather those who have prepared options which can be leveraged when improvising an appropriate plan for the situation as it unfolds. Chances are that one or more complications will make a pre-prepared plan impossible to execute.

So when preparing your supplies, keep a focus on being as generic, multipurpose and adaptable as possible. Never forget that when you need these supplies, a disaster will have just happened. Everything will be upended and be in complete chaos. So don't plan for the disaster, plan on being able to adapt to chaos.

Some things I think you're missing:
Duct tape. baling wire, zip ties & parachute cord. They are all incredibly versatile for both "good enough" mending/repair and also to make things that you may need.

Garry in AZ

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Rubicon, 3 pedal club.
Occupation
Engineering
Battery pack to charge USB devices away from the vehicle, or to power things like USB lights etc.
You could even use some of them to jump start your Jeep.
Sponsored