Sponsored

What dollar amount or % did u get under MSRP/invoice?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Found locally a 2020 Rubicon MSRP $53.5k, they are willing to go to $43.5k. For those of you with experience, how does this fare with current market conditions?
That's a strong deal if it's without any strings attached.
Sponsored

natalien

First Name
Natalie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Give this one last try. Send the same mail to every sales manager at every dealer in your area. CC every sales manager so they know you are shopping everyone. Make them compete for your business. Tell them you are ready to buy form the first dealer who is willing to accept 7%-under invoice on a ordered Wrangler with affiliate or Tread Lightly. You should get replies back one way or another. Also make sure you take into consideration different fees.

OR search within X-miles from you for a left over '18 or '19 that might be a good fit for you. Many have huge rebates and are great deals IF you find a color, model, options you can live with. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice! Will definitely look into doing this.

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
18.7% off MSRP on 2020 Rubicon? I'd fly out to Jersey to pick it up if your dealer is giving deals like that. Care to share which dealership is it?
I'm in NJ so please, do tell! I came to this forum to ask some questions.Sorry for the long post but any help would be greatly appreciated.
i can't find exactly what i'm looking for in 100 miles of me. The dealerships I've asked said they only have access to a 100 miles radius as well. My 1st jeep took 6 months to find because I entered almost every zip code in in the country until I found it in WI. I'm in NJ so I flew there to get it (it was a limited edition color.) I'm guessing there is no "centralized" inventory system by Jeep which is crazy if true.So, if that's indeed the case, seems like my only option is to order what I want. Which lead me to my next question. I've been told that finding one at a dealership gives you more room for negotiate since they have to get them off the lot which seems accurate.That being said, is it better to deal with a dealership that has one already but has too many options I don't want? (therefore making the price higher.) Will dealerships usually work with you to lower the price because of all the extras you don't want so that they can get it off the lot? If not, what type of negotiations are there when ordering one? Is the only way to do it is to get quotes from a bunch of dealerships and then see which one will go the lowest. Any suggestions as to which dealerships (anywhere) may be less expensive overall? Hearing about this Nj one offering 18.7% off MSRP is unheard of. I got 4% below invoice on the one I have now and I was told that was a good deal so.I HAVE to know which NJ dealership we're talking about here!

Lastly, O'm working on getting quotes so if I tell you what I'm looking for would I be able to get some feedback on what a good/great price should be? Someone also told me here that I should ask for a portion of the dealer holdbacks. Some say it worked and other said it didn't but can hurt to try.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in NJ so please, do tell! I came to this forum to ask some questions.Sorry for the long post but any help would be greatly appreciated.
i can't find exactly what i'm looking for in 100 miles of me. The dealerships I've asked said they only have access to a 100 miles radius as well. My 1st jeep took 6 months to find because I entered almost every zip code in in the country until I found it in WI. I'm in NJ so I flew there to get it (it was a limited edition color.) I'm guessing there is no "centralized" inventory system by Jeep which is crazy if true.So, if that's indeed the case, seems like my only option is to order what I want. Which lead me to my next question. I've been told that finding one at a dealership gives you more room for negotiate since they have to get them off the lot which seems accurate.That being said, is it better to deal with a dealership that has one already but has too many options I don't want? (therefore making the price higher.) Will dealerships usually work with you to lower the price because of all the extras you don't want so that they can get it off the lot? If not, what type of negotiations are there when ordering one? Is the only way to do it is to get quotes from a bunch of dealerships and then see which one will go the lowest. Any suggestions as to which dealerships (anywhere) may be less expensive overall? Hearing about this Nj one offering 18.7% off MSRP is unheard of. I got 4% below invoice on the one I have now and I was told that was a good deal so.I HAVE to know which NJ dealership we're talking about here!

Lastly, O'm working on getting quotes so if I tell you what I'm looking for would I be able to get some feedback on what a good/great price should be? Someone also told me here that I should ask for a portion of the dealer holdbacks. Some say it worked and other said it didn't but can hurt to try.

Post exactly what you want. What model, options? That way you can get a exact invoice.

It's a buyers market now. You should get all of the hold back and more.

There are indeed some very good rebates on left over 2018 and 2019 Wranglers. I have seen $2000-$3000 rebates on SELECT leftover Wranglers. Problem is you really have to be flexible on model, color, engine, options.

Have you considered a custom order? Criswell is in MD close to the DC area. Probably not too bad of a drive from NJ. They are no BS and will give you a real quote via email. They were offering 7%-8% under invoice with Affiliate or Tread Lightly on ordered 2020 Wranglers. It depends on your options and MSRP but 7%-8% under-invoice is probably in the 13%-15% off MSRP range? I think people are getting their ordered Wranglers in about 4 weeks or less? Some got their's in 11-14 days from ordering. Just depends on if everything workout logistically. Plus your name will be on the window sticker!

Check and see if you qualify for Affiliate pricing. Many companies are on the list. Or you can join Tread Lightly for $100. It's a great cause. Only caveat is you have to be a member of TL for 30 days before qualifying for the discount. So sign up now if you do not qualify for Affiliate pricing. Tread Lightly and Affiliate pricing is another 1%-of invoice off. It's actually 2%, 1% for you and 1% for the dealer. Some dealers will give you all of it, the full 2%.

You can get another $250 back in cash if you sign up for Bonus Drive via Allstate after you buy.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...tly-before-ordering.45814/page-2#post-1007777

https://www.treadlightly.org/about-us/

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...travis-amazing-transaction.44374/#post-995754

https://support.google.com/maps/ans...d&visit_id=637171650347896049-2796065338&rd=1

https://www.bonusdrive.com/Home/VehicleInformation

Last edited:

MrSushiKing

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
I think I did okay. New 2019 Wrangler Sport S 2-Door in Granite Crystal Metallic.

MSRP was $38,460 and I got it down to $31,000 flat before taxes and everything else. Almost 20% off MSRP so I am happy.

Used the $2000 off 2019 models promo, and haggled the price down by making two dealerships fight for the sale. Helps that the place I bought from also had two of my friends buy a Rubicon and a Sahara within the same month.

Kirkland, WA Rairdon's.

Sponsored

BlueCruzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Just ordered a custom-built Rubicon, in Sarge Green, got approximately 8.36% under invoice (includes Employee Discount of 5%). Dealer offered me $2k off the invoice, which I thought was pretty good given it's a Rubicon and a custom-built.. I didn't have too much negotiating power.
Which dealer in MI did you work with?

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
i can't find exactly what I'm looking for in 100 miles of me. The dealerships I've asked said they only have access to a 100 miles radius as well. My 1st jeep took 6 months to find because I entered almost every zip code in in the country until I found it in WI. I'm in NJ so I flew there to get it (it was a limited edition color.) I'm guessing there is no "centralized" inventory system by Jeep which is crazy if true.So, if that's indeed the case, seems like my only option is to order what I want. Which lead me to my next question. I've been told that finding one at a dealership gives you more room for negotiate since they have to get them off the lot which seems accurate.That being said, is it better to deal with a dealership that has one already but has too many options I don't want? (therefore making the price higher.) Will dealerships usually work with you to lower the price because of all the extras you don't want so that they can get it off the lot? If not, what type of negotiations are there when ordering one? Is the only way to do it is to get quotes from a bunch of dealerships and then see which one will go the lowest. Any suggestions as to which dealerships (anywhere) may be less expensive overall? Hearing about this Nj one offering 18.7% off MSRP is unheard of. I got 4% below invoice on the one I have now and I was told that was a good deal so.I HAVE to know which NJ dealership we're talking about here!

I'm working on getting quotes so if I tell you what I'm looking for would I be able to get some feedback on what a good/great price should be? Someone also told me here that I should ask for a portion of the dealer holdbacks. Some say it worked and other said it didn't but can hurt to try.

Thanks for the detailed response! Here are the configurations I'm looking at. I need a 2019 or 20 because the color I want was only made in 19 and 20. These are the 2019's in order of basic to my ideal configurations.I'd be open to a low mileage 2019.

1:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...Z1E,SDU,TDA,WHG,CL,UAG,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,24G,APA

2:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...SDU,TDA,WHG,CL,UAG,AD6,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,24G,APA

3:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...CL,UAQ,AEK,AD6,AJ1,RC4,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,24G,APA

1:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2020.html#/build/exterior/07002/CUJ202010JLJP74A/2TG/EXJ,DFV,DME,DSA,SDU,Z1L,TDB,WHG,CL,UAG,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,26G,APA

2:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2020.html#/build/exterior/07002/CUJ202010JLJP74A/2TG/EXJ,DFV,DME,DSA,SDU,Z1L,TDB,WHG,CL,UAG,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,26G,APA

3:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2020.html#/build/powertrain/07002/CUJ202010JLJP74A/2TG/ERC,DEM,DLK,Z1E,SDU,TDA,WHG,CL,UAQ,AEK,AD6,AJ1,RC4,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,23G,APA

If any of these additional options I've selected would less expensive by adding aftermarket parts that are just as good if not better, that would be helpful as well. Example, the navigation system I got in the jeep i have now had to be replaced almost immediately after I got it. Then I read the Navs on the 2015 were the worst.

Thank you for the dealership recommendation, I'll definitely reach out to them. Anyone else reading this that had any dealerships that are great to work with, please let me know,

So is there really no difference in trying to find what I want on a lot as opposed to ordering? Still waiting to see if that guy who got that unbelievable price (18% below invoice, in NJ)

Lastly, questions about leasing. I'd NEVER lease if I wasn't planning to buy at the end of the lease but the lease payments would be lower for the for first 3 years. Is leasing an option i should even consider? I'm definitely not a fan of leasing in any way shape or form unless someone tells me there is a positive aspect to it from a financial perspective.

Again, thanks so much!
Kim

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the detailed response! Here are the configurations I'm looking at. I need a 2019 or 20 because the color I want was only made in 19 and 20. These are the 2019's in order of basic to my ideal configurations.I'd be open to a low mileage 2019.

1:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...Z1E,SDU,TDA,WHG,CL,UAG,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,24G,APA

2:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...SDU,TDA,WHG,CL,UAG,AD6,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,24G,APA

3:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...CL,UAQ,AEK,AD6,AJ1,RC4,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,24G,APA

1:

2:

3:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2020.html#/build/powertrain/07002/CUJ202010JLJP74A/2TG/ERC,DEM,DLK,Z1E,SDU,TDA,WHG,CL,UAQ,AEK,AD6,AJ1,RC4,HT3,GXD,X9,PPT,23G,APA

If any of these additional options I've selected would less expensive by adding aftermarket parts that are just as good if not better, that would be helpful as well. Example, the navigation system I got in the jeep i have now had to be replaced almost immediately after I got it. Then I read the Navs on the 2015 were the worst.

Thank you for the dealership recommendation, I'll definitely reach out to them. Anyone else reading this that had any dealerships that are great to work with, please let me know,

So is there really no difference in trying to find what I want on a lot as opposed to ordering? Still waiting to see if that guy who got that unbelievable price (18% below invoice, in NJ)

Lastly, questions about leasing. I'd NEVER lease if I wasn't planning to buy at the end of the lease but the lease payments would be lower for the for first 3 years. Is leasing an option i should even consider? I'm definitely not a fan of leasing in any way shape or form unless someone tells me there is a positive aspect to it from a financial perspective.

Again, thanks so much!
Kim
Your links are not working for my browser for some reason?

Can you list the model, color, exact options?

Looks like you want Bikini. You can search nationally to see if there is a leftover '19 close to your build you can live with. Otherwise just build and order one. In reality the leftover '19 will cost less initially. But it is a year old and will be worth one years worth of depreciation less when you sell compared to a 2020. The $2K savings upfront is probably not enough to make up for the actual depreciation when you sell. It really only makes sense to buy the '19 if you plan on driving it for a long time. Long enough so the depreciation is a wash. I'd buy a 2020 if you plan on selling in 4-5 years or less.

I had the NAV in my '15 JK. The JL GPS is a LOT better then the JK GPS. I would stick with the factory head unit. The 8.4" Infotainment with Bose is awesome.

Definitely send Criswell your exact build and get a price. They are NO BS. They are probably the benchmark for pricing. You can use their price and compare with other dealers.

Leasing regulations are different for every State so can't help you there.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Criswell auto
Agreed! Kevin, the sales manager is on these forums and has a host of salespeople who will help you. Patrick is one of them and he really is no nonsense and no pressure. Go to the dealer website, click on meet the staff and you can find their contact info.

If you’re tired of shopping around and just want to be taken care of, they can get people up to 8% off invoice price (forum member, tread lightly and financing thru the dealership). On 2020’s, 8% below invoice is not as common as it was on the 2018 and 2019’s since there are now only a handful of dealerships willing to go down that low.

Fortunately those dealers know where the business is and you can find them on this forum if you look hard enough. There’s a sticky under “ordering and pricing” that’ll direct you to good dealerships to do business with. Happy hunting!!!

albo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I personally do 7% bellow invoice for all my customer factory orders. I have ordered a fair amount of Jeeps for people on this forum and have always offered that price. Not easy to hit those numbers though, that is really pushing what is possible.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally do 7% bellow invoice for all my customer factory orders. I have ordered a fair amount of Jeeps for people on this forum and have always offered that price. Not easy to hit those numbers though, that is really pushing what is possible.
What's your DOC fee?
Any other requirements like Affiliate or Tread Lightly?
Sponsored