Sponsored

What does the upgraded alternator / battery look like?

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I have the tow package on the 3.6L ESS and it has the Aux battery. MY 2019
And I guess you have the 700 Amp main battery and the 240 Amp alternator like the 3.0L?

Jeep Wrangler JL What does the upgraded alternator / battery look like? 1609305592213
Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Should I be worried? I ordered the tow package with my Sport S (still waiting on delivery). My window sticker does not list the 240-Amp Alternator in the tow package group listing (or anywhere), and the only "alternator" I find in the build sheet is "Delete Alternator" directly above the "700 Amp Maintenance Free Battery". Surely they wouldn't build it without an alternator at all, would they?

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Should I be worried? I ordered the tow package with my Sport S (still waiting on delivery). My window sticker does not list the 240-Amp Alternator in the tow package group listing (or anywhere), and the only "alternator" I find in the build sheet is "Delete Alternator" directly above the "700 Amp Maintenance Free Battery". Surely they wouldn't build it without an alternator at all, would they?
No, the worst that can happen is they may not get the upgraded one but the standard one. Even that is a not likely to happen. And I think you can verify which one by the part number on the alternator.

Punk'n2doorsport

First Name
Willian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler sport, 6spd manual, 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trucker
Vehicle Showcase
There are actually 3 alternators. Seems the Sport/'Sport S have a 180 amp alternator. Adding the 8.4 radio bumps you to a 220 and the 220 appears to be standard on the Rubicon. 240 comes with the tow package. There may be other combinations of options but that is all I have seen.
I can confirm I have a base model Sport 180 amp alternator

Sponsored

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
Those who ordered 3.6L engine with automatic transmission will get eTorque which replaces the alternator with a belt driven generator which charges the 48-volt liquid cooled battery pack located outside near left rear axle and this battery pack operates the start/stop; for those who ordered the 3.6L engine with standard transmission, you get the standard alternator with the small motorcycle size battery located beneath the main battery and this small battery runs the start/stop function.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Those who ordered 3.6L engine with automatic transmission will get eTorque which replaces the alternator with a belt driven generator which charges the 48-volt liquid cooled battery pack located outside near left rear axle and this battery pack operates the start/stop; for those who ordered the 3.6L engine with standard transmission, you get the standard alternator with the small motorcycle size battery located beneath the main battery and this small battery runs the start/stop function.
This.
There is no secondary small 12 volt battery or alternator on my 2021 3.6L auto.
Sponsored