Sponsored

what does the dealer REALLY pay? How are you finding this out?

OP
OP
Albertaktm

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Most dealers will show you the invoice. Years ago they got smart and worked with the car manufacturers to help them out so they all didn’t go under. When KBB first started posting the invoice folks would go in and basically say I will give you $100 over invoice and truly to the dealer it was $100 profit. They can’t live on that. It was how most would shop.

Fast forward to now and while the invoice is that then the manufacturers do “rebates” and such over the entire inventory so it can’t be tracked or tied to one specific vin on the lot. This is now how dealers will sell you below invoice because they know what it takes to keep the lights on and make a profit. Those profit margins will be all over the board so that is why you still need to shop around as not all will match each deal. I have bought lots of cars and find that just because they are a huge volume dealer doesn’t always mean the best price. Some of those big dealers are part of a huge company I.e. Autonation and many of them don’t really care about customer loyalty or customers for life. They know that a sucker will still come in and buy a car at MSRP and they like that.
Im going by a dealer today and I'll ask them for the invoice price. Only to actually record their response. I'm 99.987% sure they will just laugh at me. Once again, it's probably just here in Canada.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Im going by a dealer today and I'll ask them for the invoice price. Only to actually record their response. I'm 99.987% sure they will just laugh at me. Once again, it's probably just here in Canada.
It might make sense for you Canadians to start a separate thread on pricing and buying. That might help with data points of transaction prices for dealers in the different regions.

Don't know if you have a trade because that would be a additional step.

You might not need to know exact invoice or cost. All you really care about is who will sell for the best price in your region / area. You can always use the shotgun shopping method.

Send a mass email to sales manager of every dealer you are willing to travel and buy from. Copy each dealer onto the same email so they see who they are competing against. Tell them you are ready to buy from whichever dealer gives you the best out the door price for your exact ordered Wrangler. You will get a idea of who is willing to deal. Negotiate and pit the dealers against each other until they let you walk away. The last dealer standing will be your best price.

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '15 Tacoma
There you go. Question answered. No dealer here in Canada will show you that sheet.
I also noticed the Dual top group. The full retail here in Canada is $1,400. And that’s our funny money !
They actually will show you this. Below is my order sheet. It's not secret info.
Here is the thread for the 2019 order guide which shows invoice pricing aka fwp. Pricing has changed slightly for the 2020's.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...angler-order-guide-for-canada-2-4-door.15000/
Varsity Chrysler in Calgary is offering invoice+$500 on factory orders. I confirmed with them they still are offering this deal as of January 2020.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/calgary-alberta-members-500-over-invoice.29767/

With that info, I went to a local dealer who my friend bought his JKUR from. I test drove two JLU's. I was upfront about my intentions. They had no problem matching that deal, as I suspect any other reputable dealer would. I then put down my deposit for my build.
SSs20k8.jpg