Sponsored

What does start/stop ready mean in the drivers menu option?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Please read your owner manual.

STOP/START SYSTEM — AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (IF EQUIPPED)
The Engine Stop/Start (ESS) function is developed to reduce fuel consumption. The system will stop the engine automatically during a vehicle stop if the required conditions are met. Releasing the brake pedal or pressing the accelerator pedal will automatically re-start the engine.

ESS vehicles have been upgraded with a heavy duty starter, enhanced battery, and other
upgraded engine parts, to handle the additional engine starts. Vehicles equipped with eTorque
contain a heavy duty motor generator and an additional hybrid electric battery to store energy
from vehicle deceleration for use on engine startup after a stop as well as providing launch
torque assist.

AUTOSTOP MODE
The Stop/Start feature is enabled after every driver ignition start. At that time, the system will
go into STOP/START READY and if all other conditions are met, can go into a STOP/START
AUTOSTOP ACTIVE “Autostop” mode.

To Activate The Autostop Mode, The Following Must Occur:
 The system must be in STOP/START READY state. A STOP/START READY message will be
displayed in the instrument cluster display within the Stop/Start section
 The vehicle must be completely stopped.
 The shifter must be in a forward gear and the brake pedal pressed.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
I would add to the list that jludave stated that the engine needs to be warm enough. I noticed several times in the winter (we had some extreme cold in Feb) the engine would not stop when the break was depressed.

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
That is correct, as outside temps warm up, e-torque will start activating more. Cold weather, it takes a while, I only got a 12 mile ride to work each day, when it’s 20 degrees it normally don’t kick in till the last couple stops before my work place.
Sponsored