First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Alas, I just found that my order for a 2019 Moab (Sting Grey) is restricted due to trying to order Sky One Touch top. I do not yet have a VIN, which I think is a bad sign. I'm not sure exactly what this means. If its only on the dealers desk, or if FCA has it in their system and could at least be working on trying to fulfill my order. Dealer says not to worry, there is plenty of time. I am patient, but I want to take delivery sometime before I die....
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
ā€œRestrictionā€ means something in your order has met its allocation limit for the current order cycle. You will be put in the queue for the next order cycle which should open around the second week of October.

OP
OP
Mrjimmystewart

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Here is what my salesman said...

Restricted simply means that there is a delay for that particular part, but the Rubicon automatic was on restriction all of last year.

FCA knows about your order, that is why you have a VON (vehicle order number)

The One Touch was limited to only sold orders for last year and it was extremely difficult to get and is still difficult to get, but we have been assured from the factory that they will be produced this year.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
When I was ordering yesterday my sales guy told me 3.6 is on restriction. He tried to upsell me on the 2.0 (which I donā€™t hate), but I like proven engines. Iā€™ll wait a couple more weeks

Sponsored

dhowsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Went to order a 24G yesterday and my dealer could not even find this as a selectable option in the order system. 24M 23G & 28G were all there. Anyone else seeing this?

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
ā€œRestrictionā€ means something in your order has met its allocation limit for the current order cycle. You will be put in the queue for the next order cycle which should open around the second week of October.
Currently I only have a VON awaiting a VIN. When would you find out if there is a ā€œrestrictionā€?

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Is there a way we can check a VON to get a status update , besides calling the dealer ?
Thanks