Sponsored

What does everyone do with their stock parts?

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Just curious. What does everyone do with their stock parts? Obviously the go-to answer is to sell on craigslist or Facebook, but for most parts no one would want them. I have gas caps and stock wheels and suspension that it seems no one wants. Do you guys keep all your stuff in a box "just in case" or take it to the dumpster? I currently have everything piled in a box just waiting "just in case."
The only stock item I modified were the rock sliders. Removed them from my JLUR and got Rock Sliders with Step Assist instead as my wife was complaining about having a hard time getting in the Jeep. Still have the stock sliders sitting in my garage for over a year now as I like keeping things just in case.

Rest of my Jeep is still factory stock with the exception of four Mopar Grab Handles as I do not intend to modify for as long as I own it.
Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I've still got a bumper from my first YJ in the attic :LOL: along with the JL plastic bumpers. I actually replaced the stock rock rails while up in Idaho towing the Jeep behind our motorhome. Wrapped them up in a blanket and fit them under the coach in a bin. Carried them for the rest of the trip (about 6k miles) just looking for someone with a sport that I could give them to. Ended up with them back home on craigslist and sold them for 50 bucks. Probably should have just let them hit the dumpster when I first removed them for all the room they took up.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wish someone would donate their old factory Mopar steel bumper to me! Seriously, I keep the stock parts to return the vehicle to stock before I sell or in case I get in an accident and need a quick fix.

Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My sport tires had 18,000 miles and had a lil curve rash on one of them so I happily pulled up to a hole in the wall tire shop and took $100 bucks for them. After 3 months of trying to sell. I recycled most of the sport suspension because I didnā€™t see much value in it and I didnā€™t feel like waiting 2 hours at the metal scrape yard.

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to sell my take off suspension, wheels and tires from my rubicon. Then for my wifeā€™s rubicon we stored them and eventually put them on my sons sport s. Some of the rubicon take off parts have value. Not much off the lower trim classes

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just curious. What does everyone do with their stock parts? Obviously the go-to answer is to sell on craigslist or Facebook, but for most parts no one would want them. I have gas caps and stock wheels and suspension that it seems no one wants. Do you guys keep all your stuff in a box "just in case" or take it to the dumpster? I currently have everything piled in a box just waiting "just in case."
In the same vain can anyone tell me approximately how much I should be able to get for these with less than 100 miles?

IMG_20210121_150830.jpg

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Gave the wheels and tires away, bumpers now reside in the dump.

Sponsored

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
I've still got parts from vehicles I sold years ago, don't be like me. There are bumpers and exhaust systems in the crawlspace under my house that I'm probably going to sell with the house for future generations to find because I never make the time to take photos and sell them.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
That should be pretty easy. Just list it on eBay, where people are happy to pay new prices for used stuff.
Nahā€” used or old parts arenā€™t worth much. You gotta leave them lay around until they can be called Rare, Obsolete, hard to find, VINTAGE Parts. The price goes up 5ā€“10 X of old used parts. šŸ˜

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I was trying to give away my rear seats for about a month and a half before I finally mutilated them and threw them away.. go figure, a month later, someone on here hits me up wanting them. Shit luck I guess.

The only thing I have currently which I think anybody would even want is my Rubicon Rock Rails which came with the Willys Sport. Though I'm going to hang on to them for a couple months just to make sure my replacement steps will be able to handle being dragged across the rocks.

Pretty much it seems unless you got Rubicon parts, nobody wants anything you got.