Sponsored

What does everyone do with their stock parts?

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious. What does everyone do with their stock parts? Obviously the go-to answer is to sell on craigslist or Facebook, but for most parts no one would want them. I have gas caps and stock wheels and suspension that it seems no one wants. Do you guys keep all your stuff in a box "just in case" or take it to the dumpster? I currently have everything piled in a box just waiting "just in case."
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m selling my 18” wheels and OE plastic front bumper. They take up too much space to keep them around just in case.

I’ve been getting inquiries on the front bumper from JK owners with damaged front bumpers. The wheels will sell eventually; everyone and everything has a price.

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
I usually hold onto them to if they're not worth a ton and I'll donate them to someone if they have a damaged or worn out part. Worst case I've given parts to my local Jeep group or Jeep shop to help them fix people's Jeeps.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
I tend to keep many stock parts up to a point. My plastic front bumper is in the attic. I'm a "mostly stock" kind of guy so I won't have a suspension set or anything to worry about. My JLR is a great vehicle, I won't be doing major surgery although the rear plastic bumper may get changed too some day. I'll keep it too.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Keep them, sell them, trash them - depending on it’s value and usefulness. Wheels and tires - sell because they have value and are big the keep around. Various fasteners and small parts - keep because they might be useful and don’t take much space. Big useless stuff - like OEM skid plates that are replaced by aftermarket ones - scrap it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jackgraves7

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I usually hold onto them to if they're not worth a ton and I'll donate them to someone if they have a damaged or worn out part. Worst case I've given parts to my local Jeep group or Jeep shop to help them fix people's Jeeps.
I like this idea. If I can help someone else that needs them I would. Do Jeep dealerships take used parts?

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Just curious. What does everyone do with their stock parts? Obviously the go-to answer is to sell on craigslist or Facebook, but for most parts no one would want them. I have gas caps and stock wheels and suspension that it seems no one wants. Do you guys keep all your stuff in a box "just in case" or take it to the dumpster? I currently have everything piled in a box just waiting "just in case."
I just put all the stuff in storage.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Im in the market for a set of Rubi Rims. I have some General AT-X's on my sport wheels and wouldnt mind some nicer wheels.

Sponsored

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I recently found a box of stock control arms and springs from my TJ in my garage, which I sold in 2014. I’m inclined to say toss or sell them....lol

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly just storing stuff for now... But have asking myself the same question for the long run.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
depends on value... black plastic fenders and bumpers take so much space and really have no resell value.... take them to the local recycling facility..

Wheels.. tires, TPMS?.. I just sold all 5 for $150...

Suspension... again.. no resell value.. I just donated them to a guy building a TJ

Even my stock Dana 30/35 axles were hard to sell... I sold both for a mere $450

Unless you are a hoarder it makes no sense to keep any of that stock stuff.. if you upgraded anything.. are you really going to put stock parts back if the aftermarket part breaks? I doubt it..

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

I try to sell mine for twice what they're worth! :):giggle:

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Never sell - always give away for free.

If I can afford to buy a new JL and extra parts for it - I can afford to help someone else out.

Craigslist. Usually gone within an hour. Have met some interesting people working on interesting projects that could really use the parts.
Sponsored