Sponsored

What does anybody know about these Dstrac axles?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Do you have the link to their instagram page? I found the tractor industrial page. MSV is awesome. I've been over there a couple times.
Sponsored

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Pricing wise, it seems they are competitive. The ability to run 40’s on their “44” is attractive. Website says it’s bolt on.

as someone else mentioned, their Brazilian website definitely shows some high torque, big abuse rigs running their axles.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’ve been talking to them on Instagram, yes they claim they can’t be broken, I’m interested the big drawback I see is that replacement parts will be impossible to get quickly IF they happen to break, standard u joints won’t fit the axles and only they sell parts for lockers etc. They make big claims, like RCV being a downgrade.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
That is what I have been trying to find out. I don't want to have to wait 2-3 weeks on general parts. In fact I couldn't afford that, time wise, since I travel so frequently.

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Im curious about these too, that 44/70 combo is tempting for me

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
True everything does break at some point for whatever reason. One of my concerns are how much torque is lost through all of the gearing? Any? what kind of stock do they carry on hand? I am thinking if things go right in the next month or so I might be getting a set of these to try and break.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I need one of you to jump in and figure it all out. LOL. I'm planning on big boy axles toward the end of the year. While I do most of the work on my Jeep, I am no fabricator and wouldn't trust my skills to set up an axle. (bracketry, etc.) I either need to buy a bolt-in axle set or hire it out. I've got a lot of research to do. Portals would be awesome. I think I'd have to change my suspension setup as I don't really want an additional 4" of lift though. I'll have to think through that. I want long arms and coil overs at some point anyway.

For the DSTRAC, have they said if they can set up the portals with JL brackets? The competition front portal axle appears setup for full hydraulic which I don't think I want. I might be better with the non-competition version.

For as much as I feel I know about Jeeps, I've always worked with the limitations of the stock axles. I've got a lot to learn about the pros/cons of the different available configurations that can be ordered with custom axles. :headbang:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I need one of you to jump in and figure it all out. LOL. I'm planning on big boy axles toward the end of the year. While I do most of the work on my Jeep, I am no fabricator and wouldn't trust my skills to set up an axle. (bracketry, etc.) I either need to buy a bolt-in axle set or hire it out. I've got a lot of research to do. Portals would be awesome. I think I'd have to change my suspension setup as I don't really want an additional 4" of lift though. I'll have to think through that. I want long arms and coil overs at some point anyway.

For the DSTRAC, have they said if they can set up the portals with JL brackets? The competition front portal axle appears setup for full hydraulic which I don't think I want. I might be better with the non-competition version.

For as much as I feel I know about Jeeps, I've always worked with the limitations of the stock axles. I've got a lot to learn about the pros/cons of the different available configurations that can be ordered with custom axles. :headbang:
That’s just it, so you’re going to go back to basically stock-height suspension and then have limited room for articulation before these things start hitting everywhere. It’s not really practical unless you’re building a frame designed to work with the axles. If you’re looking for turn key setup for long arms Dynatrac will ship your axle with the Rock Krawler bracketed all setup for you. Yes they’re expensive but if you’re not going to do some of your own fabrication it’s probably cheaper in the long run.

VTL

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I am building a overland JL and asked the same question. Its a bolt on application and the full hydraulic steering is just an option. It will come with new Tie rod.
I am planning to run a Teraflex 2.5" lift with 40" tires.
Sponsored